Why settle for ordinary when you can soar in style with a Virgin Australia Airlines seat upgrade? Whether it’s for a special occasion or simply to treat yourself, enjoy the luxury of extra space and comfort. Indulge in the joy of flying with this air carrier and arrive at your destination feeling pampered and rejuvenated.
Seat Upgrade Methods On Virgin Australia Airlines
The carrier offers you various ways with which you can upgrade your seat for the upcoming flight. Let us discuss these ways in detail for your convenience.
It is a feature of the airline in which you can place a bid and upgrade your seat to Business Class. The steps you have to follow in this process are:
- Head to the official website of the airline i.e. www.virginaustralia.com on your preferred browser.
- Select the “Manage Booking” tab from the top of the homepage.
- At the right corner of this tab, you will see the “Upgrade” option.
- Click on it and then enter your booking reference along with your last name.
- After adding the relevant information, click on the “Check Eligibility” button.
- If the seats are available in a higher cabin, you can make an offer as per the amount you are ready to pay for the upgrade.
- In the next step, you have to enter your payment card details. It is so that the carrier can charge the amount automatically but it will be done only if your bid is accepted.
- Review your added details carefully and click on the “Submit” button.
- The carrier will send you an email regarding the seat upgrade confirmation around 3 hours prior to the departure of your flight.
Economy X Seat Upgrade
A marvelous feature that lets you upgrade your standard economy seat. You can enjoy up to 40% extra legroom, priority check-in, and boarding, along with preferred overhead lockers on board.
With just some extra amount as Virgin Australia fees for seat upgrade that ranges between $29 to $85, you can have unlimited fun.
You can make this seat upgrade at any time according to your preferences and via both online as well as offline methods.
The Economy X seat upgrade is available at the time of initial booking, after the reservation via the “Manage Booking” tab, and during online check-in.
You can purchase these seats at the kiosk machine or at the airport check-in counters too. This seat upgrade is also possible by connecting with the carrier’s call center. You can call on the number 1855 253 8021 and buy your preferred seat.
Seat Upgrade With Membership
The Velocity frequent flyer is the program of this carrier for its loyal customers. If you are a member of this program, then you are entitled to upgrade your seat with points or get a complimentary seat upgrade.
Upgrading A Seat With Points
If you wish to upgrade your seat with Velocity points, then you can do so at different intervals of time and at different locations.
You can complete the seat upgrade process online up to 4 hours before the flight’s departure. It can also be done by calling the membership contact center 2 hours prior to the departure.
The seat upgrade on Virgin Australia Airlines is also allowed until 30 minutes before the domestic flight’s departure and up to 60 minutes prior to the departure time of your international flight.
Seat Upgrade Waitlist
In some cases when your seat upgrade is not confirmed, do not worry as you can register yourself in the waitlist by accessing your booking at the website or by calling the carrier. Some more points related to the waitlist are:
- Make sure you have enough points in order to upgrade your seat with Velocity points.
- Your points will not be deducted from your account until your seat upgrade is not confirmed. ‘
- The carrier starts confirming the waitlist upgrades for the flight around 5 days before the departure.
- The seat upgrades in the waitlist are given according to the Velocity membership tier. It starts from the Platinum members, followed by Gold, Silver, and Red.
- In case you cancel your booking, check in for the flight, or make changes to it, then your waitlist request will be canceled too.
- You will receive an email from the carrier once your waitlist request is successful. It will include your upgraded seat details and e-ticket receipt.
Important Information Regarding Seat Upgrade With Points
There are a few key points in this seat upgrade feature mentioned below that you should be aware of.
- You cannot upgrade your seat with points if you have bought an Economy Light fare for the journey.
- The points that will be used for the upgrade are based on a single flight segment. If you wish to upgrade for more segments, then the points will be calculated separately.
- Your baggage allowance will be increased according to the Business Class on your upgraded seat.
- You will earn the status credits and points on the basis of your originally purchased fare.
- It is not guaranteed that you will get a Business Class meal if you make the seat upgrade within 3 hours of the flight’s departure.
- A fee of $35 or 4,500 points will be charged for changing or canceling your seat upgrade. It is permitted at least 24 hours prior to the departure.
Complimentary Seat Upgrades
The Platinum status members of the Velocity frequent flyer program receive four complimentary upgrade credits every year. You can get a Virgin Australia Airlines upgrade to Business Class on your Flex fare ticket.
You can also upgrade the seat of your partner flying on the same reservation for free.
Call the number +61 2 8667 5924, it will connect you with the membership contact center of the carrier to upgrade your seat until 2 hours before the departure.
This seat upgrade facility is also available at the domestic lounges of the carrier. You are entitled to upgrade your seat on the same day of travel until 40 minutes prior to your flight’s departure.
How can I get a refund for my seat upgrade on Virgin Australia Airlines?
A refund for a seat upgrade is possible only in some dire circumstances. You have to fill out a refund form on the website of the carrier and submit it with the correct information. If it is approved, you will get the amount back in the original form of payment for the seat upgrade. It is advised that you check out the website of the carrier and get more information regarding the seat upgrade refund terms and conditions.
Can anyone sit on the Virgin Australia Airlines Economy X upgraded seat?
You should be aware that some of the Economy X seats are located in the emergency exit rows on this carrier. It means that not every passenger is eligible to sit on these seats. So, when you make the upgrade for these specific seats, you should meet the exit row conditions. In case you don’t meet the requirements, you might be able to move to an alternate Economy X seat by paying an additional fee. You should inform the airline as soon as possible if you are not able to fulfill the emergency exit row seat conditions.