Elevate your journey to unparalleled heights with a Philippine Airlines seat upgrade. From the moment you settle into your upgraded seat, you will feel the difference in comfort and luxury. The goal of this airline is to make your flight as enjoyable and stress-free as possible. Your travel experience is not just a destination; it is an unforgettable adventure. So, upgrade your seat with this carrier and update your travel story.
Seat Upgrade Manual Of Philippine Airlines
The carrier offers various ways with which you can upgrade your seat for the upcoming flight. The seat upgrade can be made from Economy to Premium Economy or Business class of this air carrier.
Bid For A Seat Upgrade
With the help of myPal Upgrade, you can place a bid within a pre-determined price range and fly in a higher cabin class.
It is available up to 36 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure. You might also be invited for a bid upgrade through an email 7 days prior to the departure of your flight.
Make sure to put in your best offer during the initial process to increase the chances of a seat upgrade. Below are a few easy steps that you can follow in this procedure.
- Navigate to the official website of the airline by typing www.philippineairlines.com on your preferred browser.
- Scroll your cursor on the homepage and select the “myPal Upgrade” tab.
- Click on the “Upgrade Now” button and the system will open up a new page.
- Enter your booking reference and last name. After this, click on the “Check Eligibility” button.
- Place your bid by entering the amount of your offer that you are ready to pay for a seat upgrade.
- Provide your credit card details in the payment section. Do not fret as it will be charged only upon acceptance of your bid.
- Check the information correctly and click on the “Submit” button for seat upgrade on Philippine Airlines.
- The airline will send you an acknowledgment email containing the details of your after once it is received by them.
- Your seat upgrade bid success or failure will be notified to you via email at least 24 hours before the flight’s departure.
Terms Of Service For Seat Upgrade Bid
Here are the terms that apply to your seat upgrade offer submission to this airline. It is important that you are aware of them before placing your bid for a seat upgrade.
- Your flight ticket must be issued using the carrier’s document on 079 as per the Philippine Airlines seat upgrade policy.
- The myPal Upgrade for seats might be availed only on specific fares, flights, destinations, etc.
- The carrier is under no obligation to accept your offer and guarantee a seat upgrade.
- Your offer for the seat upgrade is in addition to the original ticket price.
- You cannot modify or cancel your offer once it is accepted for the seat upgrade.
- Your paid seat selection will result in its forfeiture if your seat upgrade bid is successful.
- The fare conditions of your original ticket will remain in effect whether or not your offer is accepted.
Instant Seat Upgrade
You are entitled to buy a guaranteed seat upgrade for your flight upon check-in online or at the airport.
Seat Upgrade During Online Check-In
Go through the steps mentioned below that you need to follow during this procedure.
- Complete your online check-in at the carrier’s website within 24 hours of your flight’s departure.
- Select a seat upgrade to Premium Economy or Business Class from the available options.
- Add your payment information in the specified fields and click on the “Confirm” button.
- You will receive your seat upgrade confirmation from the carrier to your registered email address.
Seat Upgrade At The Airport
You can reach out to one of the agents of the airline at the airport check-in counter and ask for a seat upgrade.
You should be present at the airport counter at least 4 hours before the departure of your flight. You can confirm your upgraded seat by paying the amount asked by the representative.
Charges For Airport Seat Upgrade
The Philippine Airlines fees for seat upgrades depend on the route of your flight and the booking class to which you are upgraded. Below are the prices for seat upgrades on one-way international flights of this airline
- Seat upgrades from Economy to Premium class can be purchased around from $740 to $890.
- You need to pay approximately $650 – $700 for a seat upgrade from Premium Economy to Business Class.
- If you want a seat upgrade from Economy to Business Class with this carrier, then the price range is between $1,230 to $1,250
Premium Economy Class Seat Upgrade Benefits
You can enjoy loads of perks with your Philippine Airlines upgrade to Premium Economy. We have mentioned some of them below.
- The priority treatment begins from the time you arrive at the airport like check-in, boarding, luggage retrieval, etc
- The seats on board are extra spacious in an exclusive cabin.
- The meals are specially crafted from which you can choose on your flight.
Benefits Of Business Class Seat Upgrade
Your Philippine Airlines upgrade to Business class lets you take advantage of a number of benefits.
- At the airport, you can enjoy VIP treatment with a dedicated check-in service.
- Priority services like boarding, baggage handling, and a generous baggage allowance are given to you.
- The business class seats are designed luxuriously and you can adjust them according to your level of comfort.
- You can indulge in full-course gourmet meals prepared by world-class chefs meticulously for your journey.
Why am I not able to place a bid for seat upgrades on Philippine Airlines?
The carrier prohibits you from making a seat upgrade and considers you ineligible for it in case:
1. You are holding an award ticket for any or all frequent flyer programs of the carrier.
2. You are traveling alone as an unaccompanied minor.
3. You have ID/AD or denied boarding flight tickets.
4. Your booking includes an infant or 10/more passengers under a single reference.
5. You have a reservation with or more passengers on a medical case.
Can I get a refund for my seat upgrade offer on Philippine Airlines?
Once your seat upgrade offer is accepted, it becomes non-refundable, except for some valid or legal cause. Your refund case will be determined by the airline in accordance with its rules and regulations. If you are eligible for a refund, then you need to submit your boarding pass and confirmation email for a successful upgrade.