Picture yourself in a world of comfort with the exquisite Japan Airlines seat upgrade. Let lavishness embrace you, accompanied by top-notch service. Glide with this carrier and explore an odyssey where each nuance is fashioned for your contentment. Your upgraded seat is ready, merging luxury with boundless sky.
Seat Upgrading Ways On Japan Airlines
The carrier offers various ways in which you can upgrade your seat for the journey. Let us tell you about the different methods in detail.
This service allows you to place a bid for a higher cabin seat from Economy or Premium Economy class. Go through the steps mentioned below if you wish to apply for a bid.
- Navigate to the official website of the carrier at Japan Airlines on your preferred search engine.
- Retrieve your flight information by entering your reservation code and other details.
- If your flight is eligible, then the “Bid Upgrade” button will be displayed on your screen. Click on it to proceed further.
- There might be both Premium Economy and Business Class available on the bidding page. Select from either one.
- Enter the amount that you want to pay for the bid and add your credit card information on the form.
- Your bid amount will be deducted from your added card once your seat upgrade on Japan Airlines is confirmed.
- The carrier starts to accept the bid application 48 hours before the departure. And if your bid is successful, you will be notified at least 24 hours prior via email.
Note: Depending on the eligibility of your flight, the carrier might send you an email regarding the bid upgrade. You can apply by email also to upgrade your seat.
Additional Information About Bid Upgrade
There are a few pointers you should know while placing a bid for a seat upgrade.
- The carrier finalizes the bid in descending order. There might be some occasions when no upgrades are available for the seat.
- If multiple people place a bid at the same price, then it will be accepted on the basis of reservation class, JMB status, the bid execution date, and time.
- You are entitled to change your bidding and application details up to 48 hours before your departure.
- The carrier will consider your seat upgrade offer invalid if you split the reservation record.
- You will be issued an Electronic Miscellaneous Document (EMD) upon successful bid seat upgrade.
- You will be assigned the seats automatically after the succession of your bid by the airline. However, you are allowed to change seats.
- Under the Japan Airlines seat upgrade policy extra services like lounge access and priority baggage will be subject to the upgraded booking class.
You can upgrade your seat to a higher cabin on the departure day of your international flight. The carrier will show the available seats for upgrade on the website and the mobile app from 3 hours until 20 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Your request for the seat upgrade can be confirmed immediately or you might be added to the upgrade waitlist.
In case you are on the waitlist and a seat becomes available, then you will be called to a service counter at the airport. So, be present there at least 20 minutes before your flight’s departure time.
The JAL International Upgrade Awards allows you to redeem your miles to fly and pay them instead of money as Japan Airlines fees for seat upgrades. But, make sure you have the required number of miles in your account for the seat upgrade. Follow the given steps if you want to upgrade your seat in this manner.
- Log into your Jal Mileage Bank account on the website or the app with your credentials.
- On your account screen, there will be a “Popular Awards” section under “Redeem Your Miles.”
- Click on it and from there select the “International Upgrade Awards” option.
- Complete your reservation by clicking on the “Pay With Miles” button.
- Your miles will be automatically deducted once your seat upgrade request is confirmed.