Unlock a new level of paradise with Hawaiian Airlines seat upgrade. Trade your seat for a world of comfort and luxury and your every moment on board will become a part of an adventure. From takeoff to touchdown, relax in extra space, savor gourmet meals, and unwind with attentive service.
Ways To Upgrade Your Seat On Hawaiian Airlines
You can enjoy sitting on an upgraded seat for the journey in different ways. Choose from any of the options mentioned below and fly at your convenience.
Bid Up For Seat Upgrade
The airline permits you to make an offer for a seat upgrade in the higher class from your originally booked one. Below are the steps you can follow in this method.
- You can directly visit the page BID UP to check the eligibility of your flight.
- After landing on this page, you must enter your confirmation code and last name in the specified boxes.
- Click on the “Check Eligibility” button and retrieve your flight information.
- Select the flight segment for the seat upgrade if it is eligible.
- Next, you have to submit an offer to the carrier by adding the amount you are willing to pay for the upgrade.
- Add your payment details so that the carrier can instantly deduct the amount once your offer is accepted.
- Click on the “Save and Continue” button and then review your offer.
- Soon you will receive an email from the airline regarding whether your bid is accepted or not for the seat upgrade.
Bid Up Terms And Conditions
Before you place an offer to upgrade your seat, you should be aware of some key terms that affect the bidding process.
- You are allowed to place an offer only for flights, dates, and destinations operated by this specific air carrier.
- Your offer amount is separate from your original ticket purchase and is added to it during the offer submission.
- The total amount you have to pay will include pre-payable taxes and fees. It will be displayed before you submit the offer.
- You can pay via a credit card for the offer mostly. In case you have a debit card and require a PIN, then it will not be accepted.
- The decision to accept your seat upgrade on Hawaiian Airlines’ offer is solely dependent on the airline.
- The assessment of your offer can be done at any time from the period you place an offer up until 48 hours before the departure of your flight.
- You will be notified about your offer’s outcome at least 24 hours prior to the flight’s departure.
Seat Upgrade Purchase
You can buy a seat upgrade for the Business or First class cabin on your existing reservation with the carrier. This process can be completed by contacting Hawaiian Airlines Reservations.
Dial the number 1-800-367-5320 on your mobile device. Listen to the prompts and click on the key to connect with one of the representatives. Provide your travel details to the agent and inquire about the seat upgrade availability in your preferred cabin.
The agent will tell you about the available seats and ask you to pay the fare difference amount. Once your payment is confirmed, you will shortly receive an email including a ticket for your upgraded and preferred seat class.
HawaiianMiles Seat Upgrade
You can redeem your miles and get a seat upgrade on the aircraft of the carrier hassle-free. But you need to complete this process no later than 26 hours prior to your flight’s departure.
There are two types of mileage seat upgrades offered to HawaiianMiles members.
- First/Business Saver which is the lowest mileage award.
- First/Business Flex which is twice the miles of the Saver award. It is only given when the Saver award is not available on your flight.
Your Pualani Elite status (Platinum/Gold) gives you a discount on seat upgrades. To check the exact discount, you can log in to your account and see the miles required. The First/Business Saver seat upgrade can be bought between 7,500 to 45,000 Hawaiian Miles. And you need to pay around 15,000 to 90,000 Hawaiian Miles for the First/Business Flex seat upgrade. You will also get this discounted award for seat upgrades if you hold a Hawaiian Airlines MasterCard.
You can contact 1-877-HA-MILES (1-877-426-4537) and talk to a representative at the HawaiianMiles Service Center. They will assist you in the process of seat upgrade with your acquired miles.
Departure Day Seat Upgrades
You can upgrade your seats even on the departure date of your flight on the basis of seat availability. For this upgrade, make sure you reach the airport well ahead in advance.
Purchase your seat upgrade to First/Business class via the guest services of this air carrier at the airport.
Charges For Seat Upgrade On The Day Of Departure
If you wish to buy a seat upgrade on the day when your flight departs, you have to pay an amount based on the cabin choice. The Hawaiian Airlines fees for seat upgrades also depend on the route of your flight and on your Pualani Elite status.
Hawaii and Neighbor Islands: You can get a seat upgrade for around $50 if you are traveling within Hawaii or to its neighboring Islands. For only $25, a seat upgrade can be bought if you are a Pualani Gold member. And Pualani Platinum membership benefits you with a complimentary seat upgrade to First class at the time of check-in.
North America: The seat upgrade price ranges between $399 to $1,049 for your travel all around North America. For Pualani Gold members, seat upgrades start from $319 to $939. Platinum members of Pualani status can buy upgrades for their seats from $269 to $869.
International: If you are flying internationally with this airline, then the amount you have to pay for the seat upgrade can be different. It will vary according to your departure and arrival locations as well as your membership status. The price range can be anywhere between $429 to $900. You can check out this page First/Business class upgrade price for accurate charges you need to pay for the seat upgrade.
Can I place a seat upgrade offer for multiple people on Hawaiian Airlines?
You are entitled to make an offer for a seat upgrade even if you are traveling with multiple passengers. But you need to place the offer for every member involved in your booking. The amount will be applied per passenger and it will be multiplied by the number of passengers included when you submit the offer.
Is seat upgrade purchase available on the Hawaiian Airlines website?
Unfortunately, the online portal of this carrier is currently not allowing seat upgrade purchases. If you wish to get a seat upgrade by paying with dollars on your already booked flight. Then, it is advised that you connect with the airline via phone call.