Unwind in lavish surroundings and relish top-notch amenities with Ethiopian Airlines seat upgrade. This feature is designed to make your flight journey as remarkable as your destination. Trust in this carrier’s renowned hospitality and expertise to make your travel dreams come true. Upgrade your seat and embark on a remarkable voyage with this airline.
Seat Upgrade Procedure With Ethiopian Airlines
The air carrier offers two types of procedures with which you can make a seat upgrade for your next flight. The description of both processes is mentioned below.
Bid To Upgrade Your Seat
You have the superiority of upgrading your seat to Business Class (Cloud Nine) on the aircraft of this airline. There are chances that your existing flight reservation might be eligible for an upgrade. And you can place a bid for your preferred seat for the journey.
Follow these steps to complete your bid upgrade request.
- Visit the official website of this airline at www.ethiopianairlines.com on your favorite browser.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the “Services” tab and select “Bid To Upgrade” from the add-on services.
- First, you have to enter your booking reference and last name. Then, click on the “Submit” button.
- You will be directed to a new page where your flight information will appear in the “Manage My Booking” section. Here you can check if you are eligible for a seat upgrade or not.
- Next, move the slider to the amount you are willing to pay for the seat upgrade and make an offer to the carrier. Do note that this amount will be in addition to your originally purchased ticket.
- Fill in your payment details so that the amount can be deducted automatically once your bid is accepted.
- Lastly, review the information you entered and submit your offer for the seat upgrade on Ethiopian Airlines.
There are a few specific reasons which decrease your chances to place a bid for the seat upgrade. For example:
- If you do not have a ticket or your flight reservation is not confirmed.
- Your flight is not operated by Ethiopian Airlines.
- In case you are traveling with an infant or are part of a group booking.
- The flight you are traveling on is not accepting bids at that particular time.
- If your ticket number does not have the prefix 071. It means that it is not issued on ET Stock.
Policy Regarding Bid Upgrade
You should be aware of a few terms and conditions that fall under the Ethiopian Airlines seat upgrade policy. Below are the details about them.
- You can make an offer to bid for your seat upgrade for upto 3 hours before the departure of your flight.
- The seat upgrade offer can also be made with the invite email you received at your registered address.
- In case you receive an error message while making the request, you can contact the carrier by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The seat upgrade bid can be placed at the online portal and not by contacting the customer service department of the airline.
- You can pay for the bid upgrade with a valid credit card only. And the total amount you have to pay will include airline taxes and fees.
- If your bid is successful, then you cannot transfer it or get a refund for the seat upgrade. And it is only valid for the specific flight and the travel date.
Seat Upgrade With Miles
Your membership in this carrier’s loyalty program known as ShebaMiles can easily help you with seat upgrades to Business or First Class. And you will just not only enjoy a seat upgrade but all the other amenities offered in these classes.
You can access the upgrade only if you have a minimum of 15,000 miles in your account. You can also use the upgrade award calculator to get an idea of the miles required by adding your from and to airports. The steps you can follow in this procedure are:
- After landing on the website of this airline, click on the “Login/Signup” option at the top right corner of the homepage.
- Enter your ShebaMiles number or email along with your password and hit on the Login button.
- Next, you have to select the flight on which you want to upgrade your seat.
- Once your flight itinerary opens, click on the “Book an Upgrade Award” button.
- Now, the actual number of miles including additional taxes will be displayed on your screen.
- Click on the “Confirm” button and complete your seat upgrade for the upcoming flight.
Important Information Regarding ShebaMiles
Your seat upgrade with ShebaMiles has a few points that you should keep in mind. Have a look at them below.
- You cannot upgrade your seat with miles on domestic flights operated by Ethiopian Airlines.
- Your upgrade is only valid for the flight it is issued and its validity is for 12 months from the date you make a seat upgrade.
- You can change your date for the upgrade award without any Ethiopian Airlines fees for seat upgrades depending on your tier level.
- If you are traveling with an infant on your lap. Then, you are allowed a free seat upgrade with miles.
- When you upgrade your seat to business class using miles. Then, the ShebaMiles you are going to earn will be based on your original booking class ticket.
Can I use the Ethiopian Airlines lounge after my seat upgrade?
Yes, you can surely use the airport lounges of this carrier where they are available. You just have to show your flight itinerary of the cabin to which your seat is upgraded to the staff member at the lounge. You can check out the website of your departure airport to see whether there is an Ethiopian Airlines lounge or not.
How can I find the status of my Ethiopian Airlines seat upgrade request?
The airline will send you a confirmation email that your bid for the seat upgrade has been received. It will include a link with which you can view your details. Just click on it and select the flight for which you placed the offer. And then, you will see the current status of your seat upgrade request at the top right corner of your screen.