Make your journey truly exceptional with Qantas Airways seat selection. Embark on a delightful flight, where your seat choices enhance your travel satisfaction. Discover the joy of personalized seating with Qantas Airways and enjoy a remarkable flying experience filled with comfort, style, and unparalleled service.
Qantas Airways Seat Selection Guide
Below is all guide for seat selection for Qantas Airways:
Pick A Seat On Qantas Airways
You can select your seat on flights when making your booking, or anytime before you fly. The earlier you do so, the more choices you have. Depending on the seat type you selected, a charge may apply.
Seat Selection During Booking
It is the most convenient way of selecting your seat on this air carrier. Following are the steps to choose your preferred seat.
- Firstly, head to the official website of Qantas Airways i.e. www.qantas.com on your favorite search engine.
- Choose the “Flights” tab on the homepage and specify your origin and destination airports.
- Add the travel information required for your journey like trip type, number of passengers, etc.
- Continue your search by selecting the “Search Flights” option and look through all the flight possibilities.
- You will be presented with a Qantas Airways seat map where you can select your desired seat.
- You must pay the required cost to confirm your seat selection.
- Following the confirmation of the booking process, you will receive a final quotation email and an e-ticket.
After Reservation Seat Selection
The online portal of Qantas Airways allows you to select your seat in its “Manage Booking” feature. Once the ticket has been issued, you can select seats on Qantas Airways up to three hours prior to the flight departure in this option.
Just enter your booking or voucher reference along with your last name in the given spaces. Choose the flight reservation in which you want to make a seat selection. Pay the amount and proceed by clicking on Continue to confirm the selection.
If you are a Qantas Frequent Flyer, select your seat by logging into your account. For this, you need to enter your membership number, last name, and PIN. Once you are logged in, you can easily make a seat selection by following the instructions.
Complimentary Seat Selection
This air carrier offers complimentary seat selection when you are traveling:
- On any Qantas-operated domestic flight
- Internationally in Economy on a Saver or Flex fare
- On an international flight in First, Business, or Premium Economy Class
- Internationally as a Platinum One, Platinum, Gold, or Silver Frequent Flyers
- As a Bronze Qantas Frequent Flyer on international flights
- On an Economy Classic Flight Reward, or
- On the same booking and traveling with any of the above-mentioned passengers.
Qantas Airways Policy For Seat Selection
The below-given information applies to all seat selections under Qantas Airways’ seat selection policy.
- Prices quoted for seat selection are subject to change. They apply to all fare types for Extra Legroom seats, Preferred seats, and seats with a Bassinet.
- Standard seating prices on international flights might vary based on Qantas Frequent Flyer Status and booking channel.
- If you wish to sit next to each other but have made separate bookings. Then, you will need to request their seat independently.
- Qantas seat selection depends on availability and is non-transferable.
- Seat selection is non-refundable if Qantas Airways moves to a seat in a higher cabin class for safety, operational, or security reasons.
Charges of Qantas Seat Selection
The Seat selection fee depends on the traveling route and the fare type.
Standard Seat Selection: All domestic flights (operating in Australia) are free of cost to select. Whereas for international flights, an amount between $10 to $30 will be charged.
Preferred Seats: These seats are in the front of the Economy cabin. Domestic and regional flights have a fee from $3.5 to $10 depending on the length of the flight. Short, medium, and long-haul international flight seat selection can be made by paying $13 to $30.
Seat with Bassinet: These seats are not available on domestic and regional routes. For international Qantas seat selection, you need to pay an amount between $27 to $30.
What are the payment options for Qantas seat selection?
Seat selection can be purchased by using an Accepted Payment Card on Qantas Airways. The options are debit or credit card, PayPal, Qantas Points, etc.
Selection of seats using points can only be redeemed in one transaction, per booking, at any given time. And you also need to log in as a Qantas Frequent Flyer member at the time of seat selection for this option.
Can I change my Qantas Airways seat once I have selected it?
Yes, as long as there are seats available, you can change your seat selection as many times as you like. If you change your seat, then make sure to have your new receipt with you at all times for your flight.