In the realm of travel, a simple document known as the boarding pass becomes the gateway to extraordinary adventures. It is not just a document but a ticket to explore the world and an invitation to soar to new heights. Print Virgin Australia boarding pass and experience the phenomenal adventure.
As you hold this sleek, elegantly designed boarding pass in your hand, you are not just embarking on a flight, you are stepping into a world of unparalleled service, innovation, and style. With this airline, your journey will be as remarkable as the destination itself. Let’s dive deeper into this article and explore more information.
Overview Of Virgin Australia Boarding Pass
In the below-written article we will discuss all the details that you must know before you proceed with the boarding pass obtaining procedures;
Timing to Get Your Virgin Australia Boarding Pass
Let’s check out the below-given points to know about the timing under which the airline allows its passengers to get their boarding passes;
Online/ Mobile Boarding Pass Timing
- If you have a domestic flight to board then you can get your boarding pass within 48 hours to 45 minutes before the scheduled flight departure time.
- And, if you are going to board an international flight, then you can get your boarding pass within 4 hours to 90 minutes before your flight departs.
At the Airport Check-in Counter or Kiosk Machine
- For domestic flights, you can obtain a Virgin boarding pass within 2 hours to 45 minutes before flight time.
- For international flights, the boarding pass portal will be open from 3 hours to 1 hour before flight departure time.
Get Your Virgin Australia Boarding Pass Through Various Methods
Now if you are thinking about how to download Virgin Australia boarding pass, what methods can be used, and what are the steps? Then you would be happy to know that the airline offers various methods to get the boarding pass. And, in the below-given context, you will get a detailed step-by-step guide to getting your boarding pass by using only any of the two simple methods.
Virgin Australia Boarding Pass Print Online
The most convenient and a bit complicated method to get your flight boarding pass is the online method. With the help of this method, you can get your hands on the boarding pass from the comfort of your home, but if you lack the knowledge and steps to complete the procedure then it may get a bit complicated. But no worries, just follow the below-given steps and get your boarding pass easily.
- Booking Confirmation: Make sure you have your booking confirmation handy. This will include your booking reference or ticket number, along with your personal details.
- Visit the Virgin Australia Website: Open a web browser and go to the official website of this airline. Make sure you have a stable internet connection or else you may face some unpleasant situations and outcomes.
- Log In or Register: If you have an existing Virgin Australia frequent flyer account, log in using your credentials. If not, you may need to register for an account. Doing so will help you to proceed further.
- Access the Booking: Once you are logged in or registered, access your booking by entering your booking reference or ticket number and your last name. You can easily find this information in your booking confirmation mail.
- Select Your Flight: Find the flight for which you want to obtain the boarding pass and click on it.
- Check-In: Follow the instructions to check in for your flight. You may need to confirm your personal details, select your seats, and provide any required travel information.
- Review and Confirm: Double-check all the information you have entered and confirm your check-in.
- Download or Print Boarding Pass: After completing the check-in process, you will be given the option to download and print your boarding pass as a PDF document. You can also choose to receive it via email or have it sent as a mobile boarding pass to your smartphone if the airline offers this option.
- Save the Boarding Pass: Make sure to save the boarding pass to your device or print it out as you will need it to pass through security and board the flight.
- Arrive at the Airport: Arrive at the airport on the flight day with your boarding pass and any necessary travel documents (e.g., passport, visa). Make sure to arrive well in advance of your flight’s departure time to allow for security checks and boarding.
You may not be able to use an online boarding pass;
- If you have a connecting flight that will depart within more than 24 hours in the future.
- If you have a flight ticket balance (dues).
- If you are traveling with some items which require special checking.
- If your flight is going to be operated by some other codeshare flights.
Note: If your flight is going to depart from New Zealand then you will have to use the mobile boarding pass.
Obtain Your Virgin Boarding Pass By Using Kiosk Machine
Avoid long queues at the airport check-in counter and use the kiosk machine to get your boarding pass by following the steps provided below;
- Make sure you arrive at the airport well in advance of your flight’s departure time. It is recommended to arrive at least two hours before a domestic flight and three hours before an international flight.
- Search Virgin Australia’s kiosk machines. You may find these machines in the airport’s check-in area or near the airline’s check-in counters. If you cannot get your eye on the machine, then look for signs indicating self-service kiosks.
- Approach the kiosk machine and follow the on-screen instructions. You will likely be prompted to insert your credit/debit card that you used for booking as a form of identification or your booking reference (e-ticket number). You will have to do it manually if prompted.
- The kiosk machine will guide you through the check-in process. This typically includes verifying your identity, confirming your flight details, and selecting your seats if necessary.
- If you have checked baggage, you will be prompted to either drop it off at the airline’s baggage drop counter or, in some cases, weigh it and attach a baggage tag at the kiosk machine. Follow the instructions provided on the screen.
- Once you have completed the check-in process, the kiosk will show the option “Virgin Australia boarding pass print”. Just tap on it and you will get your pass.
- Check your boarding pass for accuracy. Ensure that your name, flight details, seat assignment, and departure gate are correct.
- After obtaining your boarding pass, proceed to the security checkpoint with your boarding pass and other required travel documents for instance your passport and visa.
- Then, be at the departure gate well before the scheduled boarding time indicated on your boarding pass.
Note: At Level 4 of the International Terminal at Brisbane Airport, you can use the international self check-in kiosk machine to get the boarding pass.
Is there any other way to get my Virgin Australia boarding pass?
Yes, apart from online, kiosk, and airport boarding pass methods, you can also receive your boarding pass by linking your Velocity account to the Amazon Alexa app. Along with that, you will have to include the velocity number in the booking. Then you can command Alexa to ask the airline to check you in. Once you are checked in successfully, you will be able to get your boarding pass.
Can I get my Virgin Australia Boarding Pass online, if I need special assistance?
Yes, you can get your Virgin Australia boarding pass online if you need wheelchair assistance. However, you will need to book your wheelchair assistance through the airline’s Special Assistance service in advance. You can do this by calling the Special Assistance Contact Centre or by submitting an online request form.