Getting a boarding pass can be a bit difficult but not with Qatar Airways. This airline offers various services to lessen the burden on its passengers. One of the most convenient services of this airline is various ways to get your boarding pass.
Even if you are not aware of the steps to download the Qatar Airways boarding pass print, still you can complete the procedure. This article will provide you with all the details that you need for a seamless completion of getting a boarding pass process.
When Can I Get My Hands On My Qatar Boarding Pass?
The timings to get boarding passes via different modes are given below;
Online: If you are planning to get your boarding pass online through the website or mobile app then check out the timing to get your hands on your pass seamlessly;
- If you are changing your flight from the U.S. then the boarding pass portal opens 24 hours prior to departure.
- Not just that, if you are planning to fly to the U.S. from Doha still you can get the pass 24 hours before your flight departure time.
- For all the other flights, you can apply online to get your boarding pass within 48 hours to 90 minutes before the flight departure time.
Airport: Reach the airport at least 2 hours before for domestic flights and 3 hours before for international flights. Then wait in the queue in front of the check-in counter for 10 to 30 minutes to get your boarding pass. The counter to obtain the boarding passes closes 1 hour prior to the departure time.
Note: Be at the boarding gate at least 20 to 25 minutes before the flight departure time. The boarding gate will be closed 10 minutes prior to the flight time.
Various Methods To Download Boarding Pass
To board a flight, the most important document that you need is the boarding pass. You may often think about How to Download Qatar Airways Boarding Pass. But not anymore. In the below-given context, you will find the top 3 ways through which you can get your hands on your boarding pass.
1. Online Boarding pass
To receive an online boarding pass. Open your web browser and go to the official Qatar Airways website according to your country or region and follow the steps written below;
- Log In or Retrieve Booking: If you have already made a booking, log in to your Qatar Airways account. If you don’t have an account, you may need to retrieve your booking by entering your booking reference (PNR) and last name in the “Manage Booking” section.
- Access Your Booking: After logging in or retrieving your booking, you will be able to access your flight details and itinerary.
- Online Check-In: Look for the online check-in option. This is usually available within 24 hours of your flight departure time.
- Enter Passenger Information: Provide the necessary passenger information, such as passport details, and any other required details for check-in.
- Seat Selection: Choose your preferred seat (if available) from the available seating options.
- Confirmation and Boarding Pass: After completing the online check-in process, you will receive a confirmation email or be directed to a page where you can download and print your boarding pass. The boarding pass will contain all the necessary details for your flight, including your name, flight number, departure time, seat assignment, and gate information.
- Download or Print: Click on the option to download and save the boarding pass as a PDF file. If you have access to a printer, it’s a good idea to print a physical copy to present at the airport.
2. Boarding pass print online Via Mobile App
If you want to use a mobile app for a Qatar boarding pass then download the official Qatar Airways mobile app from the App Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play Store (for Android devices). Once you do that, follow the below-given steps to proceed further;
- Open the app and log in to your Qatar Airways account. If you don’t have an account, create one or retrieve your booking by entering your booking reference (PNR) and last name.
- Once logged in or after retrieving your booking, you’ll see your upcoming flight details.
- Look for the “Check-in” or “Mobile Check-In” option within the app. It’s usually available within 24 hours of your flight departure time.
- Provide the required passenger information, such as passport details and any other necessary information.
- If available, select your preferred seat from the options provided.
- After completing the mobile check-in process, you’ll receive a confirmation with your digital boarding pass.
- Go to the “Boarding Pass” section in the app and download the boarding pass to your mobile device.
- Save the boarding pass as an image or PDF on your phone for easy access. You will need to display it at the airport.
Airports that allow Mobile Boarding Pass
All the domestic and international airports that allow mobile boarding passes are given below;
- Africa: Durban
- Europe: Amsterdam, Athens, Barcelona, Belgrade, Berlin, Birmingham, Brussels, Bucharest, Budapest, Cardiff, Copenhagen, Dublin, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Geneva, Helsinki, Kyiv, Larnaca, London, London Gatwick, Madrid, Malaga, Manchester, Milan, Munich, Mykonos, Nice, Oslo, Paris, Pisa, Prague, Rome, Skopje, Sofia, Stockholm, Tbilisi, Thessaloniki, Venice, Vienna, Warsaw, Yerevan, Zagreb, and Zurich
- Asia and the Pacific: Adelaide, Auckland, Canberra, Chiang Mai, Melbourne, Perth, Phnom Penh, Phuket, Seoul, Sydney, and Tokyo.
Note: If you are traveling from Doha and going through passport control then you are required to have a printed boarding pass. However, you will not need it to use the e-gate.
3. Airport Counter Boarding Pass
Reach the airport and go to the Qatar check-in counter. Then talk to the agent available at the counter. Provide them with your flight details. Select your seat (if applicable). Get your baggage tags (if any). Then make the necessary payment if you are asked for it and ask the agent to print Qatar Airways boarding pass. After the successful completion, the assigned agent will hand over the boarding pass.
Qatar Airways Boarding Priority
Qatar gives some extra flight boarding privileges to its passengers based on their tickets and status with the airline. Check out the boarding priority bifurcations given below;
- Traveling in First or Business Class: If you have bought First or Business Class tickets then you will automatically be given priority boarding. Which simply means that you will board the flight before anyone else.
- Oneworld Emerald or Sapphire members: If you are a member of the Oneworld frequent flyer program and have reached Emerald or Sapphire status, you are also eligible for priority boarding. You will be able to board after first and business class passengers.
- Privilege Club Gold or Platinum members: Similarly to Oneworld Emerald or Sapphire members, if you are a member of the Qatar Airways Privilege Club program and have reached Gold or Platinum status, you will also be eligible for priority boarding.
- Passengers with disabilities or reduced mobility: If you or any of your traveling partner has disabilities or reduced mobility will be given priority boarding before or after the privileged class, so that they can board the aircraft and get settled.
- Passengers with infants: If you are traveling with infants then you will be given priority boarding so that you and your infant can get settled in and seat comfortably.
- Traveling in Economy Class: In case, you have an economy class ticket then you will board the flight at the end, which means after all the other prioritized passengers.
Note: The air carrier may also offer priority boarding to other passengers on a case-by-case basis. For example, passengers who are flying on an urgent business trip or who have a medical condition that requires them to board early may be given priority boarding. To find out if you are eligible for priority boarding, you can check with Qatar Airways’ customer service department.
Got My Qatar boarding pass online, but no electronic bag tag option. Why?
This situation can occur due to many reasons. Some of the general reasons are your designated airport does not support any BAGTAG devices. Your other flight segment is not operated by Qatar Airways. In a situation like this, it is advisable to go to the airport to complete the procedure or call the airline for further guidance.
Can I select my preferred seat on the Qatar Boarding pass online?
Yes, this airline’s flights allow its passengers to select their preferred seats during the online boarding pass receiving process. However, seat availability may be subject to the airline’s policies and the fare class you have booked.