As the golden sun dips below the azure horizon, casting a warm embrace over the bustling terminals of Ninoy Aquino International Airport, an elegant piece of paper takes center stage, holding within its fibers the promise of adventure, culture, and exploration. The Philippine Airlines boarding pass print, a passport to the skies, is not just a mere document; it is a key to unlocking the treasures of the Philippines and beyond.
With its pristine design, it whispers tales of distant islands, lush jungles, and vibrant cities, inviting travelers to embark on a journey that transcends boundaries and captivates the soul. Join us as we delve into the world of the Philippine Airlines boarding pass, where dreams take flight and memories are etched in the tapestry of travel.
Overview of Philippine Airlines Boarding Pass
Before we proceed further to know the answer to How to Download Philippine Airlines Boarding Pass? There are a few important information that you must know;
- Your boarding pass is not transferable.
- You must present your boarding pass and valid government-issued photo ID at the check-in counter or boarding gate.
- You must arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight departure time.
- The boarding pass is only valid for the flight and date specified on it.
- Philippine Airlines reserves the right to deny boarding to any passenger who does not meet the requirements of the boarding pass.
Timing To Obtain Philippine Boarding Pass
You can get your boarding pass through various ways within some specific times. The details can be checked below;
For Online Boarding Pass
- If you are going to get your boarding pass online for an international flight then the online check-in portal will be open for 24 hours to 1 hour 15 minutes before the flight departure time.
- If you are going to fly on a domestic flight and want to get your boarding pass online, then you can apply for it within 24 hours to 1 hour before the scheduled flight departure time.
For Airport Counter Boarding Pass
To get your boarding pass at the airport check-in counter you will have to reach the airport at least 2 to 3 hours before the flight departure time.
- The check-in counter will close 45 minutes prior to the domestic flight departure time.
- For international flights, the counter will close 1 hour before the flight departs.
- For the flight from Quanzhou, the counter will close 45 minutes before the scheduled flight departure time.
Different Procedures to Get a Philippine Boarding Pass
Check out the different methods below and select the option that suits you the best;
Philippine Airlines Boarding Pass Print Online
Getting a Philippine Airlines boarding pass online is a convenient and time-saving process. Here are the steps to obtain your boarding pass online:
- Booking Confirmation: Make sure you have your booking reference or ticket number handy, as you will need this information to access your booking online.
- Visit the Philippine Airlines Website: Open your web browser and go to the official Philippine Airlines website (www.philippineairlines.com).
- Log In or Retrieve Your Booking: If you have an account with Philippine Airlines, log in with your username and password. If you don’t have an account, look for the “Manage Booking” or “Check-in” option on the website’s homepage. Enter your booking reference or ticket number, along with your last name, and click “Continue” or “Retrieve Booking.”
- Select Your Flight: Once you’ve accessed your booking, you should see your flight details. Choose the flight for which you want to check-in and obtain a boarding pass.
- Online Check-In: Follow the prompts to complete the online check-in process. This typically includes confirming your personal information, seat selection (if available), and providing any necessary travel documents (e.g., passport information).
- Review and Confirm: Carefully review the information you’ve entered to ensure accuracy. Verify your seat assignment and any additional services you may have selected.
- Download or Print Your Boarding Pass: After confirming your details, you’ll be given the option to download and print your boarding pass as a PDF document. Alternatively, you can choose to receive a mobile boarding pass if you have the airline’s mobile app.
- Save a Digital Copy: If you opt for a digital or mobile boarding pass, make sure to save it on your smartphone or mobile device. Ensure that the QR code or barcode is clear and easily scannable.
- Arrive Early: On the day of your flight, arrive at the airport well in advance, typically 2-3 hours before your departure time. Head to the designated check-in counters or proceed directly to security and immigration if you have only hand luggage and a digital boarding pass.
- Security and Boarding: Present your boarding pass (either printed or digital) along with your valid identification (usually a passport) at security and the boarding gate.
Restrictions on Online Boarding Pass
There are some passengers’ category who are not allowed to use online boarding pass;
- Passengers with a confirmed booking but have not yet paid the full amount.
- Passengers who require medical/special assistance.
- Unaccompanied minors.
- Passengers with an outstanding payment or refund to settle.
- Passengers holding a group booking of more than 15 passengers.
- Passengers traveling from the following cities: Jinjiang, Xiamen, and Chengdu (China), Tagbilaran to Incheon.
Apart from that, passengers with any of the following special assistance/special requests:
- Request for Extra Seat.
- Stretcher Request.
- Bulky Cabin Baggage Request.
- Deportee accompanied by an escort.
- Unaccompanied Deportee.
Airport Boarding Pass Obtaining Procedure
To get a Philippine Airlines boarding pass at the airport check-in counter, follow these steps:
- Arrive Early: Make sure to arrive at the airport well in advance of your flight’s departure time. Airlines typically recommend arriving at least 3 hours before a domestic flight and 4 hours before an international flight.
- Check the Airport Terminal: Confirm the terminal and check-in counter for your Philippine Airlines flight. You can usually find this information on your flight ticket or by checking the airline’s website or app.
- Join the Queue: Head to the Philippine Airlines check-in area at the airport. Look for the signs indicating the check-in counters or ask airport staff for directions if needed.
- Present Required Documents: Approach the check-in counter and have your travel documents ready. Typically, you’ll need your passport or government-issued ID, flight reservation or ticket, and any relevant visas if traveling internationally.
- Provide Booking Information: Hand over your travel documents to the airline agent behind the counter. They will ask for your booking reference number or ticket details to retrieve your flight information.
- Verify Baggage: If you have checked baggage, the airline agent will weigh your bags, check for any oversized or overweight luggage, and provide you with baggage tags. Make sure to adhere to baggage weight limits and guidelines.
- Receive Your Boarding Pass: After confirming your identity and completing the check-in process, the airline agent will Print Philippine Airlines boarding pass. They will also inform you of important flight details, such as gate information, departure time, and boarding procedures.
- Security Check: Once you have your boarding pass, proceed to the security checkpoint. Be prepared to show your boarding pass and identification to security personnel.
- Head to the Gate: After passing through security, follow the signs to your departure gate. Ensure you arrive at the gate well before the boarding time indicated on your boarding pass.
- Board the Aircraft: When it’s time to board, follow the announcements and instructions from airline staff. Have your boarding pass and ID ready to present as you board the aircraft.
Note: After receiving your boarding pass and completing all the formalities, it is advisable to reach the boarding gate 15 minutes prior to the flight departure time and if you are going to fly from Caticlan (MPH) Airport then try to reach 30 minutes before the flight time.