Planning your next trip to your favorite destination. Then pack your bag and print KLM Airlines boarding pass to fly in the realm of adventure. The moment you clasp your KLM Airlines Boarding Pass, whether in its printed form or displayed on your smartphone screen, you hold more than just a document, you grasp the promise of exploration, discovery, and unforgettable memories. Over the following paragraphs, we will delve deeper into the profound significance of this unassuming yet pivotal part of your journey.
Details About KLM Airlines Boarding Pass
In the content below, you will get all the details about the boarding pass obtaining timing and procedures;
Boarding Pass Timing
You cannot board your flight without your boarding pass. And to get your boarding pass, you will have to obey the time instructions applied by the airline.
Online and Mobile App
You can receive your boarding pass within 30 hours to 1 hour before the flight departure time. However, some exceptions are there;
- If you are flying to/from the United States then the online boarding pass portal will be open from 24 hours to 1 hour before the flight departure time.
- For the flights from Ethiopia, Kenya, or Sudan, the timing will be between 30 hours to 90 minutes prior to the flight departure time.
Airport Counter and Kiosk Machine
For the airport boarding pass (counter and kiosk machine), you will have to complete the proceedings within 2-3 hours to 45 minutes before the flight departure time. However, this method also has some exceptions;
The counter closing timings are mentioned in the table below;
|Flights/Airports||Counter Closing Time Before Flight Departure|
|All European flights||40 minutes|
|All Intercontinental flights||60 minutes|
|Bonaire and Guayaquil||70 minutes|
|Accra and Paramaribo||120 minutes|
Ways to Get a KLM Boarding Pass
This airline offers various ways to obtain a flight boarding pass. Let’s check out the details and steps below;
- Online Boarding Pass
- Mobile Boarding Pass
- Kiosk Boarding Pass
- Counter Boarding Pass
KLM Airlines Boarding Pass Print Online
Receiving your KLM boarding pass online is a convenient way to streamline your travel experience.
The steps you must follow are;
1. Go to the KLM website and click on the “Check-in” tab.
2. Enter your booking code and flight number.
3. Click on the “Check-in” button.
4. You will be asked to provide your personal information.
5. You can choose how you would like to receive your boarding pass.
- My Trip
- Social media (you can send messages to the airline privately via Messenger or WhatsApp)
6. If you choose to receive your boarding pass in My Trip, you will need to create a My Trip account.
7. If you choose to receive your boarding pass by e-mail, you will need to enter your e-mail address.
8. If you choose to receive your boarding pass via social media, you will need to select the social media platform you want to use.
9. Once you have chosen how you would like to receive your boarding pass, click on the “Submit” button.
10. Your boarding pass will be sent to you shortly.
Restricts to Get Online Boarding Pass
The airline will not allow you to get your boarding pass online, If;
- You are a 15 year old unaccompanied minor.
- You need some special assistance.
- If your airport does not provide an online boarding pass.
Mobile Boarding Pass
Wondering how to download KLM Airlines boarding pass by using the KLM mobile app? Then;
- Go to your device’s app store (Google Play Store for Android or the Apple App Store for iOS).
- Once the app is installed, open it.
- Then, log in to your account or sign up for a new account.
- After logging in, you will be prompted to enter your booking information. This generally includes your booking reference or ticket number and your last name.
- Once you have entered your booking details, the app should retrieve your booking information. Verify that the details are correct.
- If you have not already checked in for your flight, the app will give you the option to do so. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the check-in process.
- During the check-in process, you may be given the option to choose your seat. If available, select your preferred seat.
- After completing the check-in process, the app will generate a digital boarding pass for your flight.
- You can save the boarding pass to the app’s wallet or save it as a digital image on your device.
- Double-check your boarding pass for accuracy, including the flight details, departure gate, and boarding time.
- You can either download and save the pass to your phone or you can opt for the print option as well.
Kiosk Boarding Pass
If you want to get a print of your boarding pass or if the online boarding pass option is not available for you then you can get the pass at the airport through the self check-in kiosk machine;
The steps to use the machine are very simple. But for more clearance, you can check out the points written below;
- Find a KLM self-service kiosk at the airport.
- Tap the screen to start the check-in process (if you already haven’t).
- Choose your preferred language for the on-screen instructions.
- Then, to proceed further, enter the required information, which usually includes your booking reference (also known as the PNR or confirmation code) and your last name. You can easily find these data on your ticket.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to confirm your flight details, such as your departure city, destination, and flight time.
- If available, you can select your seat from the available options. Some kiosks allow you to view a seat map and choose your preferred seat.
- Review the passenger information for accuracy. If everything is correct, proceed. If there are errors, you may have the option to edit the details.
- If you have checked baggage, the kiosk will ask you to confirm the number of bags and any associated fees. Make sure to pay any necessary baggage fees if required.
- Once you have confirmed all the details, the kiosk will generate your boarding pass. You can usually choose “KLM Airlines boarding pass print” or send it to your mobile device as a digital boarding pass (if available).
- If you have paid for checked baggage or other services, the kiosk may provide receipts and baggage tags for you to attach to your luggage.
- Once you complete the procedure, with your boarding pass in hand (either printed or digital), you will be required to head to the airport security checkpoint to begin the security screening process.
Note: Ensure you have your passport, any required visas, and any other necessary travel documents with you for the security and immigration checks.
Counter Boarding Pass
If you have any flight ticket dues to clear, then you cannot use the website, mobile app, or kiosk methods to get your boarding pass. In a situation like this, the only option that you have is the airport check-in counter.
The steps to get your pass at the counter are;
- Arrive early at the airport.
- Look for signs or ask the airport staff to help you find the KLM check-in counter.
- Then, join the queue at the KLM check-in counter. There may be separate lines for different classes of passengers or for those with special needs.
- Prepare your travel documents, including your passport, visa (if required), and reservation details. You’ll need these to check-in.
- Approach the check-in counter agent and provide your reservation information or ticket. They will ask for your name and booking reference.
- Confirm your personal details, including your full name, passport information, and flight details with the agent. Ensure all information is accurate.
- If you have checked baggage, the agent will weigh it, attach a baggage tag, and send it to be loaded onto the aircraft. Be prepared to pay any applicable baggage fees.
- Once your check-in is complete, the agent will print your boarding pass. They may also provide information about your departure gate and other flight details.
- After obtaining your boarding pass, proceed to the security checkpoint with your carry-on items.