Fill your heart with wonder and excitement by keeping your Ethiopian Airlines boarding pass print ready for the flight. The air carrier invites you to set on an extraordinary odyssey of discovery and adventure to your next destination. Rely on it to elevate your travel experience and create cherished memories along the way.
Overview About Ethiopian Boarding Pass
Get essential insights about obtaining a boarding pass for your flight, especially if you’re a first-time flyer. Explore this article for a quick guide.
Get an Ethiopian Airlines Boarding Pass
There are various ways in which you can obtain your boarding with this airline. Check them out below and gain every piece of information related to it.
Boarding Pass Via Website
You can easily collect your boarding pass through the online portal of the carrier when its web check-in is available. It usually begins from 72 hours until 2 hours prior to the departure of your flight.
But first, you need to check whether your flight is eligible or not. Follow the steps mentioned below to start this process.
- Land on the official website of the carrier by opening your search engine and typing www.ethiopianairlines.com.
- Select the “Check-in” tab at the top right corner of the homepage.
- Now, you can enter your booking reference, ticket number, or flight number along with your last name in the specified boxes.
- Next, click on the check-in button, and your flight itinerary will appear on a new page.
- Your bookings’ eligibility for web check-in will be determined by the system.
- If it is, you can follow the prompts and fill in any necessary details required.
- Lastly, click on the “Continue” button to complete your check-in process.
- Your Ethiopian Airlines boarding pass print online will be displayed on the screen.
- If you have a solid internet connection, you can download the boarding pass and keep the soft copy on your smartphone.
Boarding Pass Through The Kiosk Machine
Getting your boarding pass through the self-service kiosk is a hassle-free procedure. You can look at the points given below if you plan to receive your boarding pass in this way.
- At the terminal of this airline, find the self-service kiosk and select the Ethiopian Airline tab.
- You will get the option to choose from English or French as your preferred language.
- Choose the one that suits you the best and proceed further.
- Now, you can find your booking by selecting from any of the three ways i.e. by destination, flight number, or reservation code.
- In the next step, you have to confirm that you are not carrying any hazardous materials in your baggage.
- Click on the “Check-In” button and fill in your personal details. You can also choose a seat from the interactive seat map in this step.
- Tap on the “Issue Boarding Pass” button. And the kiosk machine will print your boarding pass in no time.
Note: Make sure that the boarding pass you received via the dispensing slot of the kiosk has a 2D barcode on it.
Boarding Pass At The Airport
It is advised that you wish to collect your boarding pass at the check-in counter of this carrier. Then, you should arrive at the airport earlier than usual. The airline opens its check-in counters around 3 hours before the flights’ departure.
Once you have arrived at the airport, head straight to this carrier’s check-in counter. Reach out to the present agent and provide them with your flight details, passport, and any other documents required for travel.
The representative will vary your information and will also check you in for the flight. After it, they will give you an Ethiopian Airlines boarding pass print. You can now easily go to the reserved area and wait for the boarding process to begin.
Timings For Boarding
The air carrier has different timelines that are dependent on various factors. Go through them once for your own convenience.
You must be present at the boarding gate 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of your flight if you don’t have any checked luggage.
In case you have baggage to drop off, then you should arrive at the check-in counter at specific times. Because the Ethiopian Airlines boarding time varies according to your destination.
- 4 hours before the departure if you have a flight to and from the USA.
- At least 1 hour or 30 minutes before the scheduled departure if you are flying from ADD airport.
- Around 45 minutes prior to your flight departs if you are traveling domestically and have completed web-check in.
The airline offers a priority boarding service that you can purchase while booking your flight ticket. You can also add it to your already-bought ticket at its website.
Apart from priority boarding, you can also get benefitted from priority check-in and priority baggage tags. There are a few terms and conditions that fall under this service.
- You can only buy this service if you are departing from Bole Addis Ababa International Airport.
- Priority boarding is available for Ethiopian Airlines-operated flights and not for any flights operated by partner airlines.
- If there are any changes in your flight by the airline, your priority pass will be transferred to the new flight. And if it cancels your flight, then you will receive a refund for the priority boarding purchase.
- A payment document starting with the prefix 071 will be given to you if you buy this service. You just have to show this document at the check-in counter to enjoy its benefits.
- The priority boarding offer can be changed or terminated by the carrier at any time without prior notice.
Does Ethiopian offer an online boarding pass with excess baggage?
You can surely receive an online boarding pass from the carrier when you do the web check-in even with extra baggage. But, you need to pay a specific amount for the applicable extra baggage fees. For more specific information, it is recommended that you contact the nearest Ethiopian Airlines office.
Is priority boarding free for ShebaMiles members on Ethiopian Airlines?
Your ShebaMiles status tier determines if you can access the priority boarding service for free or not. If you are a Gold or Platinum member, then you can enjoy all the benefits of this service without paying any charges.
In case you are a Silver member, then the only free feature you can avail of this service is priority baggage handling. Although you can pay for this service and also get priority check-in and boarding.