Planning to board a flight but don’t know how to print Copa Airlines boarding pass? No worries. This article will guide you to obtain your boarding pass without waiting in a long queue and without getting stuck in any problematic procedure.
Not just that, but you will also get to know whether you are eligible to receive your boarding pass easily or not.
Guide to Obtain Copa Airlines Boarding Pass
In the Below given context you will find all the details that will help you to get your Copa Boarding pass effortlessly:
Download Copa Boarding Pass
If you want to save enough time at the airport and avoid any possible chaotic situation, then opt for online or digital mode. The different ways to get your pass are given below with simple yet detailed steps.
Mobile Boarding Pass
The first way that you can use to obtain your Copa boarding pass is through the Copa mobile app. This procedure is a bit complex for the first-time user. But no worries. Even if you are trying this application for the first time, still you will be able to complete it successfully without any problems. For that, you just have to follow the below-given steps carefully;
- Download this airline’s app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the app and sign in to your account.
- Tap on the “Check-in” tab.
- Enter your reservation information, including your confirmation number and last name.
- Select the passengers you wish to check-in.
- Tap on the “Check-in” button.
- If you are traveling with checked bags, you will need to pay for your baggage fees at this time.
- If you have chosen a seat assignment, you will see it on your boarding pass.
- Tap on the “Download Boarding Pass” button to save your boarding pass to your mobile device.
Airports That Do Not Accept Mobile Boarding Passes
There are 17 airports that do not accept mobile boarding passes. The airport names are;
- Barcelona, Venezuela (BLA)
- Belize, Belize (BZE)
- Bridgetown, Barbados (BGI)
- Caracas, Venezuela (CCS)
- Georgetown, Guyana (GEO)
- Havana, Cuba (HAV)
- Holguin, Cuba (HOG)
- Maracaibo, Venezuela (MAR)
- Mexico City, Mexico (MEX)
- Managua, Nicaragua (MGA)
- Nassau, Bahamas (NAS)
- Port-au-Prince Haiti (PAP)
- Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago (POS)
- Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic (STI)
- Salta, Argentina (SLA)
- Santiago de los Caballeros, República Dominicana (STI)
- Valencia, Venezuela (VLN)
Online Boarding Pass
To apply online to get your boarding pass, you may follow the below-given steps;
- Go to the official website of Copa using a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Look for the “Online Check-in” or “Manage Booking” section on the homepage or in the main menu. Click on it to proceed.
- Provide the required information to access your reservation. This typically includes your booking reference or confirmation number and the passenger’s last name. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
- Verify the passenger details, flight information, and seat assignment. Make any necessary changes or updates if prompted. Make sure that all information is correct before proceeding.
- Click on the “Check-in” or similar button to complete the online check-in process.
- After successfully completing the check-in process, your boarding pass will be generated. It will typically be available for download or sent to your email address. Check for instructions on how to access and download your boarding pass.
- If you prefer a physical copy, then you can choose the boarding pass print online option. Alternatively, you can save it as a digital file on your mobile device for easy access during your journey.
Note: In case, you want to obtain your boarding pass through the airport kiosk machine, then you must kindly note that the kiosk facility is only available in Panama, Miami, and San Jose airports.
Restrictions to Obtain Online/Mobile Boarding Pass
Not all passengers are eligible to get their boarding pass via Online or Mobile App. To check the restricted passengers’ criteria, you may take a look at the below-given information.
- Passengers with outstanding payment due to a change of flight reservation.
- Passengers who have connecting flights with other airlines that are not either Copa Airlines or Copa Airlines Colombia.
- Adult passengers who are traveling with infants (under 2) or as Unaccompanied Minors.
- Traveling as part of a group of 10 or more passengers on the same reservation.
- Traveling with pets.
- Traveling with paper tickets.
Positions of Copa Airlines Boarding
This Airline assigns boarding positions to passengers based on their status, the type of seat they have purchased, and whether they have checked in early. Kindly take a look at the below-given position breakout to know your boarding order.
i. Group 1: The priority boarding is reserved for the following passengers.
- Elite passengers are those who have earned status with this airlines’ frequent flyer program, ConnectMiles.
- Passengers with disabilities and passengers traveling with small children
ii. Group 2: The second group that will be given boarding priority is Business Class passengers.
iii. Group 3: Next is the Main Cabin passengers with status. Those who have earned status with ConnectMiles, but do not have enough status to qualify for Group 1 will be allotted to this group.
iv. Group 4: The last group of passengers who will board the flight are Main Cabin passengers without status. All the passengers who have not earned status with ConnectMiles are selected for this group.
Get Better Boarding Positions with Copa Airlines
If you want to get a better Copa flight boarding position to get extra good seats and facilities then you can follow abid the points given below;
- Check-in early. The earlier you check-in, the sooner you will be assigned a boarding position.
- Consider purchasing a premium seat. If you purchase a premium seat, such as a seat in Business Class, then you will be assigned to a boarding group ahead of those who purchase a standard seat.
- Become a Copa Airlines elite member. Copa elite members have access to priority boarding, which allows them to board the aircraft ahead of other passengers.
- Join a frequent flyer program. Copa’ loyalty program offers priority boarding as a benefit for its members.
What are the Copa Flight Boarding Timings?
To complete the check-in and get a boarding pass print without any hassle, you must have to follow this airline’s boarding timing.
- If you are flying domestically between Colombia and Panama, then you must obtain your boarding pass at least 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time. If you are traveling with pets, as Unaccompanied Minors, or with a passenger who needs special assistance then you must receive the boarding pass before 90 minutes.
- To board an international flight, get your boarding pass 1 hour prior to the flight’s scheduled departure time. And if you are flying from Venezuela then get it at least 3 hours prior to the flight departure time.
Note: The check-in counters of Copa Airlines close 60 minutes before scheduled departure for all flights, except for the flights departing from Venezuela. If your flight departs from Caracas, then the Copa check-in counter will shut down 2 hours before the departure and 1 hour and 30 minutes before the flight departure from Valencia and Maracaibo.
Can I use my Copa boarding pass for re-entry into the airport
No, you cannot use your Copa boarding pass for re-entry into the airport. Copa boarding passes are only valid for the initial entry into the airport. If you need to leave the airport and come back, you will need to go through security again and present a valid ID and boarding pass for your connecting flight. However, if you have a Copa Club membership, you can use your Copa Club card to re-enter the airport.
Can I change my seat after obtaining a Copa Airlines boarding pass?
Yes, you can change your seat after obtaining a Copa boarding pass. You can do this online, through the official app of this airline, or by contacting the customer service line. You will need to provide your reservation code and ticket number to make the change. If you change your seat online or through the app, you will need to print a new boarding pass. If you change your seat by calling the customer service line, you will be issued a new boarding pass over the phone.