Excited about your next travel journey but nervous and thinking about how to download China Airlines boarding pass? Then stay with us and check out this article till the end to demolish your nervousness and gain confidence while proceeding with the boarding pass procedure.
In this article, you will explore all the details such as timing, various procedures, and other essential details.
Overview About China Airlines Boarding Pass
Before you proceed to get your boarding pass, you must note down some important details about this airline’s boarding pass.
- If you are flying on a Code-share flight which is operated by other airlines, then you cannot use an online boarding pass.
- If you are traveling on a group reservation, then you cannot get the online boarding pass.
- If you are flying on China Airlines or Mandarin Airlines international flights, then you can use the online boarding pass service.
- In case you have confirmed booking and electronic tickets or if you are traveling with less than 9 passengers on a single booking record then you can use the online boarding pass.
- If the airline does not allow you to use Self-Print Boarding Pass and Mobile Boarding Pass service then you cannot use the Self Baggage Drop Service.
China Boarding Pass Obtaining Timing
You may check out the timing during which you can apply to get your boarding pass using various methods;
- If you have completed your check-in online but are unable to get a self-print boarding or mobile boarding pass, then you must reach the airport and receive your boarding pass at least 1 hour before the flight departure time.
- If you want to get your boarding pass offline i.e. at the airport, then you must complete your check-in and boarding process at least 2 hours prior to the flight departure time.
- In some US airports, you will have to complete your boarding pass procedure at the airport 3 hours before the flight departs.
- For the online boarding pass procedure, you can apply within 48 hours to 60 minutes before the flight time. If you are flying from the US, then you can apply within 24 hours to 60 minutes prior to the flight time.
- You will have to reach the boarding gate at least 30 minutes before your flight takes off.
Procedure to Get a China Boarding Pass
Get your China Airlines boarding pass by following any of the below-given different ways;
China Airlines Boarding Pass Print Online
Follow the below-given 13 easy steps and get your online boarding pass from the comfort of your home.
- Open your web browser and go to the official China Airlines website. Make sure you’re on the official website to ensure the security of your personal information.
- If you already have an account on the airline’s website, log in using your credentials (username and password). If you do not have an account, you will need to create one by providing your personal details.
- The next thing that you will have to do after logging in is find the option to manage your booking or check-in. This might be labeled as “Manage Booking,” or “Check-In”.
- Then enter your booking reference number and the last name of the passenger. This information is generally available on your booking confirmation email or ticket.
- Once you have retrieved your booking, you will see the details of your flight. Select the specific flight for which you want to check in and get the boarding pass.
- Follow the prompts to start the check-in process. You might need to verify or update your personal details, such as contact information and passport details.
- Choose your seat from the available options, if applicable.
- Make sure you have your travel documents handy, such as your passport and any required visas, as you might need to enter these details during the online check-in process.
- Enter your checked baggage details and pay for them, if required. Check if the airline allows you to purchase additional baggage allowance during online check-in.
- Before finalizing your check-in, review all the information you have entered to ensure it’s accurate. This includes your personal details, flight information, seat selection, and baggage options.
- Once you have reviewed and confirmed your check-in, the website will generate your boarding pass. You can usually choose to receive the boarding pass as a printable PDF file or have it sent to your email.
- If you choose to print the boarding pass, make sure you have access to a printer. If you opt for an electronic boarding pass, save it to your smartphone or other electronic devices.
- When you arrive at the airport, make sure to have your boarding pass and all necessary travel documents with you. Follow the signs to the security checkpoint and your departure gate.
Instead of the online method, you can also use the mobile app method to get your China boarding pass. The steps that you will have to follow to complete the process are;
- Install the official mobile app of this airline from your app store.
- Log in to your account or retrieve your booking using your booking reference and last name.
- Find the option to manage your booking or check-in within the app.
- Choose your booked flight from the list of upcoming trips.
- Opt for the mobile boarding pass and confirm your choice.
- Review your personal information, flight details, and seat selection. Confirm when accurate.
- The mobile boarding pass will be generated and stored within the app.
- Make sure to save the boarding pass within the app for offline access you can also take out a China Airlines boarding pass print according to your convenience.
- Arrive at the airport with your mobile boarding pass and necessary travel documents.
- Show your mobile boarding pass at the security checkpoint and boarding gate for scanning.
Restrictions to Use Self-Print Boarding Pass and Mobile Boarding Pass
Not all passengers of this airline are eligible to use the self-print or mobile boarding pass. Let’s just take a quick look at the list given below to know the non-eligible passenger criteria;
- A passenger departing from Rome who is less than 18 years old and is traveling alone is not eligible.
- If the passenger is going to fly with this airline’s code-share partners.
- A passenger who is going to fly as an unaccompanied minor.
- If a passenger needs special assistance then he/she cannot get a digital pass.
- A passenger who is going to fly through connecting flights.
Airports that Allow Mobile Boarding Pass
Check out the list of airports where you can use the mobile boarding pass without any restrictions;
- Taoyuan (TPE)
- Sung Shan (TSA)
- Taichung (RMQ)
- Kaohsiung (KHH)
2. Northeast Asia
- Sapporo (CTS)
- Shizuoka (FSZ)
- Fukuoka (FUK)
- Seoul Gimpo (GMP)
- Hiroshima (HIJ)
- Tokyo Haneda (HND)
- Seoul Incheon (ICN)
- Osaka (KIX)
3. South Asia
- Bangkok (BKK)
- Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
- Rome (FCO)
- Frankfurt (FRA)
- London Gatwick (LGW)
- London Heathrow (LHR)
- Vienna (VIE)
Note: To know all the airports, visit the China Airlines Mobile Boarding Pass page.
If you are not sure about the online mode i.e., getting your boarding pass through the website or mobile app, then you can opt for the offline mode.
At the airport, you can use the self-service kiosk machine by following the below-given points;
- Search the Kiosk at the Airport: Find a China Airlines kiosk machine in the airport’s check-in area.
- Select Language: Choose a language you are comfortable in on the kiosk screen.
- Identify Yourself: Enter your booking reference, and e-ticket number, or scan your passport.
- Retrieve Booking: The kiosk will retrieve your booking details. Confirm your flight.
- Choose Check-In: Select the “Check-In” option on the kiosk screen.
- Review Details: Check and confirm the details you provided.
- Baggage Declaration: Enter your checked baggage details, and pay for it (if any).
- Print Boarding Pass: The kiosk will generate your boarding pass. An option will flash on your screen “Print China Airlines boarding pass”. Just tap on it.
- Collect Receipts: If applicable, collect any baggage receipts or other necessary documents.
- Proceed to Security: With your boarding pass and travel documents, head to the security checkpoint.
- Boarding Gate: After security, follow the signs to your departure gate. Present your boarding pass for scanning before boarding.
Airport Check-in Counter
If you need personal assistance to get your flight boarding pass, then you can go to the airport and find the China Airlines check-in counter. This counter can be found near the terminal and departure area.
Once you find the counter, head straight to approach the agent available at the counter to assist you. Provide your flight details, and ask for assistance to complete your check-in procedure. Once you successfully complete the process, the agent will provide you with your boarding pass. In case you have baggage along with you, then the airline will provide you with the baggage tags as well.
Note: You can also complete your check-in online and receive your boarding pass at the airport counter.
Can I select or change my seat while getting the China boarding pass?
Yes, you can select or change your seat before you get your China boarding pass. You just have to select the seat option during your check-in procedure and complete it successfully.
Why is China’s mobile boarding pass not applicable to some flights?
Because of government and airport restrictions, the airline does not allow mobile boarding passes for some routes and flights. However, this airline will offer a mobile boarding pass facility on other routes very soon. To know the details you may check the airline’s official website.
Is China’s online boarding pass open to special services?
No, currently the airline does not offer any special requirements like meal orders or wheelchairs for online check-in and boarding passes. So, if you want these services, then you will have to connect with the airline’s customer care department. Just make sure to get these services before completing the check-in and boarding pass procedure. To get wheelchair assistance make sure to tell the airline at least 48 hours before the flight departure time.