Transform your journey into an oasis of comfort and exclusivity with seat upgrade on Malaysia Airlines. Experience the epitome of luxury with this air carrier and indulge in extra space, premium amenities, and personalized service. Upgrade to a higher class and savor every moment of your flight that surpasses all expectations.
The Guide To Seat Upgrade On Malaysia Airlines
Upgrading your seat on your flight with this carrier is a hassle-free process. There are many types of seat upgrade methods offered by the airline. We are going to discuss all of them in detail in this article.
Bid Seat Upgrade
The air carrier has an exclusive program known as MHupgrade. In this, you can simply make an offer for the seat upgrade and fly comfortably. You should check your eligibility for the seat upgrade at least 72 hours prior to the departure. The steps you must follow to enjoy this seat upgrade facility are given below.
- Visit the official website of the airline by typing www.malaysiaairlines.com on your browser.
- At the header of the homepage, you will see the “Plan Trip” tab.
- Click on it and then select the “Upgrade” option under the “Booking & Services” section from the drop-down menu.
- A new page will appear on your screen where you have to select the “MHupgrade” tab.
- Next, fill in your booking reference and last name in the given fields. Then, click on the “Check My Eligibility” button.
- You will see the seat upgrade option available and you can add your payment information in the next step.
- Review your added details, confirm them, and then submit your bid for the Malaysia Airlines seat upgrade.
- You will receive an email about the success or failure of your seat upgrade from the airline within a short interval of time.
Note: The carrier might send you an email invite with which you can make a seat upgrade for the eligible flight segment.
Benefits Of MHupgrade
When your bid for the seat upgrade is successful, you can enjoy loads of benefits on your journey. Some of the premium benefits are mentioned below.
- The priority services you will be offered include check-in, boarding, and baggage claim.
- You can relax, freshen up, and unwind in the exclusive airport lounges of the carrier before the departure of your flight.
- You are allowed to carry 10 kg extra baggage with your seat upgrade bid.
- The Malaysia Airlines upgrade to Business Class seats provides you with more space and ample legroom for comfort.
- You can feast on the world-class selection of meals and drinks from their menu on board.
Last-Minute Seat Upgrade
The air carrier offers you to upgrade your seat with its last-minute upgrades feature which is available for up to 3 hours before the departure.
You just need to pay a minimal Malaysia Airlines fee for seat upgrades and enjoy the premium flight experience.
You can check out about last-minute seat upgrades at the ticketing office of the airline as well as at the check-in counters.
Terms And Conditions Related To Upgrading A Seat At Last-Minute
There are a few terms that affect your seat upgrade at the last minute. Have a look at them below.
- The services you will be offered in the upgraded seat might vary depending on the type and configuration of the aircraft.
- It is also possible that your aircraft is changed at the last minute due to operational requirements.
- You will be served only Economy Class meals if you purchase the last-minute seat upgrade.
- Your baggage allowance will remain the same as per the originally purchased seat class even after upgrading it.
Seat Upgrade With Points
The frequent flyer program of this air carrier is known as Enrich which lets one score points while flying with them. So, if you are a member of the program, you can use the Enrich miles or points and upgrade your seat without paying any money.
You can log in to your account on the official website of the carrier and upgrade your seat up to 6 hours prior to the domestic flight’s scheduled departure.
If there are less than 6 hours left to your flight and you want to make a seat upgrade, then you can do so by calling the airline at 1-300-88-3000 (domestic) or 6-03-5562 6330 (overseas).
Things To Consider Before Upgrading Your Seat
You should be aware of some common things that are considered in the Malaysia Airlines seat upgrade policy.
- The seat upgrade prices with MHupgrade vary significantly depending on your route type, cabin class, and the time of bidding. So, carefully assess your budget and choose the upgrade option that aligns with your financial constraints.
- As seat upgrades are subject to their availability in the desired cabin class, it’s crucial to check for seat upgrade options well in advance.
- Always check the eligibility requirements before attempting to upgrade your seat because not all flights or fares can be upgraded.
1. Can I transfer my upgraded seat to another passenger on Malaysia Airlines?
Once your seat upgrade bid is accepted, only you are allowed to travel in the next higher cabin class. The seat upgrade is considered to be strictly non-transferable by the airline. You can contact the call center of the carrier to gain more information regarding the transfer of upgraded seats.
2. Is a seat upgrade with points possible if I am traveling with a child on Malaysia Airlines?
Upgrading your as well as your child’s seat with Enrich Miles is possible with this carrier. But, there are no child miles discounts offered. This is if you are traveling with 2 to 12-year-old children. Whereas an infant up to 23 months will be offered a complimentary upgrade with your confirmed seat upgrade upon redemption of points or miles.