Go on a journey like none before and soar above the clouds excitingly with the Aer Lingus seat upgrade. Whether you are crossing continents or jetting off for a quick escape, the seating options will cater to your every need. Because they are exclusively designed to provide you with the utmost convenience and relaxation. Treat yourself to an extraordinary and enchanting trip with this carrier.
Methods Of Seat Upgrade On Aer Lingus
Upgrading your seat is a hassle-free process with this airline. Let us dive into the procedures of seat upgrades offered by it.
Make An Offer For A Seat Upgrade
The air carrier gives you the advantage of placing a bid to upgrade your seat for the flight. You will get an invite via email for making an offer if you are flying between Ireland, the United States, or Canada.
The email could be sent shortly after you have booked your flight or around 14 days before departure. The steps to follow in this process are given below.
- Click on the “Upgrade Yourself” link given in your email and land on the official website of the carrier i.e. www.aerlingus.com.
- Enter the booking reference along with your last name and choose the flight sector you wish to upgrade.
- Now, you can move the slider to indicate the amount and make an offer.
- Fill in the payment information boxes to proceed further with your bid.
- Verify your details on the screen and click on the “Submit” button.
- Once your offer is approved, the airline will send you a confirmation email including the upgraded seat details.
Note: You can also use the received email to change or cancel your offer. And your card will only be charged as Aer Lingus fees for seat upgrades if your bid is accepted.
Conditions For Seat Upgrade With An Offer
There are some points to be considered before you plan to make an offer and upgrade your seat with it. Have a look at them below.
- You are eligible to place a bid for the seat upgrade only if you received the email for it.
- You can make an offer up to five days before your flight departs. After that, the window will be closed by the carrier.
- The offer strength gauge for the seat upgrade bid will indicate the likeliness of your offer acceptance.
- Your bid should lie between the minimum and maximum assigned offer value under the Aer Lingus seat upgrade policy.
Seat Upgrade With Avios
If you are a member of the AerClub which is the loyalty program of the airline. Then, you can use the seat upgrade feature while booking your transatlantic flight ticket and also on your existing reservation.
You can pay with Avios (loyalty points) to upgrade your seat to Business Class. The number of Avios required for the seat upgrade will depend on your flight route and travel dates.
Your already booked seat can be upgraded by contacting the carrier at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you have enough Avios for the seat upgrade. You can check out the official website and find out how many Avios are required for seat upgrades on flights to different locations.
If you wish to upgrade your seat while booking a new flight. Then, follow these steps.
- Go to the official website of the carrier and choose your trip, enter your origin and destination, and select your dates of travel.
- Then, click on the “Search Flights” button. Choose the flight that suits you the best.
- Book your flight in the Economy Cabin and add your AerClub membership details.
- Next, you need to connect with the carrier at the above-given contact.
- They will check the availability of seat upgrades on your flight first.
- If your desired seat in Business Class is available. Then, the new ticket information will be emailed to you by the carrier.
Note: You should request a seat upgrade on Aer Lingus at least 72 hours prior to the departure of your flight. And do note that your granted seat upgrade is non-transferable and non-refundable.
Benefits Of Upgrading A Seat To Business Class
After the completion of your seat upgrade to the Business cabin of this carrier, you can enjoy loads of perks. The benefits you are going to receive are:
- Access the lounges at available airports and take advantage of priority check-in, boarding, and baggage handling.
- Ample amount of legroom and a fully lie-flat seat on which you can stretch and relax while flying.
- HD screens of approx 16 inches and noise-canceling headphones. You can keep yourself entertained with the latest movies, TV shows, documentaries, etc. throughout the journey.
- You can keep your essentials close to you in storage spaces that are custom-designed.
- Indulge in mouthwatering meals that are offered according to the season and a flavorful selection of wines.
- Refresh yourself in the Revival lounges of this carrier after landing at Dublin or New York (JFK) airports.
Will I get a seat upgrade refund if Aer Lingus cancels my flight?
In any instance, if your flight is canceled by the carrier due to some reason. Then, it will try its best to accommodate you on the seat to which you upgraded. But, if you don’t like this option, you can fill out a refund form on the website of the airline. You have around 30 days after the departure of your scheduled flight to request a refund.
When will I know if my Aer Lingus seat upgrade offer is successful?
The air carrier will send you an email at least one day prior to the departure of your flight. The email will include the information regarding the bid you placed for the offer. And whether it was successful or unsuccessful will be advised in it.
Can I switch the payment method for the Aer Lingus seat upgrade?
The change of payment method initially used for making the seat upgrade offer is not permitted by the airline. For this, you have to cancel your original offer and make a new one instead. You can do it by clicking the link in your cancellation email and going through the same above-mentioned process again.