Turkish Airlines prioritises customers’ comfort and convenience. Passengers can use the airline’s unparalleled refund form to travel worry-free, knowing they are covered for any last-moment surprises. Unexpected changes in plans? Sudden schedule alterations? No problem. The refund policy of the airline is tailored to put at ease. The refund request can also be helpful if the flight cancellation occurs from the airline’s end.
How Does the Refund Policy of Turkish Airlines Work?
The airline’s refund policy has certain rules and regulations that passengers must follow. All the terms and conditions are jotted down below to give a brief overview of the working of the airline’s refund policy.
- The airline will transfer the refund to the credit/debit card used during the booking.
- A full refund in case of cancellation is provided if the passenger cancels the flight within 24 hours of booking. However, it might take 7-10 business days for the amount to be credited to the source account.
- Refund processing time depends on the credit card issuing bank’s process. In some cases, refund processing may take 1-2 billing cycles.
- If no part of the ticket has been utilised, the refund will be the fare amount minus the cancellation fees based on the fare rule of the booking.
- For the partially used fares, the refund amount will be calculated as the free difference between the original ticket’s fare values and the fare value of the portions used by the passenger.
- No refunds are allowed for bookings surrendered to the airlines after 12 months from the original issuing date.
Refund policy for different fares
The airline’s refund policy also depends on the type of fare and condition for which the refund is initiated. The airline allows passengers to file a refund request subject to certain conditions.
The details of the refund policy applicable to different fares are jotted down below:
Refunds for Economy Class Tickets
- A full refund for the Economy class fare is provided if the passenger opts to cancel the flight within 24 hours of booking.
- Passengers with Economy class fares can get a refund even if they opt to cancel the flight 24 hours or less before the flight’s scheduled departure. However, the airline will charge a fee of TRY 300. The fee will be automatically deducted from the refund provided.
- For cancellations made 12 hours or before the flight’s departure, a refund is initiated without incurring any penalty fees.
Refunds for Business Class Tickets
- Similarly, like the Economy class, a full refund is provided for the cancellation made within 24 hours of cancellation.
- For cancellations made 24 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure, the airline will charge a penalty of TRY 500.
Refunds for Tickets with Special Fares
- Passengers must note that the refund policy associated with special fares may vary.
- Special fares are tickets booked with promotional fares and classified as non-refundable.
- To understand the policy better, it is advisable to contact the airline’s customer care department.
Steps to Claim a Refund From Turkish Airlines
Every passenger wonders if seeking an airline refund can be hectic and confusing. But you don’t have to worry if you are a Turkish flyer. Accessing the airline’s main website to claim a refund can be the easiest process.
Claim a refund through the website
- On any electronic device, open the main website of the airline at https://www.turkishairlines.com/
- Search for the option “Refund and Change Request Form”.
- You can see the “Refund Request” option in the list.
- Fill in all the details, including name, surname, contact details and all the other necessary details.
Turkish Airlines Refund
Turkish Airlines also provides refunds in cases of delays or cancellations from the airline’s end. However, the compensation may depend on several criteria that are briefed down below:
Refund for flight delay
- 3 to 4-hour delay: 250 USD
- More than 4-hour delay: 250 USD
- Never arrived: 250 USD
- The flight distance between point A and point B is 1,500 km or less: 250 USD
- The flight distance between point A and point B is 1,500-3,500 km: 400 USD
- The flight distance between point A and point B is more than 3,500 km: 300 USD (for a 3 to 4-hour delay) / 600 USD (for more than a 4-hour delay and never arrived)
Refund for flight cancellation
|For 2-3 hours||2-3 hours||3-4 hours||Over 4 hours||Never arrived||Flight Distance(Between points A and B)|
|125 USD||250 USD||250 USD||250 USD||250 USD||The total distance is 1,500 km or less|
|200 USD||200 USD||400 USD||400 USD||400 USD||The total distance is 1,500-3,500 km|
|300 USD||300 USD||300 USD||600 USD||600 USD||The total distance is more than 3,500 km|
Can I get a refund if I cancel my international flight with Turkish?
If canceled 12 hours before departure, you’ll get a full refund. No refund after the scheduled departure. Contact customer service or fill out an online refund request form, and the amount will be credited to your account within 20 business days.
How can I check my Turkish Airlines refund status?
You can check the Turkish Airlines refund status through the main website of the airline or by using a mobile app. You can also connect with the airline’s customer care department by calling 1-800-874-8875.