After canceling a flight, claiming a refund can be a bit tricky and stressful. But if you have canceled a Porter Airline ticket then you can easily get the refund that you deserve. The main purpose of this airline is to take care of your need and to provide satisfactory services.
This article will provide you with all the ins and outs of the refund policy. So without wasting any further time, let’s take a look at the below-given article and get all the details about the Porter Airlines refund policy.
All the Details About Porter Airlines Refund Policy
To know whether you have access to claim your flight refund, you may check out the details about the Porter refund policy briefly elaborated below;
- In case, you fail to reach the airport on time and get marked under “no-show” then your flight will get cancelled by the airline and you will not be able to claim any refund.
- If you are eligible to get a refund then the refund will be credited to your original payment form within 7 to 10 working days.
- You can only claim a refund for a refundable ticket, no non-refundable ticket is eligible for a refund. However, travel credits will be given.
- In certain cases, such as a medical emergency, the airline may provide a refund or credit, even for non-refundable tickets. You will likely need to provide documentation supporting your claim.
- If your flight is canceled by the airline, you should be entitled to a full refund, regardless of whether your ticket is refundable or non-refundable.
- This airline does not offer refunds for partial tickets. That means you will have to cancel your full itinerary. There is no option to cancel only one part of a booking and receive a refund for the remaining part.
Fare Wise Refund
In the below-given table, you can check out which fare ticket is eligible to get a refund and which ticket is restricted from the refund-claiming procedure;
|PORTER REFUND POLICY|
|Basic Class||Standard Class||Flexible Class||Freedom Class|
|Refundable within 24 hours of booking||Fully Refundable||Fully Refundable||Fully Refundable||Fully Refundable|
|Refundable up to 1 hour prior to departure||No refund or travel credit will be given||No refund will be given. Only travel credit will be issued minus the cancellation fee||No refund will be given. Only travel credit will be issued minus the cancellation fee||Full refund or travel credit will be given|
Note: You can use travel credits multiple times until the balance is used up. You can also transfer your credits to another traveler while maintaining the original expiration date.
Ways to Proceed With Porter Airlines Refund Request
Porter is a flexible airline and offers various ways to get a refund. However, in the below-given context, you will only find simple steps of the 2 most easy and prominent ways to get a refund.
Claim a Refund Online
The first way that you can use the online refund claiming method and for that, you will have to fill Porter Airlines refund form online. The steps are given below;
- Go to the Porter Airlines website.
- Click on the “Log In” button in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Click on the “Log In” button.
- Click on the “My Bookings” tab in the top right corner of the page.
- Select the flight that you want to cancel.
- Click on the “Cancel Flight” button.
- Enter your reason for canceling the flight.
- Click on the “Cancel Flight” button.
- Once your flight cancellation is done, you will automatically receive a travel credit for the value of your flight. You can also use this travel credit to book a future flight with Porter.
Call Customer Service to Claim a Refund
If you find the online procedure a bit complicated or facing difficulty to get familiarized with the steps then you can opt for this second option, i.e. calling Porter’s customer service center. This can be a convenient option for you, after online mode. The operating hour of this airline’s customer service department is Monday to Sunday between 5:30 AM to 2:00 AM EST.
Now, let’s have a look at the steps to complete the refund-claiming process which are given below;
- Call Porter Airlines’ customer service line at 1-888-619-8622.
- Have your booking confirmation number ready.
- Explain to the customer service representative that you would like to request a refund.
- The customer service representative will ask you for your reason for canceling the flight.
- The customer service representative will process your refund request.
- You will receive a confirmation email with details of your refund.
Note: In case you purchased your ticket through a third-party agency, then you can cancel and claim your flight refund by calling them only. The airline will not help you with any of the procedures.
Some Other Tips to Claim a Refund
Before you proceed with the refund-claiming procedure, keep the below-given points in mind for smooth completion.
- Keep all of your travel documents, including your booking confirmation, boarding pass, and receipts for any expenses you incurred.
- Contact Porter Airlines as soon as possible after the cancellation or delay.
- Be clear and concise when explaining the circumstances of your cancellation or delay.
- Provide any supporting documentation that you have.
- Be persistent if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your claim.
Porter Airlines Flight Compensation
Porter Airlines is subject to the Air Passenger Protection Regulations (APPR) in Canada, which means that passengers may be entitled to compensation if their flight is delayed, cancelled, or overbooked. The amount of compensation depends on the length of the delay, the distance of the flight, and whether the delay was the airline’s fault.
Check out the table below, to find out the amount of compensation;
|COMPENSATION BY PORTER AIRLINES|
|Delay Length||Distance of Flight||Approximate Compensation Amount|
|3 or more hours, but less than 6 hours||Within Canada||CAD$125|
|6 or more hours, but less than 9 hours||Within Canada||CAD$250|
|9 or more hours||Within Canada||CAD$500|
|3 or more hours, but less than 6 hours||Between Canada and the United States||USD$200|
|6 or more hours, but less than 9 hours||Between Canada and the United States||USD$400|
|9 or more hours||Between Canada and the United States||USD$600|
Note: In addition to compensation, passengers may also be entitled to care, such as food, refreshments, and accommodation, if their flight is delayed or cancelled.
Porter Refund Fees
Not all fare tickets are bound to pay the refund fee, only a few classes have to pay the fees. To check which fare is most likely to pay, take a look at the pointers below;
- If you have purchased a standard fare ticket and cancel your flight after 24 hours of reservation booking then you will have to pay $100 per head and direction as a refund fee to get the rest of the amount as travel credit.
- Similarly, if you bought a flexible fare ticket, then you will have to pay around $50 per person and direction to get the remaining canceled flight amount as future travel credit.
- With a freedom fare ticket, you get the freedom to cancel your flight and claim a full refund or travel credit 1 hour prior to the flight departure time without any fees.
Will Porter Airlines provide a refund for my baggage and other services?
You may get a refund for your baggage and other services, only if your flight got cancelled or delayed by the airline’s side or if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking. In all the other cases, the amount will be transferred to the travel credit.
Can I get a refund for my international Porter Airlines flight?
Yes, you can get a refund for your international Porter flight if you cancel your booking within 24 hours of purchase. If you have a refundable ticket then also you can get a refund otherwise you will receive travel credit. For more queries, you can contact the airline directly.