Travel plans can be as dynamic as the destinations themselves, and even Etihad Airways understands this. That’s why the airline has introduced a flight change policy. By using Etihad flight change policy, passengers can easily alter the details of their bookings. The flight change policy of the airline is the key to a smooth and hassle-free journey. However, it is very crucial to know about the charges and guidelines associated with the flight change policy of Etihad Airways. If you have a booking with Eithad Airlines, dive into this article and learn more about the initial steps to take while changing flights to Eithad Airlines.
An Overview of Etihad Flight Change Policy
The easiest way to change flights with Etihad is by using the airline’s official website. The airline lets you adjust your booked flight 2 hours prior to the departure of the flight.
Apart from changing flights, several other things, including excess baggage, request for special assistance, or change to the preferred seat, can be done from the user-oriented website of Etihad Airways.
However, there are specific points that the passenger must look at before moving ahead with the change policy.
- Passengers must go through the fare terms and conditions because the flight policy changes depending on the fare type and route.
- The passenger must have bought the ticket five days ago using a single credit card.
- The change flight feature isn’t applicable for booking with travel insurance, reward flight guest seats, or Multi-city bookings.
- Passengers can only change their reservation through the website if Etihad operates at least one flight on their itinerary. If the ticket number doesn’t start with 607, the passenger must contact the issuing airline or the travel agency.
- The charges will be waived if the passenger wants to make changes due to unexpected medical conditions like death. However, the airline may ask for the required documentation.
- A Guest Service Fee will apply to any changes or refunds made through the Contact Centre.
- Dates changes may vary depending on the route and the fare type purchased by the passenger.
Steps to Change Flights on Etihad
This Airline has made an easy-to-use website for passengers to change their flights easily. Apart from the website, passengers can also get in touch with the live agent of the airline to change a flight. However, making changes through the call center may incur service charges.
Steps to change flight online
- Visit the main website of Etihad Airlines at https://www.etihad.com/
- Search for the “Manage Booking” option on the website.
- Now retrieve your booking by filing your last name and the booking reference number.
- Select the option of “Change Flight.”
- Choose from the available flight options.
- Make the payment for any remaining amount or fare difference.
- You will receive the new itinerary from the airline.
Steps to change flight offline
- Besides the online method, passengers can switch to calls and connect with the airline’s customer care department.
- Call on change flight phone number +39 02 23331300. You can visit their “Contact Us” page to check for numbers for different regions.
- Share all the flight details with the agent of the airline.
- Check for the available flight options and choose the one you prefer to switch your flight with.
- Make the payment for the change (if the change fee applies) and the fare difference.
Charges to Change a Flight
Etihad charges a non-refundable fee of USD 30 for making booking changes. This fee is added to every ticket, including children’s and infant tickets. The policies listed below may also apply while changing flights with Etihad.
- This Airline will charge a change fee depending on the fare and the flight route the passenger has booked.
- All the changes made within 96 hours of your flight will incur an additional 10% fee.
- Any extra fare penalties or Etihad Airways change fees would be as per the fare rule and shall be advised when changing or refunding.
Does Etihad Airways allow me to change flight dates at the last minute?
Passengers having bookings with Etihad can easily make changes at the last minute. However, this may incur additional charges. You can contact the airline’s dedicated customer care department to know the exact fee.
Can I change my flight after the date with Etihad Airways?
Yes, with Etihad Airways, passengers can change their flight after the date. However, a change fee will apply to the changes made with Etihad Airways. Passengers can go through the Modification guide on the airline’s main website.
How can I change my flight date for free with Etihad Airways?
To waive the change fee charges, passengers must try to change the flight within 24 hours of booking. By doing so, passengers can change their flight without any charges.