Experience the world of flexibility with Emirates Airlines change flight policy. It’s time to say goodbye to all those rigid itineraries with multiple rules and regulations. Regardless of the scenario, if your travel plan has taken an unexpected turn or you are craving spontaneous adventure, Emirates has covered you! Now you can be the captain on your journey and enjoy the freedom to easily modify travel dates, switch destinations, or upgrade for preferred seats. Experience travel on your terms, where every journey is an opportunity waiting to be seized. Fly with us and let your dreams take flight.
Guidelines of Emirates Airlines Flight Change Policy
This Airline allows passengers to change their travel plans according to their choice. However, this policy has certain rules and regulations associated with it.
All the guidelines of the flight change policy are jotted down below:
- If the passenger changes their mind within 24 hours of booking, then the airline allows them to modify the itinerary without any charges.
- Emirates Airlines change fees are waived if the passenger opts to change flights by keeping the same destination, within the same booking class, and in the same cabin.
- On the contrary, a fare difference is charged if the passenger opts to switch the flight to a higher class.
- Emirates is not responsible for providing a refund if the passenger switches to a lower class.
- This airline allows passengers to change flights up to 3 hours before the scheduled flight departure.
- Passengers are not entitled to change the flight after check-in.
- All the Chauffeur‑drive bookings linked with the changed flight will be automatically canceled.
Note: Only the fares directly purchased by Emirates can be modified with Emirates. The passenger must contact the agent for the fare bought by a third-party agent.
Emirates flight change policy for reward tickets
Below is the table representing the information related to the applicable change policy for the reward tickets.
|Fare Type||Date Change||Origin/Destination change||Charges Applicable|
|Special Fare||Allowed (certain restrictions applicable)||Allowed (certain restrictions applicable)||Change fee and fare difference|
|Saver Fare||Allowed||Allowed||Change fee and fare difference|
|Flex Fare||Allowed||Allowed||Change fee and fare difference|
|Flex Plus Fare||Allowed||Allowed||Fare difference|
Change Policy for Vacation Packages
To make changes in the vacation packages bought from Emirates, passengers can consider the below-mentioned points:
- According to Emirates change flight guidelines for vacation packages, changes must be made through email.
- For changing an existing booking, passengers must pay change fees per passenger. Adding to it, other charges like rate changes and extra costs will also incur.
- The package will be canceled if the passenger opts to make travel arrangements within 14 days of departure. It will be treated as a cancellation.
Emirates Airlines schedule change policy
- Emirates is responsible for informing the passengers regarding the flight’s departure time. The departure time is also indicated on your Ticket or e-ticket receipt/itinerary.
- If Airline changes the departure time, the airline will inform you through the shared contact details.
- If Emirates changes the departure time or airport in a way that does not meet your requirements and they cannot provide an acceptable alternative flight in your booked class, you have the right to receive a refund for the unused portion of your ticket.
Steps to Change Flight
Making it easier and more flexible for the passenger, This airline has developed different channels to change flights. From online to offline, passengers can choose any medium to change flights depending on their choice.
Change flight online through the website
- Visit the main website of Emirates Airlines at www.emirates.com
- Now look out for an option labeled “Manage Booking.”
- Fill in the required fields with all the traveling details.
- Select the flight you want to change your original booking with.
- Check for the change fee and fare difference.
- Once done with the payment, the airline will share the new itinerary with you.
Change flight on a phone call
- Passenger calls on Emirates Airlines change flight phone number to +1 800 777 3999 (US only).
- Once getting connected with the live agent, share all the travel details.
- Check for the available flight options.
- Switch to your desired flight.
- Check for any change fee or fare difference.
- Pay the amount remaining and receive your new itinerary shared by the agent.
Charges to Change a Flight on Emirates
The Emirates Airlines change fee depends on the fare type bought by the passenger. So, it’s better to get in touch with the customer care executive of the airline to check on the applicable change fees.
Apart from the change fees, the airline will also charge some sort of fare difference that may be applicable.
What happens to my meal and seat if I change my Emirates flight?
The preferred seats and add-on meals added with the changed flight will not automatically transfer to the new booking. Passengers have to contact the airline’s customer care executive to add features to the new booking.
Can I modify Miles or points bookings online with Emirates?
Yes, flights booked with Miles or points can be changed online with Emirates Airlines. However, Emirates Airlines will impose certain change fees depending on the terms and conditions of the fare.
Can I make changes online for partially used Emirates tickets?
Yes, it is possible to change your ticket online, depending on the fare conditions. For partially used tickets, passengers can make changes through the “Manage Booking” page available on the airline’s main website.
Can I make changes online with Emirates for one passenger?
No, any changes you make online will affect everyone in your booking. However, you can contact the airline’s customer care department or the travel agent to make changes to your booking.