Even if you witness some plan changes before the departure of the flight, still Avianca Airlines change flight policy can come into play and save your travel plans. The flight change policy of the airline ensures smooth date and time changes of booked flights for the passengers. However, there are yet many things about the policy to be unveiled. So let’s dive together into this article and explore the perks and process of the flight change policy.
Guidelines Under Avianca Airlines Change Flight Policy
Before proceeding with the flight change policy of the airline, there are some important guidelines that you must be aware of. All the guidelines released by the airline and associated with the flight change policy are mentioned below:
- The airline allows a free flight change within the 24-hours of booking. If the passenger can’t find the preferred seat, they can change the flight for free within the 24-hour window.
- Flight changes after 24 hours of booking will incur a change flight fee.
- In addition to the flight change fees, the airline expects the passenger to pay the fare difference between the original and new flight booking.
- The airline advises the passenger to change the flight through the same medium they used for booking the flight. For example, to change the flight you booked through the website, you need to access the official website again to make the changes.
- All the additional addons or special assistance with the original booking will not be transferred to the new flight booking. If the passenger changes the flight and wants all those addons again, they must purchase special services with the airline again.
- Passenger shaving “Book with Flexibility” can easily make alterations. Moreover, they can enjoy the flexibility of free flight change even after 24 hours of booking.
- When it comes to changing the flight itinerary, it depends on the terms and conditions of the fare. Depending on the terms and conditions, the airline may or may not impose charges on the passenger.
- The Avianca Airlines change flight process can be used by the passengers who have bought Avianca’s Life miles. Passengers with this fare must cancel and rebook another flight with available seats.
Steps to Change Flight with Avianca Airlines
Once you have learned about the change flight policy, you can look at the steps to change flights with the airline. The airline provides several channels for the passenger to change their flight.
All the channels with the steps to change flights are mentioned below:
Flight Change Online
- To change the flight through the online portal passenger has to access the official website of the airline at https://www.avianca.com/us/en/
- An option labelled “Manage Your Booking” appears on the home page, click on it.
- The airline shows some empty field markets as required. You have to fill these fills to retrieve your bookings with the airline.
- Once you retrieve your booking with the airline, select the flight you want to change.
- Check for the available flight options according to your travel plans.
- The airline may ask you to pay the flight change fees to swap your original bookings with the new one.
- Once done with the payment, the airline will share the confirmation on your registered email address.
Flight Change via Phone Call
- To change the flight on a phone call, dial the Avianca Airlines change flight phone number +442089767846.
- Follow the IVR menu to connect with the live agent of the airline or customer care executive.
- Once connected, share all the booking and flight details with the agent.
- Explain the need to change the flight so the agent can look up the other options.
- Check for the available flight options with the agent and choose the one you prefer to travel in.
- Enquire about the applied change fees and the fare difference (if any). Make the payment for all the incurring charges.
- Once you make the payment, the airline books a seat on another flight to ensure smooth travel according to the plans.
Flight Change at the Airport
- Visit the nearby airport to use the traditional method of changing flights.
- Locate the support/reservation desk of Avianca at the airline.
- Have words with the agent regarding the flight change.
- The agent will ask you for the required details to change your flight and share all the details with the agent.
- The agent will share the list of available flight options; choose the one you want for your travel.
- To confirm your flight change, pay the flight change fees and fare difference.
- The details of your new itinerary will be shared on your registered contact details.
Charges to Change Flights with Avianca Airlines
The charges to change flights with the airline vary depending on the fare you purchase. However, the airline has classified the charges into 3 different categories:
- Change Charges: The Avianca Airline change fees refer to an extra fee created when you voluntarily change your ticket. This only applies to XS, S, and M fares.
- Fare Difference: Passengers must pay the fare difference between the original and new booking.
- Taxes: The difference generated by taxes is counted as the applicable changes
General Charges to change flight
- To change flights within Colombia, the airline charges COP 110.000
- To change flights within Ecuador, the charges are USD 28.
- To change flights operating within South America, USD 170.
- To change other international flights, the airline charges USD 200.
Additional Information regarding Avianca Airlines Change Flight Policy
Here are some additional information regarding the flight change policy of the airline:
- The airline may ask for a higher change fee for changing flights multiple times with the airline.
- Fares purchased from any third-party website or agent aren’t eligible to be changed by the airline. To change the flight, you have to contact a third-party agent.
- You can change L and XXL fare bookings before and after your flight without incurring any change fees. However, please note that additional costs might be related to fare differences and taxes.
- You can purchase tickets or modify your travel plans up to 35 minutes before your scheduled departure time for domestic flights. For international flights, this window extends up to 1 hour before departure.
- It’s important to mention that the charges for making changes before your flight are the same, regardless of booking a one-way or round-trip journey.
Can I change my Avianca flight a few hours before the departure?
Yes, the airline allows the passenger to change the flight even a few hours prior to the departure. However the change fees may be of a higher value.
How many times can I change my flight with Avianca Airlines?
The airline allows the passengers to change flights 1 time but only after paying the flight change fees. You can contact the airline to make multiple changes to your flight.