Flying with Austrian Airlines has always been a gateway to new horizons. But wait, what if plans suddenly swerve? What if destinations beckon differently? Don’t worry because even if your plans have changed, the airline will ensure you provide other options. Using the Austrian Airlines change flight policy, passengers can easily alter their itinerary. This article will explore the “hows” and the “whys.” So get ready to find out your options and the flexibility the airline provides even if the passenger opts to change the flight.
What is the Austrian Airlines Change Flight Policy?
Before starting with the change flight policy of the airline, there are certain things that the passenger must look at. These key points can help the passenger to better understand the change in flight policy of the airline.
- The change flight policy allows passengers to make changes within 24 hours of booking without any charges. However, the initial ticket booking should be made at least one week before the departure date.
- The airline advises the passenger to change the flight with the same source they used to book the fare.
- The airline may charge nominal flight change fees for the changes made after the allotted time period.
- If the new flight booked by the passenger is comparatively higher, then the passenger must have paid the fare difference between the initial and final booking made.
- Conversely, if the new flight costs less than the original booking, the airline will issue a voucher or travel points for the remaining amount, which can be used for future travel.
- If an airline provides a complimentary class upgrade, changing the flight might lead to the loss of this upgrade, and passengers cannot demand it during the change.
- Rebooking fees are not levied for infants under two years of age.
- The fares directly purchased by the airline can proceed with the Austrian Airlines change flight process.
- The passenger must contact the third-party agent for bookings with the third-party agency.
Steps to Change Flight with Austrian Airlines
Are you now wondering how to change a flight with the airline? If yes, then stop wondering and start scrolling as below we have shared all the steps that can be used to change the flight with the airline.
Change Flight Online via the Website
To change the flight using the online website of the airline, there are certain steps you can abide by:
- Check out the official website: https://www.austrian.com
- Look at the upper right corner to find the language option, then select your native language.
- Now select the login button and enter your details to access your flight info.
- On the airline’s homepage, search for the Manage Booking section.
- To proceed further and retrieve your bookings, fill in all the details, like your PNR number and last name.
- Click continue and find the change/modify option. Once you find the option, click on it.
- You can select from the available flight change options.
- Enquire about the applicable charges to change you and the fare difference.
- Once you complete the payment, you will receive a new itinerary at your registered email address.
Change Flight Offline via Phone Call
If you find it tricky to change your booking through the online website of the airline, then you can also opt to change the flight on a phone call. You can follow these steps to change a flight on a phone call.
- Dial the Austrian Airlines Change flight phone number +43 1 70148 1000 to change your flight via phone.
- Wait to connect with the customer care representative of the airline so that they can assist with the airline’s flight policy change.
- Once connected with the agent, inform them about your requirement to amend your flight booking.
- The agent will ask you to share all the flight and booking details to retrieve your booking with the airline.
Change Flight Offline at the airport
Opt for the traditional approach of making changes by visiting the airport in person. If you prefer a dependable method, seek assistance from the airline’s staff.
- Reach at the airport and move to the ticket office of the airline.
- Wait for a representative to approach you to guide you through the change process.
- Provide them with the necessary flight details to facilitate the change effectively.
- Be specific and clear about the modifications you wish to make to avoid any issues.
- Eligible changes will be implemented. However, the airline may charge some nominal fees to change your bookings.
Charges to Change Flight
The Austrian Airlines change fee may vary depending on criteria like the type of changes, the type of fare, and the time of change.
- To waive the change flight fees, the passenger must make the desired changes within 24 hours of booking. The passengers can save themselves from paying the change flight penalty.
- A change fee of 30 EUR applies to all tickets. Apart from this, a fare difference is also charged for changing flights.
- Non-refundable tickets cannot be changed; a new flight must be booked after cancelling the original ticket.
- If the passenger opts to change flights through customer service, then a service fee of 10 to 20 EUR will incur.
- If the passenger opts to cancel the flight after changing it, then the amount charged to change the flight will not be refunded.
- Change fees must be paid using the same method as the initial ticket purchase; alternative payment methods require airline approval.
- While comparing, the change fees for the domestic flight is comparatively less than that of the International flight.
How many times can I change my flight with Austrian Airlines?
The airline provides the flexibility to the passenger for making up to 2 changes to their flight. However, these charges are associated with the change in flight fees depending on the type of change and the fare type provided by the airline.
Does Austrian Airlines allow a change in the destination?
Yes, when it comes to the flight changes, change in the destination is also included, By paying a nominal amount to the airline passenger can opt to change the destination of the flight.