In a world where the winds of change are ever-present, so are the shifts in our plans and destinies. All Nippon Airways, a vessel of adventure and aspirations, understands that sometimes, the path we set must be adjusted. How does one navigate the intricate skies of flight changes? How does the delicate dance of rescheduling unfold amidst the vast expanse of possibilities? Let’s delve into the ethereal realm of All Nippon Airways Change Flight Policy, where every amendment is a brushstroke on the canvas of your journey.
An Overview of All Nippon Airways Change Flight Policy
The air carrier offers a flexible change flight policy to accommodate passengers changing travel needs. Below is the overview of the flight change policy, a briefing about the policy and the flexibility that the airline provides to the passenger for changing their flight or modifying their itinerary.
- The airfares bought from the airline’s official website must be changed using the same portal.
- The flight change policy of the airline may vary depending on the fare types and the circumstances of changing flights.
- For the bookings made through any third-party website or agency, passengers must contact the third-party agency’s representative to make the necessary amendments to their flight and itinerary.
- The air carrier offers a fee waiver for ticket exchange or reissue when changes are made through their official website.
- If changes are made through ANA customer service over the phone or at an ANA counter at international airports in Japan, a fixed service charge per passenger per ticket will apply.
- No handling fees will be levied if there are no differences in fare, tax, or other fees and the original route remains unchanged.
- In cases where the applicable fare indicates higher handling fees for reservation changes, only the specified amount will be charged.
- Modification of Date, Sector, or Flight for already purchased and issued flight tickets.
- Changes in the reservation can result in a new fare, leading to either additional charges or refunds. The fare differential and processing fee will be determined and applied accordingly.
- Passengers can use a credit card or PayPal to settle the other incurring additional charges.
- Passengers can proceed with the All Nippon Airways change flight process up to 24 hours before the original flight’s departure. Or else it can be done up to 6 hours before the departure of the desired changed flight, whichever comes first.
- If changes or cancellations are not requested before the scheduled departure of the booked flight, the ticket cannot be transferred to another flight, even if the fare allows for changes. Only refunds are possible in such cases.
- Changes involving alterations to the number of passengers or modifications to itineraries, including stays in multiple cities, cannot be processed at the airport.
Steps to Change Flight with ANA
Before starting with the steps to change with the airline, it is important to note that in some cases, the airline won’t allow the passenger to make changes at the airport. On the other hand, all the fares purchased from the airline’s official website must be changed through the website itself.
Another channel that passengers can use to change their flight is getting in touch with the customer care executive of the airline.
Change Flight via Online Website
To change the flight using the official website of the airline passengers can follow the steps jotted down below:
- On any of the electronic device, open the official website of the airline at https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/
- On the homepage, search for the option of “My Booking.”
- Once you click the option, a drop-down menu appears with three options to retrieve your booking.
- Use any of the convenient options and fill in all the required details to retrieve the booking made with the airline.
- Once your booking is retrieved, search for the “Change Flight” option.
- Check for the available flight options with available seats.
- Once you find the desired flight, check if there are any additional changes in flight fees or fare differences applicable.
- Pay for the incurring charges to secure a seat on the available flight.
- Once the payment is made, the airline will share the modified itinerary on your registered email address.
Change Flight via service centre
In case you want to make changes by getting in touch with the customer care executive of the airline, then you can refer to the steps below:
- Dial the All Nippon Airways Change Flight phone number 1-800-235-9262.
- Wait until you are connected with the customer care executive of the airline.
- Once connected, make your intentions clear to change the light and then share all the booking details with the airline’s agent.
- Check for the available flight options with the agent.
- Enquire about the service and other applicable charges to change your flight with the airline.
- If you are satisfied with the applicable charges and the booking on another flight, pay the airline.
- Once the airline receives your payment, a new flight itinerary will be shared on your registered contact details.
Eligible Reservations for Changes on the ANA Website
The airline won’t hold any responsibility for changing all the airfare. However, the below-mentioned reservations are eligible to undergo the All Nippon Airways change flight policy.
- Reservations are made exclusively through the ANA website.
- Simple round-trip, one-way, or open-jaw itineraries.
- Fares that are changeable via the ANA website.
Reservations Non-Eligible for Change on the ANA Website
- Reservations that come with an upgraded flight option allow for cancellation of the upgrade and facilitate changes.
- All the airfare bought or purchased via the phone call of the airline can’t be changed using the official website of the airline.
- Travel plans involving visits to multiple cities during the itinerary
- Reservations wherein traveller classification (adults: 16+ years old; young adults: 12-15 years old; children: 2-11 years old, etc.) may be subject to change if the boarding date is altered
- Bookings made through a travel agency can’t be changed through the official website of the airline
- Itineraries encompassing flights with varying boarding classes
- Passengers who have initiated a reservation but the payment has not been made, or the purchase process has not been completed in any manner.
Charges to Change Flight with ANA
- All Nippon Airways Change fees for flight changes based on several factors:
- Some fare types allow changes with a fee, while others do not permit any changes.
- Change fees vary based on the fare type chosen.
- Change fees are influenced by how close the change is to the departure date.
- Changes made closer to the departure date may incur higher fees.
- Different changes (e.g., date change, route change) have varying associated fees.
- For instance, a date change may be less expensive than altering the flight route.
- Generally, the airline charges USD 22 to change domestic flights and USD 37.
How many changes can I make with All Nippon Airways?
While talking about the number of changes, the airline provides unlimited changes. However, the changes made with the airline may incur additional charges.
Can I change flights for free with All Nippon Airways?
The charges to change flight with ANA depends on the fare types and the time of flight changes. In some cases, if the change is made within 24 hours of booking, the airline may not apply any additional charges.