Your travel plans should be as fluid as the waves that kiss the shores of Mauritius. And to assist you throughout your travel plans, Air Mauritius change flight policy comes into play. The change flight policy of the airline is designed to grant you the freedom to adapt to the twists and turns of life. Sometimes sudden changes do demand for the change in flight bookings as well. But no matter the situation, the airline’s change flight policy has you covered. With Air Mauritius, your journey is not just a destination but an adventure waiting to unfold.
Conditions of Air Mauritius Change Flight Policy
The flight change policy of the airline comes with certain rules and regulations that the passenger must abide by. Following these rules and regulations, passengers can smoothly complete the change in flight policy.
- All the fares directly purchased from the reservation channels of the airline are eligible to undergo the flight change policy.
- The airline can also change the flight booked with the partnered airlines. However, all the bookings made through the third-party agency of the website may not be eligible for flight change. In case of bookings made with a third-party agent, the passenger must contact the respective agent.
- The airline allows the passenger to change flights 72 hours before the departure of the scheduled flight.
- The airline will charge a nominal fee to change the flight. In addition to the Air Mauritius change fees, a fare difference may apply.
- If the passenger opts to change the flight by contacting the airline’s customer care executive, a service charge may apply in addition to the fare and change flight fees.
Steps to Change Flight with Air Mauritius
The airline provides several user-friendly channels for passengers to change their flights. However, changing flights through the airline’s official website is easier. All the channels, along with the steps to change the flight, are mentioned below:
Change Flight Online via Website
To change the flight online from the website of the airline, passengers can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the main website of the airline at https://www.airmauritius.com/
- On the website’s homepage, an option labelled “Manage” appears, click on the option.
- Moving further, to retrieve your bookings with the airline, fill in all the credentials, including the booking reference number and the passenger’s last name.
- Once you fill in all the details, click on the flight you want to change.
- Search for the change flight option.
- Select the flight that suits your travel plans from the available flight options.
- Check for the applicable change flight fees and fare difference.
- To confirm the flight change, pay the applicable fees, and the airline will share the confirmation details on your registered email address.
Change Flight through the Call Centre
To change the flight via the service number of the airline, you can follow the steps jotted down below:
- Call the Air Mauritius Change flight phone number +230 2077575.
- Follow the IVR menu to connect with the customer care executive of the airline.
- Once connected with the customer care executive of the airline, share all the flight and booking details.
- Once the agent retrieves your booking, ask them to amend your itinerary.
- The agent will share the list of available flight options.
- Choose the flight that suits your travel plans.
- Enquire about the applicable change flight fees and the fare difference.
- To confirm your booking, pay the applicable change flight fees and all the other charges like the fare difference and service charges.
- Once your rebooking on another flight gets confirmed, the airline will share the itinerary on your registered email address.
Charges to Change Flight with Air Mauritius
The charges to change flights depend on the type of fare the passenger has bought for the trip. Apart from the fare type, several other factors considered are the time of flight change and the route.
Change Flexi Fares
- It’s the most flexible option.
- Allows unlimited changes up to 24 hours before departure.
- No change fees apply for Flexi fares.
Change Semi-Flexi Fares
- Allows one change up to 24 hours before departure.
- Incurs a change fee of EUR 50 for Semi-Flexi fares.
Economy and Discount Fares:
- No changes are permitted.
- You must cancel the original ticket and book a new one if changes are needed.
- A cancellation fee of EUR 50 applies to both Economy and Discount fares.
Is 3 hours enough to change flights before departure with Air Mauritius?
No passengers won’t be able to change the flight 3 hours before the flight’s departure. In this case, they can cancel the flight. In cases of missed flights, the airline will consider the passenger a “no-show,” and the whole value of the fare will be forfeited.
Can I change my flight time with Air Mauritius?
No, even after paying the cancellation fees, you can’t change your flight anytime with the airline. The airline allows flight change only within a limited time frame.