Vietnam Airlines understands that life happens, and sometimes, your travel plans need to change, too. That’s why the air carrier offers a flexible change flight policy that allows you to adjust your travel arrangements as needed. Vietnam Airlines’ change flight policy is your gateway for altering itineraries.
The airline understands that your time is valuable, so they have made it easy to change your flight without having to pick up the phone. However, passengers looking out for assistance can get in touch with the airline. The agents of the customer care department are ready round the clock to answer all your questions and guide you through the change flight process.
A Guide for Vietnam Airlines Change Flight process
Have you purchased an airfare with the air carrier and want to change your flight? Then, learning about some basic rules and regulations is a must for you. The rules and regulations associated with the change policy of the airline are briefed below for your better understanding.
- Flight/ticket changes are allowed for online purchases. Conversely, fares bought from reservation desks or third-party agencies are not applicable for online change.
- You can use a different payment card to pay for the change flight fees and any applicable charges than the one originally used for the purchase.
- Changes can be made at least one day before the departure date and for all customers within the same booking code.
- For changes involving different customers in one booking code, contact the Contact Center at 1900 1100 or Vietnam Airlines branch offices for assistance.
- The change function does not apply to multi-destination tickets or routes departing from South Korea, Taiwan, The United States, and Canada.
- It also does not apply to tickets with railway segments, those paid using Pay Later or China Union Pay option, booking codes with infants under 2 years old, changes made on or after the departure date, or tickets with used segments.
- Changes are permitted to equal or higher fares only, and the highest change fee of all fare components will be applied for multiple changes.
- Change fees are non-refundable.
- Passengers can quickly change their tickets on the Vietnam Airlines website.
- Passengers must pay the fare difference and applicable change fees to confirm their rebooking.
Vietnam Airlines changed its flight policy for different fares
It is very important to understand that every airfare comes with a different set of rules and regulations. Similarly, the change flight policy of the airline varies depending on the type of fare purchased by the passengers and when they are opting to change the flight.
Economy Flex Fares (Class Y/B/M/S)
- Before the flight date on the ticket:
- Changes are allowed without any additional charges.
- On or after the flight date on the ticket:
- For Y class tickets: Changes are allowed without any additional charges.
- For M/B/S class tickets: Vietnam Airlines change fees of JPY 10,000 per change will be charged by the airline.
Economy classic (Class H/K/L/Q/N/R)
- Changes Before Ticketed Flight Date:
- H/K/L/Q Class: JPY 10,000 per change
- N/R Class: JPY 20,000 per change
- Changes On/After Ticketed Flight Date:
- H/K/L/Q Class: JPY 20,000 per change
- N/R Class: JPY 30,000 per change
Economy lite (Class T/A/E)
- Change fee: JPY 30,000 per alteration
Economy super lite (Class G/P)
- Change fee: JPY 30,000 per modification
Requesting a Ticket Exchange for Reverse Direction Travel
- Modification of bookings and changing flights is subject to the terms and conditions of the fare.
- To request changes for a partially used booking or itinerary, you have the following options:
- Submit a ticket exchange request through the online ticket help desk.
- Reach out to the online ticket help desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit Vietnam Airlines’ sales offices to facilitate the ticket exchange.
- Exchange requests should be initiated using the email address registered for booking and purchase.
Steps to Change Flight with Vietnam Airlines
The airline suggests passengers change flights using the airline’s official website. However, apart from the online mode, passengers can also call Vietnam Airlines to change flight phone number (+84-24) 38272289. Passengers must remember the airline may charge a service fee in addition to all the applicable charges if they opt to change the flight by getting in touch with the customer care executive.
Change flight online
Refer to these steps for changing the flight online with Vietnam Airlines
- Visit the Vietnam Airlines website and navigate to the “Manage Booking” section.
- Enter your booking reference number and last name in the provided fields.
- Click on the “Retrieve Booking” button to proceed.
- On the following page, click the “Change Flight” button.
- Choose the desired new flight from the available options.
- Review the flight details thoroughly and then click “Confirm”.
- Complete the payment for any applicable change fees.
- Once the payment is processed, expect to receive a confirmation email with the updated flight details.
How will I get a new ticket after changing my ticket with Vietnam Airlines?
After a successful ticket exchange on Vietnam Airlines’ platform, they’ll swiftly email you the updated itinerary and flight details. Contact their support if you don’t receive this within an hour. Phone: (84) 1900110, Email: email@example.com.
How many changes does Vietnam Airlines allow for the passengers?
Vietnam Airlines permits passengers to modify their tickets twice, though certain limitations and fees might be applicable. However, the airline’s flight policy change may vary depending on the type of fare passengers have bought for their trip.
Can I change my flight with Vietnam Airlines via the Mobile app?
Yes, passengers can change their flight using the mobile app. The airline’s mobile app can be used to manage bookings, make new reservations or cancel the previous reservations made with the airline.