Fellow travellers are planning another vacation and ready to embrace spontaneity. Spirit has heard your inner wanderlust’s calling. The airline has transformed all its policies to provide satisfaction and comfort to passengers. Spirit Airlines change flight policy is amongst those that can help the passenger witness changes. However, knowing some basic details about the policy can help a lot more.
What are the Guidelines Under Spirit Airlines Flight Change Policy?
Undoubtedly the flight change policy of the airlines is a life-saving policy when any unavoidable situation arises. But knowing more about the policy can help the passenger to use it at best.
Below are certain guidelines released by the airline to support their flight change policy that the passenger must adhere to.
- All Spirit passengers are strongly advised to change their reservation within 24 hours of the booking. By doing so, passengers can easily waive the applicable change fees.
- In case of changes due to any medical emergency, like a death in the family, the airline allows the passenger to change their booked flights for free. However, in such a situation, the passenger must provide supporting documents for their reason.
- If the changes are made by Spirit, like the flight’s departure and arrival time, you won’t have to pay extra fees to switch to another Spirit flight.
- To receive more flexibility in changing airline flights, passengers can switch their payment mode to a credit card as it allows them to use the trip change coverage.
- Passengers with flexible tickets can use the flight change policy without paying any extra charges. However, the fare should be directly purchased from the airline, not from any third-party agency or website.
- The airline permits the flight change upto 1 hour before the flight’s departure.
Steps to Change Flight with Spirit Airlines
With the flexible flight change policy, the airlines also provide flexibility regarding the steps used to change the flight. However, it depends on the choice of the passenger to choose among online or offline modes to change the flight.
Some common ways to change flights, along with their steps, are mentioned below that passengers can use to change flights:
Change Flight Online using the Website
- For changing flights online, passengers can visit https://www.spirit.com/
- Proceed further by logging in to your account using the credentials.
- Search for the option labelled “My Trips” and click on it.
- Fill in specific details like the passenger’s last name and the confirmation code.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- All your bookings with the airline will appear on the screen.
- From the bookings, select the flight you want to change.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the flight change process.
- Once done with all the important steps, the airline will share the new itinerary for the changed flight to your registered email.
Change Flight by Calling the Agent
- You can also seek assistance from the airline’s agent to change the booked flight.
- Call on Spirit Airlines change flight phone number to 855-728-3555, and connect with the live agent of the airline.
- Share all the flight details with the agent and request a flight change.
- The airline agent will share the available flight options with you. Select the one you prefer to change your flight with it.
- Enquire about the change fees and fare difference for the flight change.
- Make the payment for the remaining balance (if any).
- The agent will share the new itinerary with you once the process is complete.
Note: The agent will change your flight after checking the seat availability in your preferred flight. If seats are unavailable, then the agent won’t be able to switch your flight as per your demand.
Change Flight at the Airport
- Some passengers still prefer to use the old and traditional method of changing the flight. So the airline assists in changing flights from the airport as well.
- Visit the nearest airport.
- Locate the Spirit Airlines reservation desk at the airport.
- The agent on the reservation desk will assist you in changing the flight.
How Can I Change my Flight with Spirit for Free?
To change Spirit flight without incurring any extra charges, passengers can adhere to the steps jotted down below:
- Try to change the flight within 24 hours of booking.
- Change the booking at least 60 days before the departure of the flight.
- Make your reservation with Flight Flex, as changes made with Flight Flex don’t require any change fees.
- Purchase a Bundle Ticket and change your flight within 24 hours of booking.
- For a flight delayed more than 2 hours, passengers can make the changes without any change fees.
Spirit Airlines Change Fees
Apart from the changes made within 24 hours of booking, the airline charges a change fee for bookings made after the risk-free period. Below are the details for the fees charged by the airline to change flights.
- If the passenger opts to change the flight atleast 0-6 days before the flight’s departure, then the airline will charge a fee of $119.
- For the changes made between 7-30 days before the departure, a fee of $99 is charged.
- For the changes made between 31-59 days before the flight’s departure, a penalty of $69 is charged.
- All the changes made 60 days before the flight departure are free of charge.
Change fees for Award and Standard Ticket
Apart from the general charges, there are also charges for the Award and Standard tickets.
- To change Award and Standard ticket, the change fee can range between $49-99, depending on the time of change.
- If a passenger books an expensive flight, then the passenger is anticipated to pay the fare difference.
- Conversely, bookings with cheaper flights make the passenger eligible for a Reservation Credit for future travel.
- The Reservation credit has some limitations as it can only be used by the passenger to whom the airline issues the credit.
Spirit Airlines Same-day Flight Change
Do you need to change your flight urgently? Don’t worry, the same-day flight change feature of the airline can be useful for you. Passengers can make same-day changes on the original flight date only. Although certain restrictions are associated with the same-day flight change policy of the airline.
- The newly selected flight by the passenger should be of the same routes and between the same airports as per the original flight reservation.
- After the check-in is completed, passengers won’t be able to apply for the same-day flight change.
- All long-haul flights are eligible for same-day changes. However, the same-day charges vary depending on the fare type and the difference between both charges.
What if Spirit Airlines change my flight?
If Spirit Airlines modifies your flight, you have a few options. Accept the change if it suits your plans, change your flight for a fee if the new one isn’t suitable, or cancel your flight for a refund after deducting a cancellation fee.
Can you change a Spirit Flight after you miss it?
To rebook or reschedule a missed Spirit Airlines flight, contact Customer Service for a refund or a replacement flight on the same day. Just call and explain your situation, and they’ll guide you through the process.