With Southwest Airlines change flight policy, passengers can unlock the benefits of a seamless travel experience. Southwest Airlines encourages you to take control of your journey line every time as you jet off for a smooth and stress-free journey.
From easy flight modifications to personalized upgrades, Southwest Airlines gives you the right to be the captain of your seat.
Passengers can use the “Change Flight” feature to modify their itinerary and ensure that every moment is enhanced with convenience and excitement. It is to be noted that this is possible only after SouthWest Airlines Seat Selection is done.
Guidelines of Southwest Airlines Flight Change Policy
The change flight feature of Southwest Airlines comes with certain rules and regulations:
- Southwest Airlines allows passengers to change their flight 10 minutes prior to the departure of the flight.
- The airline doesn’t charge any fee for changing the flight. However, passengers must pay the fare difference between the original and new flights booked.
- Passengers opting to change flights within 24 hours must ensure to check in for their new flight after making the changes. Check-in can be done online through the main Southwest Airlines website, mobile, or by getting in touch with the customer care executive of the airline.
- If you don’t change your flight, you can cancel it because the airline will consider it a “no-show.” Southwest Airlines will forfeit your ticket, and you cannot claim a refund or flight credit.
- Southwest Airlines allows the passenger to change their flight once per day.
- Changing flights to a different destination may be subject to fare restrictions.
Steps for Changing Flight
Southwest Airlines provides offline and online modes for passengers to change their flights. So it depends on the passenger to choose any of the methods according to their choice.
Change flight through the main website
Southwest Airlines allows the passenger to change their flight through their official website. Below are the steps jotted down to change Southwest flights.
- Visit the main page of Southwest Airlines.
- Click on “Manage Reservation.”
- Now you can click the “Change Flight” option on the right-hand side.
- Fill in all the required fields.
- Change the flight and pay charges (if applicable).
- Once done, submit the request.
- Southwest Airlines will share the new itinerary on your registered mobile number or email.
Change flight on phone call
- Call on Southwest change flight phone number 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).
- Carefully listen and follow the IVR menu.
- Choose the option to speak with the live agent of the airline.
- Share all the flight and travel details with the agent and ask to change the flight.
- Pay the charges if there are any.
Southwest Airlines Same-day Flight Change
- Southwest Airlines allow same-day change feature making it more flexible for the passengers. This can be done through the main website of Southwest Airlines or by using the mobile app of Southwest Airlines.
- There are no Southwest Airlines change fees to change the flight with a new one on the same day. However, the airline only accepts it if it’s on the same itinerary.
- Passengers can only make reservations with the new flight if seats are available.
Does Southwest Airlines have 24-hour customer service?
Yes, Southwest Airlines provides 24/7 customer service to the passengers. Passengers can contact Southwest Airlines anytime by calling on customer care service number.
How can I change my name on Southwest Airlines reservations?
Southwest Airlines allows passengers to make changes only if it is due to legal changes like marriage or divorce. The best way to change the itinerary’s name is by contacting the agent at Southwest Airlines.