Empower your travel decisions with the amazing Scandinavian Airlines change flight policy. Life is full of surprises and the carrier believes that your travel plans should adapt accordingly. The revamped policy puts you in control, allowing you to effortlessly adjust your flight dates and timings to suit your evolving needs. So, no more stress or inconvenience, just the ease of modifying your journey.
Scandinavian Airlines Flight Changing Manual
There are different procedures for changing your flight that are allowed by the airline. Let us tell you about all the methods with detailed information.
Online Flight Change Process
Making changes to your flight on the online platform of the carrier is a hassle-free process. Have a look at the steps that you can carry out in this procedure below.
- Navigate to the official website of the carrier i.e. www.flysas.com on your favorite search engine.
- You will see the “My Bookings” tab on the homepage of the carrier. Click on it to proceed further.
- Under this tab, enter your booking reference and last name in the given fields. Then, click on the “Search” button.
- On your flight booking information page, click on the “Change Booking” section.
- Now, select the flight in which you would like to make changes.
- In the next step, choose your traveling dates or times and select the “Continue” button.
- After this, you need to enter your payment details and pay the required amount shown on your screen.
- Click on the “Confirm Change” button and soon you will receive the details of your new flight to your registered email address.
Offline Procedure Of Flight Change
You can also complete the change flight process via the offline method. You can do this if you are unable to change it through the website.
The Scandinavian Airlines change flight phone number will connect you to the customer service center of the carrier. There are two contact numbers that you can dial – +1 800 221 2350 and +1 201 896 3600.
You can speak to the personnel and change your flight according to the Eastern Standard Time Zone from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday. The operating hours of these numbers on Saturdays and Sundays are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The steps you can stick to in the offline procedure are:
- After dialing the number on your keypad, follow the IVR prompts carefully and press the right digit that will connect you to the agent.
- As soon as your call is picked up, give your flight information to the personnel and express your wish to change it.
- They will retrieve your flight itinerary and ask you about new times and dates of travel. Tell them about it and proceed with the payment.
- Once they receive your payment, you will receive an email about your new flight including all its details.
Charges For Flight Change
The Scandinavian Airlines change fees apply per flight and traveler.
- If you have Pro tickets in any cabin class of the carrier, then you can change your unlimited times without any charges.
- Changing your flight on Bonus tickets requires you to pay $25 on domestic/European flights.
- You need to pay around $75 for changing to and from Asia/North America flights.
- Other flight ticket types can be changed by paying around $92 or equivalent local currency.
- Additionally, if there is any fare difference for your new flight, then it will also be applied to the change fees.
Terms And Conditions For Changing A Flight
It is recommended that you keep the points mentioned below in mind when you wish to change your flight with this air carrier.
- You can change your flight up to 1 hour prior to the departure if you hold an SAS regular ticket.
- You should contact the travel agency directly to change your flight if you bought the ticket from them.
- Changing your flight to a new one that costs more than your original ticket will require you to pay the difference.
- The SAS Bonus ticket allows you to change your flight up to the departure time. But, only if your points are still valid for Scandinavian Airlines’ change flight feature.
- You are permitted to change your flight on a regular ticket 361 days before the departure. Bonus ticket flights can be changed 330 days in advance of the departure.
Is name change allowed on the Scandinavian Airlines flight?
You are entitled to change the name on a flight ticket that is unused, provided that the flight is operated by the carrier itself. You can make a correction in the name or transfer your ticket to some other passenger in this process. Do note, that you cannot change the type of passenger (e.g. adult, child, youth) with this airline. You can contact the customer service of the carrier in order to complete the name change procedure.
Can I change my Scandinavian Airlines flight if I have checked in?
Yes, you may change your flight even if you have completed the check-in for it. It can be done by just removing the check-in before changing your flight. Most flights operating within Europe by this airline can be changed for a fee. Tickets bought through the official website of the carrier can be changed online easily. If you made the flight reservation in some other way, then you can call its customer service center.