Qatar has been renowned for the top-notch services and facilities that it provides to its passengers. The airline prioritizes the passenger’s needs and demands from booking to departure. What makes the airline an ideal choice is the Qatar Airways change flight policy that allows passengers to modify their itinerary according to the change in their travelling plans.
What is Qatar Airways Change Flight Policy?
Here is a list of certain guidelines associated with the change in flight policy of the airline:
- As per the airline’s change flight policy, flight changes are only accepted if the terms and conditions of the fare allow.
- The charges to change flights apply to every single transaction.
- The airline will only charge one fee in case of a flight change.
- Regardless of Advance Deposit Credit presence, the ticket re-issuance is mandatory for any change to the itinerary.
- The new fare or the ticket must have a fare equal to or higher value than the previously booked ticket.
- In case of bookings to a lower fare, the remaining value is non-refundable.
- The penalty for flight changes, no-shows, and re-issuance will be applied based on the most significant changes in fare components.
Steps to follow to Change Flight with Qatar Airways
The airline provides several methods for passengers to change their flights. From the online to offline method, passengers can use any medium to change the booked flight.
Change Flight Online
- Visit the official website of the airline.
- Search for the option “Manage Reservation” feature on the main page and click on it.
- Within the available options, search for the “Modify Flight” alternative within the options.
- You’ll need to provide a booking reference, an E-ticket number, and the passenger’s last name on the itinerary.
- Once you’ve entered these details, you can alter the flight arrangements based on your preferred changes.
- From the “Change Flight” option you can browse the flight options with seat availability.
- Choose the flight you want to fly in, make the payment for changes (if any) and you are all set to fly.
Change Flight Offline
- Dial the Qatar Airways change flight phone number 1 (877) 777-2827.
- Wait until you are connected with the live agent of the airline.
- Ask the agent to provide details of the available flight options to change your flight with.
- Change your flights with the available preferred flight option.
- Enquire about the change fee and associated charges, and pay for it to confirm the changes to your flight.
Note: The airline charges $25 as the service fee to change the flight over a phone call. This service fee is non-refundable.
Managing Applicability Changes through Re-issuance and Exchange
You can manage the changes through re-issuance before and after the departure of the flight:
Changes before the departure of the flight
- Penalties for changes made before departure include a charge or applicable charges in case of a no-show.
- The ticket must be re-issued or exchanged if a voluntary change is made, regardless of whether it affects the outbound or inbound flight.
- Any fare differences arising from the change will be applied according to the new fares and re-issue/exchange date rules.
Changes after the departure of the flight
- Penalties for changes made after the departure date will incur charges, including potential no-show fees. Additionally, the ticket must be re-issued or exchanged.
- The updated fare will be calculated based on the fares applicable on the original ticket issuance date.
- The most significant penalty charges from the modified fare components will be implemented.
Charges to Change Flights with Qatar Airways
- The Qatar Airways change fees may range between $100-$125 depending on the fare type and the route. However, to enquire more about the passengers, you can directly contact the airline or call 1888-990-2621.
- Reissue/exchange and change fees will not be applied for cabin upgrades.
Can I change my flight on Qatar Airways for free?
The charges to change flight with the airline depends on the terms and conditions of the fare the passenger purchases. It is best to connect with the customer care department of the airline to have a clear idea of the change fee.
How can I pay for change fees with Qatar Airways?
The airline allows the passenger to pay the change fees either with credit or debit card. Adding to it further passengers can also pay the change flight fee with cash at the airport. However, changing flights at the airport can incur service charges as well.