Prepare for a journey of flexibility like never before! Japan Airlines Change flight policy unlocks a world of possibilities. Using this enchanting policy of the airline, passengers can easily have control of their itinerary. For this vacation, choose Japan Airlines as your ideal travel partner and waive goodbyes to all the rigid plans. Whether your travel plans shift like the cherry blossoms in spring or evolve like the seasons, the change flight policy adapts to your needs. Your dreams and your schedule – are now in perfect harmony. Discover the freedom to change!
An Overview About Japan Airlines Change Flight Policy
You can change your booking using the “Rebook” option on the “Manage booking” page of the JAL website if your original ticket meets the following criteria:
- Your ticket is an e-ticket bought on the JAL website (either through a PC or smartphone).
- The payment for the booking should be made using a credit card.
- The fare rules of your ticket allow for changes in reservations.
- The booking is not for an upgrade.
- The booking doesn’t include an infant without a seat.
- For changes before starting your travel, you can make online reservation changes up to 72 hours before the departure of the first flight.
- If you’ve already started your trip, online reservation changes are possible up to 24 hours before the original flight.
- The booking doesn’t involve Deutsche Bahn Rail Services (9B flight number).
- The booking doesn’t include any paid seat services.
- Sometimes, the tickets are not eligible to undergo a flight change process because of the terms and conditions of the charges. Kindly ensure to verify this at the time of reservation.
- A Ticket Service Fee will apply for transactions outside the JAL website.
- The air carrier allows the passenger to change at least 20 minutes before the departure. After this time slot, no changes to the flight will be accepted. However, you can claim for a refund in these scenarios.
- You can’t use the JAL change flight policy before you buy the ticket. If you want to change a booking you haven’t paid for, you need to cancel it and start over.
- Once a ticket is purchased, you can’t add new flights to it.
- Only the special saver fare offered by the airline can’t be changed even with a flight change fee.
Steps to Change Flight with Japan Airlines
Accessing the airline’s main website is the most convenient way to change flights without paying service charges. Apart from the airline’s official website, a service charge is applicable to change flights through the call centre or the airport reservation desk.
All the channels to change flights, along with their steps, are mentioned below for your reference:
Change Flight Online
- Pay a visit to the official website of the airline at https://www.jal.co.jp/in/en/
- In the upper middle space of the website, you can see the option of “Manage Booking.” Click on the option.
- Once you click on the option, a drop-down menu appears.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Manage Flight Booking.”
- If you are a JMB member, then log in using your credentials. Passengers without membership must fill in certain details like their first and last name, flight number, booking date, and reservation number.
- Once you fill in all the details, your booking will appear on the screen.
- Search for the “Change Flight” option under the reservation and click on it.
- Select your preferred flight and make the payment for the change flight penalty and fare difference (if any).
- Once you complete the payment, the airline will change your reservation.
Change Flight via Phone Call
- Dial up the Japan Airlines change flight phone number 1-800-JAL-FONE (1-800-525-3663) or +1-310-607-4160 (Outside the US and Canada).
- Wait until you are connected with the customer care executive of the airline.
- Once connected, share the intentions to change flight and then share the booking and flight details.
- Enquire with the agent about the availability of seats on another flight.
- Once you find your preferred flight, check for the applicable charges and make the payment.
- The airline will share the new itinerary with you at your registered email address.
Change Flight at the reservation desk
- You must visit your nearby airport to proceed with Japan Airlines change flight policy through the reservation desk.
- Visit the reservation desk at the airport.
- Share all your booking and travelling details with the airline’s agent.
- Check for the available flight options and select the one that suits your travel plans.
- Pay for the change flight fees to complete the JAL change flight process, and the airline will share the new itinerary with you.
Restrictions based on Fares
- Some changes can’t be done through the JAL website. If you need to make changes or have queries about fares that are not manageable on the website, kindly contact the JAL Call Center.
- For tickets purchased through convenience stores, online platforms, or ATM payments within 2 days of the departure date, reach out to the customer care executive directly for assistance.
- Fare with more than 3 segments is not eligible for the flight change policy.
- After the flight’s scheduled departure, no amendments can be made to the itinerary.
- Tickets can be purchased from the JAL Group domestic ticketing counter (city/airport), or the Domestic ticket desk isn’t eligible for a flight change.
- Changes for specific reservations cannot be processed on the website. Contact JAL Call Center if:
- Reservation used JMB Companion Fare or Discount for the Disabled.
- Reservation comprises only children aged 6 or 7.
- Reservation includes an adult with an infant (age 3 or younger).
- Reservation has segments with completed boarding.
Involuntary Flight and Reservation Changes
Changes within the same sector of the flight are referred to as reservation changes.
Tickets Eligible for Reservation changes
- JAL international tickets (tickets issued by JAL with numbers beginning in 131) that have a booking on a delayed or cancelled JAL Group flight.
- Non-JAL international tickets that have a booking on a delayed or cancelled JAL Group flight (restricted to delayed/cancelled JAL Group segment only).
- Get in touch with the respective mileage program for JAL award tickets released by other carriers.
Charges to Change Flights with Japan Airlines
The Japan Airlines change fees vary depending on the fare type and method of changing the flight.
- The airline charges a nominal service fee to change flights via the call centre or reservation desk.
- Approximately $75-$150 is charged per passenger to change the flight. The charges can change because of various factors. It is best to confirm the change flight penalty with the airline.
How many times can I change my flight for free with Japan Airlines?
Tickets eligible during the specified period (*1) allow unlimited free changes for all flight sectors. Changes outside this period (*1) grant one free change for the first sector and unrestricted free changes for subsequent sectors. After the first change, fare rules (*2) apply.
What if I change my flight to a cheaper flight with Japan Airlines?
If the passenger changes the flight to a cheaper airfare, then the airline may refund the fare difference or the remaining balance.