Hawaiian Airlines is always ready to assist the passenger in any situation, be it the change in the travel plan itself. The airlines understand that the travel plan can change unexpectedly. Hawaiian Airlines change flight policy is made accordingly to assist the passenger during these tricky times when a change in travel plans also demands a flight change. Passengers can easily change the departure date, time, or even destination. They can also use the same-day change feature to save themselves from last-minute surprises. Experience the freedom to adapt and explore the beauty of Hawaii and beyond.
Hawaiian Airlines Change Flight Policy Details
Below are the all initial terms for changing Hawaiian Airlines flights:
Limitations and Guidelines Flight Change Policy
Hawaiian Airlines flight change policy has certain limitations and guidelines that the passenger must be aware of before changing flights with Hawaiian Airlines.
- Hawaiian Airlines allows the passenger to change the flight within 24 hours of booking without any additional charge in the form of flight change fees. However, this rule only applies to Hawaiian Airlines flight tickets purchased a week before departure.
- Passengers who choose to modify their flight beyond the initial 24-hour period will incur a change fee.The airlines will calculate the fee according to the fare type bought by the passenger.
- If the passenger changes the flight to a higher class, the airline will charge a fare difference in addition to the change fees.
- Conversely, if the passenger switches the flight to a lower class, the remaining amount will be refunded to the passenger as a travel credit.
Steps to change Hawaiian Airlines flight
Hawaiian Airlines provides flexibility to passengers to change flights simply at their fingertips. Passengers can choose from various options, including an online website, mobile app, or connecting with the agent of Hawaiian Airlines.
Change flight online
- Visit the main website of Hawaiian Airlines.
- Search for the “Manage Booking” section.
- Now fill in the confirmation number along with your last name.
- Once done with the information, you can retrieve your trip.
- All the bookings you have made in the past with Hawaiian Airlines will appear on your screen.
- Now select the flight you want to change from the reservation list.
- Click the “Change Flight” button and select from the drop-down menu.
- Choose from the options available below to change the flight.
- Pay if there are any Hawaiian Airlines change fees or fare differences to change the flight.
- The airline will share the itinerary in your email.
Change flight via the mobile app
- Install the mobile app of Hawaiian Airlines.
- Sign to your account or create one if you don’t have any.
- Search for the “My Trips” option.
- Select the flight you want to make changes with.
- Switch it with the available option.
- Pay the required fee and receive the new itinerary.
Change flight on a phone call
- Call on Hawaiian Airlines Change flight phone number 1-800-367-5320.
- Connect with the customer care executive at Hawaiian Airlines.
- Share all the flight details with the agent.
- Choose from the available flight options.
- The agent will share the new itinerary with you.
Policy for Same-day Flight Changes
In some cases, passengers may face sudden emergencies that demand the same-day flight change. Hawaiian Airlines makes it easier for the passenger to change the flight on the same day of departure.
- Passengers with Pualani Platinum or Gold Member can arrive at the airport and stand by for an earlier Neighbor Island flight.
- Corporate Customers who have booked the flight through the Corporate Web Portal can opt for same-day flight change or standby.
- If you have already checked in for baggage on your confirmed, you can opt for a same-day flight change.
- If the standby flight you want to fly in departs in less than 30 minutes, you won’t be able to change the flight.
Same-day standby with Hawaiian Airlines
As per the change flight feature, before proceeding to request the same-day standby flight, passengers must consider the below-mentioned conditions:
Baggage to check-in
- Passengers with baggage to check in must visit the customer service desk located in the airport lobby.
- Inform the agent that you want a standby flight for an earlier Neighbor Island flight.
- Ensure that your baggage is tagged with your requested standby flight information.
- If there is availability on the flight, then the agent will keep your confirmed reservation and add your name to the standby list of the earlier flight.
- You can head over to the standby flight’s gate.
- Complete the check-in process using web check-in, the kiosk at the airport, or with an airport customer service agent.
- If you used our web check-in or kiosk to check in, please approach a customer service agent from Hawaiian Airlines at the airport before going through security. Let them know you would like to be on standby for an earlier Neighbor Island flight.
- Passengers completing check-in at Honolulu International Airport can now go through security and notify the service podium agent located by Gate 56.
- If you’ve requested, Hawaiian Airlines will retain your original confirmed flight reservation and add your name(s) to the standby list for an earlier flight.
How late can I change my Hawaiian Airlines flight?
You can modify your Hawaiian Airlines flight without incurring any change fees if you do so at least 60 days before your scheduled departure. However, if you change your flight within 59 days of your departure date, the possibility of incurring a change fee will depend on the type of fare you selected.
What if I need to change my flight because of a flight cancellation?
If your Hawaiian Airlines flight gets canceled, you can receive a refund or be placed on another flight. If you decide to rebook your flight on another Hawaiian Airlines flight, you will not be required to pay a change fee.