Frontier Airlines is a great option for passengers with unpredictable schedules who understand that life can bring unexpected changes. Frontier recognizes that flexibility is sometimes needed when it comes to travel plans. Frontier Airlines change flight policy is designed to assist passengers who wish to modify their flights. Frontier Airlines values a seamless journey for customers, and their change in flight policy is in place to guarantee that.
General Guidelines of Frontier Airlines Change Flight Policy
It’s always better to read all the terms and conditions under the flight change policy just to save yourself from extra charges. All the important and useful guidelines for the Frontier flight change are jotted down below:
- All passengers booking with Frontier Airlines can change it within 24 hours of booking without incurring any other extra charge or fine.
- Frontier Airlines charges a change fee if the passenger opts to change the flight after the allotted time.
- In medical emergencies, passengers can change their flight easily by submitting the required documents to the airline.
- In case of delays or cancellations from Frontier Airlines, you don’t have to worry because the airline will be responsible for re-booking another flight on your behalf.
Steps to change a flight on Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines prioritizes passenger flexibility and offers various methods for changing flights. Passengers can choose the most convenient way to make changes, whether through online channels or by visiting the airport. Here is a simplified explanation of the process for changing flights with Frontier Airlines:
Through Online Mode
- Visit the main website of Frontier Airlines at https://www.flyfrontier.com/
- Log in to your profile and find your flight through the “My Trip” option on the main page.
- Now look for the “Change Flight” option and click on it.
- Once you retrieve your booking select the date and time you want to change your flight. However, passengers won’t be able to choose another destination.
- Choose the new flight from the available option and continue with the same process of booking a flight. Passengers will go through all the processes, including seat selection, baggage options, and more.
- On the upper right-hand corner of the website, next to the cart icon, passengers can check for the fare difference. To get the breakdown of the total fare, click on the cart.
Note: If you cannot change the flight or face any confusion, you can land on the customer support page or call Frontier Airlines to change your flight phone number to 1 (801) 401-9000.
Charges to change Frontier flight
The Frontier Airlines change fees depend on when the passenger opts to change the flight. You can consider the below charges if you plan to change your flight booked with Frontier Airlines.
- There are no charges if the passenger changes the flight within 24 hours of booking or 60 days before departure.
- In case of a flight change from 5 to 7 days before the scheduled departure, the airline will charge $49.
To make the changes within 6 days prior or same day will charge $99 per individual.
Same-day change flight policy of Frontier Airlines
Passengers can either choose same-day confirmed changes or stand-by travel if they want to change the flight on the same day of travel.
Same-day confirmed changes
- You can change to an earlier or later flight on the day of travel, subject to availability and for a non-refundable fee per person.
- The airports within specific groups will be considered the same city for same-day confirmed and standby purposes.
- Suppose your original booking involves airports within the same group. In that case, you can request a same-day confirmed alternate flight or standby travel to another airport within the group, provided a seat is available. This option is available for a fee, as described above.
Same-Day Flights to Alternative Airports (Sister Cities):
- Orlando, FL (MCO), Tampa, FL (TPA), Sarasota, FL (SRQ), Fort Myers, FL (RSW), West Palm Beach, FL (PBI)
- Miami, FL (MIA), Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL), Jacksonville, FL (JAX)
- New Orleans, LA (MSY), Pensacola, FL (PNS)
- Atlanta, GA (ATL), Savannah, GA (SAV), Charleston, SC (CHS), Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR), Charlotte, NC (CLT), Raleigh, NC (RDU), Knoxville, TN (TYS), Norfolk, VA (ORF)
- Nashville, TN (BNA), Memphis, TN (MEM), Little Rock, AR (LIT), Bentonville/Fayetteville, AR (XNA), Oklahoma City, OK (OKC), Dallas, TX (DFW), Tulsa, OK (TUL)
- Frontier provides FRONTIER ELITEs with the option to standby for an earlier or later flight on the same day of their original travel, without additional fees.
- Standby travel applies only to eligible tickets and must adhere to the originally booked itinerary. If you were initially scheduled for a nonstop flight, you cannot add a connecting flight or vice versa.
- If you qualify for standby travel, you can request a seat on another flight on your day of travel. To do so, you can approach the airport ticket counter or gate.
- Standby travel is subject to availability and is not guaranteed.
Steps to avoid flight change fees with Frontier Airlines
In order to waive the change flight fees while proceeding with Frontier Airlines change flight option, passengers can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- While booking with Frontier Airlines, passengers can add a few different bundles, including “The Works Bundle” and “Flight Flexibility.”
- Adding these extra bundles to the fare bought can free passengers from the change or cancellation fees. However, in case of a flight change, the passenger must pay the fare difference.
- Although the fare with these bundles may appear expensive, it can be worth it if you face any last-moment surprises.
How can I change my name for a ticket bought from Frontier Airlines?
Passengers can change their names while keeping the same itinerary. But for this, they are expected to pay the difference between the already paid and the current fare selling for the same itinerary.
What is a schedule change feature of Frontier Airlines?
Regarding the schedule change feature of Frontier Airlines, it is a planned change that occurs before the departure. Frontier Airlines may make some adjustments to accommodate changes to aircraft or routes.
What if I don’t want the schedule change?
The schedule changes made by Frontier Airlines are minor. But even if you don’t want these, then the airline has other flight options ready for you. If a schedule change occurs, the airline will share the notification through email.