Enjoy the liberty to modify your journey with the help of Copa Airlines’ change flight policy. Your plans can now adapt as easily as the winds change. Whether it is a spontaneous adventure or a well-thought-out trip, this air carrier has got you covered. Explore the world on your terms and set out on a seamless journey of endless possibilities.
How To Make Changes To Your Copa Flight?
You can easily make changes to your flight itinerary by contacting its call center, visiting one of the sales offices, or through My Trips at the online portal. We are going to discuss these ways in detail below.
Online Flight Change
To make changes in your flight journey through the online platform, follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to the official website of the carrier at www.copaair.com on your preferred browser.
- Select the “My Trips” tab displayed in the second position at the header of the homepage.
- Now, a new page will open where you have to enter your reservation code or e-ticket number along with your last name.
- Once your reservation opens, click on the “Change Itinerary” option for Copa Airlines to change flights.
- Your flight itinerary and the option to select a new date or time will be displayed.
- Then, you will be able to see the value of the change which will include penalties, fare difference, or taxes that apply.
- In the event that any charge is applied for the change. You will find a payment screen to enter the payment method data.
- Add your payment details to proceed with the issuance of a new ticket. If there are no charges, then the new ticket will be automatically issued.
Policy Regarding Flight Change Online
There are a few key terms and conditions under the Copa Airlines change flight policy. You need to be aware of them before you start the process of flight change.
- The airline allows only one change to the itinerary after the first 48 hours of issuing the ticket.
- It applies only to purchase tickets on the online platform i.e. the website that is not completely used.
- You cannot make changes to group reservations, agency tickets, or tickets issued by another airline.
- Ticket changes are allowed during specific timeframes and according to flight availability.
- In case you request a change to only one portion of the itinerary. Then the result could generate a fare change that will be applied to all the flights, even that you didn’t select. This could translate into better benefits or loss of them.
- The change cost might vary on the basis of the original fare details. If the change cost is lower than the original, you will receive a travel credit for a future flight. Some taxes previously paid may not be refundable.
- You need to select the seats again after completing the flight change. If you already purchased seats, you can buy equivalent seats on the next flight. However, it is possible that the seat type you selected before might not be available on the new flight.
Flight Change Via Call
You can connect with a representative of the airline and explain your query to make changes to our flight. The Copa Airlines change flight phone number is +1 786 840 COPA (2672). The officials are available Monday-Sunday from 5 am to 11 pm.
They will first ask about your booking details and check if you are eligible to make changes or not. Once it is verified, you just need to pay the flight change amount (if any) and you will be given a new ticket shortly.
Same-Day Flight Change
Copa Airlines offers the “Same Day Change – Fly Early” option. It allows you to move your flight to a more convenient time on the same day as the originally booked trip. And it can be done free of charge.
There are a few conditions mentioned below to make same-day changes.
- This change does not apply to your Basic Economy ticket.
- You can request to change your flight only at airports within 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure of your original flight.
- It applies only to changes on the same date.
- Your origin and destination also must be the same because route changes are not permitted.
- You can make these changes only to Copa Airlines flights and not any other airlines.
How much is the cost to change my flight ticket with Copa Airlines?
As per the rules of your fare, there may be charges when you want to change your flight or date. The same fare you originally purchased might not be available at the time you make those changes. So, you will have to pay the difference between the original fare and the new one as Copa Airlines change fees.
How long is my changed flight ticket valid on Copa Airlines?
The new ticket you received after changing your flight will remain valid for transportation for one year after its issue. The issue date for the ticket is on which payment was made, or the receipt date stated on the ticket.
What are the payment modes accepted for Copa flight changes?
The forms of payment with which you can pay for your flight changes are:
3. American Express
4. Diners Club