Are you a traveller with plans that often shift like the winds? Have you ever heard of or wondered about the flexibility of China Airlines change flight policy? The airline understands that travel plans can witness some unexpected changes. For shifting travel plans, the airline has changed the flight policy to assist passengers in changing flights. So, if you are a frequent flyer or an occasional traveller, with us, find the answers to your popping questions about the flight change policy of the airline.
A Guide for China Airlines Change Flight Policy
Undoubtedly, the change in flight policy of the airline can turn out to be a saver, but only if you understand the rules and regulations associated with the flight change policy. Here’s a general guide for the passenger who plans to opt for a change flight policy of the airline.
- The change or rebooking is only applicable for tickets issued through the China Airlines Website. Irrespective of the channel of reservation, fares directly brought from the airline qualify for the change flight policy.
- The change flight policy of the airline is not applicable for:
- Upgrade with miles tickets or Award tickets.
- Multi-city and stopover itineraries.
- Tickets booked with add-on chargeable services (e.g., Pre-paid Baggage).
- Bookings modified by Customer Center or Branch Office.
- This function only allows changing flight dates and times. To change the route, passengers must get in touch with the airline’s customer care department.
- If the passenger opts to change the flight, then it will apply to all passengers in the same booking.
- The airline won’t be responsible for changing the flight booked by any third-party website or agent. In this case, the passenger must get in contact with the third-party agent.
- Fare recalculated based on fare rules, fare difference and service charge collected.
- If special services were requested on the original flight, including meal, seat, and wheelchair, re-select after completing the China Airlines change flight process or contact the customer centre.
Methods to Change Flight with China Airlines
Apart from changing routes, all the other flight changes can be made through the airline’s official website. To make route changes, passengers must contact the department’s customer care executive.
All the methods to change flight, along with their steps, are mentioned below:
Change Flight via Online Mode
To change the flight online mode by using the official website of the airline, passengers can abide by the steps jotted down below:
- Visit the official website of the airline.
- Once the homepage of the official website opens, spot the option of “Manage Booking.” Click on the “Manage Booking” option.
- To retrieve the booking, fill in the same reference number and first and last name on the itinerary.
- Once the booking appears, click on it and check for the “Change Flight” option.
- Check out the available flights according to the changes in your travel plans.
- Select the flights that match your preference.
- Pay for the change flight fee and fare difference (if any).
- Once done, the airline will share the modified itinerary with you on your registered email address
Change Flight via Offline Mode
As mentioned earlier, to change the flying routes of the airline, the passenger has to contact the airline’s customer care executive. Follow these steps to change the flight via phone call.
- Call on China Airlines change flight phone number +86-400-888-6998 to speak with the live agent of the airline.
- You must have all the flight and booking details ready as the agent will ask for them to retrieve your booking.
- Ask for the available flight options with the agent of the airline and select the one according to your preference.
- Enquire about the change flight fees and the fare difference.
- Make the payment, and the airline will share the new itinerary with you.
China Airlines 24-hours Change Policy
This policy aims to help passengers who may have accidentally chosen the wrong flight or made other mistakes while booking. You won’t have to pay any extra fees if you request these changes within 24 hours of making the initial reservation. Here are the main points of the 24-hour change policy:
- You won’t have to pay any fees if you follow the 24-hour change policy.
- This policy allows changes for valid airline tickets without any additional costs.
- Remember that the 24-hour policy doesn’t cover tickets booked through reward programs or promotional codes.
- You can make free changes within the first 24 hours of purchasing the ticket. If it’s been more than 24 hours, the standard fee rates will apply for any further changes to your booking.
Charges to Change Flight with China Airlines
The China Airlines change fees vary depending on whether the change is made within 24 hours of booking or after 24 hours of booking.
- No change fee if made within 24 hours of booking.
- Change fee applies after 24-hours of booking based on fare type:
- Economy Flex: $50
- Economy Classic: $100
- Economy Discount: $150
- Premium Economy: $150
- Business Class: $200
Note: The charges mentioned above are inaccurate and subject to change. It is advisable to get in touch with the customer care executive of the airline to have a clear idea about the charges to change flights.