The Etihad Airways cancellation policy empowers you to travel on your own terms. The airline ensures a smooth experience with transparent procedures and zero-hassle cancellations. Your comfort and convenience are at the heart of everything that this air carrier does.
Factors To Consider Before Canceling Your Etihad Airways Flight
Below are a few points you should think about before you plan to cancel your flight ticket.
- Make sure to check that your ticket has not been used and is refundable with or without the cancellation fees.
- The ticket you want to cancel should have been issued more than five days ago and you should purchase it with only one credit card.
- It is not possible to reverse your cancellation for the concerned flight.
- Your bank might charge additional processing fees in order to cancel your ticket.
How To Cancel Your Flight With Etihad Airways?
There are several procedures by which you can cancel your flight ticket. And we are going to discuss them in detail below.
Over The Phone
This can be the easiest way to get in touch with a live representative of the carrier and share your concern regarding the flight cancellation.
The number which you can dial on your smartphone for customer service is +1 877 690-0767. Then, listen to the IVR instructions carefully. Choose your preferred language and click on the right key to speak to an official.
Online Flight Cancellation
The fastest method for Etihad Airways cancel flight is by visiting the official website of the airline. Follow these prompts:
- Type www.etihad.com on your electronic device and navigate through the website.
- Click on the “Manage Booking” tab displayed at the top of the homepage.
- You will be directed to a new page where you have to enter your booking reference or ticket number and last name.
- Once your flight details are retrieved, go to the menu and select the “cancel flight” option.
- Then follow the instructions to complete your cancellation for the selected flight.
- Soon, Etihad will send you the information regarding your canceled flight to your registered email address or phone number.
In case you have arrived at the airport and then want to cancel your flight. Then, it is an extremely easy process. Find the ticket counter or helpdesk of the air carrier at the airport. Talk to the executive and provide your required documents to them. They might also need your passport, govt. ID to verify your ticket.
Then, the representative will start the process of canceling your flight and may charge you a service fee. Pay the desired amount and they will give you a cancellation receipt or number. It can come in handy when you request a refund from the airline.
Fees For Flight Cancellation
The fee for canceling your flight is applied on the basis of your route and the fare that you have booked. And if you have reserved multiple fares, then the most restrictive fare rule is applicable.
Your refund will be subject to the fare rules of your original ticket if you wish to cancel your flight.
Making a flight cancellation within 96 hours of your flight will incur an additional fee of 10%.
If you miss your flight, a no-show and change fee will be charged to you. Try telling the airline as early as possible in this case. Because if you don’t, your onward or return flight might be canceled.
Note: To check the cancellation fee for your specific booking, log in to your Etihad account and view your itinerary. The exact rules for your fare and how much you will be charged will be given there.
When will I get a refund for my Etihad Airways canceled flight?
Once your flight is canceled and it is eligible for a refund. Then, Etihad Airways begins the process. And it takes between 14 to 30 working days for the refunds to appear on your card or bank statement. Also, keep in mind that the extra services and global service fees are non-refundable.
Can I cancel my Etihad Airways flight within 24 hours of booking?
Yes, you can surely cancel your flight with this airline within the next 24 hours of your flight reservation. Etihad Airways gives the benefit of receiving a full refund to the guests in the United States for canceling in this timeframe. But, for this, your flight departure should be at least 7 days away from the booking.