Due to some unforeseen situation, if you are planning to cancel your Emirates flight, then you are at the right place.
This article is specially designed for you to understand Emirates Airlines cancellation policy. Here, you will get all the details about the policy. Along with that, you will get the step-by-step procedure to cancel your flight before the deadline.
Overview Of Emirates Airlines Cancellation Policy
There are some points about the cancellation policy that you must read before you take a step to cancel your Emirates flight;
- This airline allows both refundable and non-refundable flights can be cancelled without any charges within 24 hours of flight booking.
- If you book your flight on emirates.com/us and the departure is 7 days or more from the date of booking, you can cancel your flight for free within 24 hours of booking.
- If you have not used your ticket flight, then you can cancel the flight.
- If you do not show up at the airport on time then the airline will cancel your flight.
- Due to some medical emergency, you can cancel your flight without any charges or problems.
- Due to flight delays, you can cancel your Emirates flight.
Ways to Cancel Emirates Flight
If you have purchased a flight via the Emirates Airline, then you will get 3 different and easy ways to cancel the flight.
Start by visiting the official Emirates website using your preferred web browser. Once you are done, you can follow the below-given steps;
- On the Emirates’ website, locate and click on the “Log In” or “My Account” section, which is usually found at the top right corner of the page.
- Log in or Sign in to the Emirates Account.
- After logging in, navigate to the “Manage Booking” or “My Trips” section, where you can access and modify your existing flight reservations.
- You will need to retrieve your booking using either the booking reference (also known as PNR – Passenger Name Record) or your last name as it appears on the reservation.
- Enter the required information in the designated fields and click on the “Search” or “Find Booking” button.
- Your booked flights should now be displayed. Identify the specific Emirates flight that you wish to cancel, and click on the “Cancel Flight” or “Cancel Booking” option next to it.
- A confirmation screen will likely appear, requesting your final confirmation to proceed with the cancellation. Carefully review the details of the flight to be canceled to ensure it’s the correct one. If you are certain about the cancellation, click on the “Confirm Cancellation” or “Emirates Airlines Cancel Flight” button.
- Once the cancellation is confirmed, you should receive a confirmation email from Emirates. This email will contain important information, such as the amount to be refunded (if applicable) and any cancellation fees, depending on the fare conditions and the time of cancellation.
If you encounter any problem in online mode, then it is always a good option to contact Emirates customer service for assistance. They will be able to provide you with personalized support and guidance to cancel the flight based on your individual circumstances.
- Locate the Emirates customer service phone number on their website or booking confirmation.
- Call the airline representative and provide your booking details, such as the booking reference or ticket number.
- Request to cancel the specific flight you want to cancel.
- Confirm any applicable cancellation fees or refund details with the representative.
- Follow any additional instructions given by the airline representative to complete the cancellation process.
At the Airport
You can cancel your Emirates flight at the airport, but you will likely not be able to get a full refund. The amount of the refund will depend on the fare type you purchased and how far in advance you cancel your flight.
To cancel your flight at the airport, you will need to go to the Emirates check-in counter and speak to a customer service representative. They will be able to help you cancel your flight and process a refund.
Here are the steps on how to cancel your Emirates flight at the airport:
- Go to the Emirates check-in counter at the airport.
- Speak to a customer service representative and let them know that you want to cancel your flight.
- Provide the customer service representative with your flight information, such as your booking reference number and the date of your flight.
- The customer service representative will check your fare type and how far in advance you are cancelling your flight.
- If everything goes well the concerned representative will cancel your flight.
- After that, you will receive a cancellation mail on your registered e-mail id.
Emirates Flight Cancellation Fees
Emirates Airlines does not have fixed fees for flight cancellations. However, you can check out the approximate cancellation charges for clearance;
|Economy Class||USD 75 to 200|
|Business Class||USD 300 to 400|
|First Class||USD 200 to 400|
Emirates Cancellation Eligibility
The airline offers various assistance and benefits to passengers whose flight has been cancelled. To check whether you are eligible for the assistance and benefits, take a look at the pointers below;
- If your flight gets cancelled by the airline.
- If the flight was scheduled to be operated by Emirates or its partnered airlines.
- In case the flight that got cancelled was planned to be departed from an airport in the EU.
- If you hold a confirmed reservation for the flight that got cancelled.
- You have complete the check-in for the cancelled flight.
- You are not traveling for free or at a discounted rate that is not made directly or indirectly accessible to the general public.
Note: If you are flying on a frequent flyer program or as a part of a package vacation, then you will not be considered free travel.
What is Emirates 24- hours cancellation policy?
Emirates Airlines offers a 24-hour cancellation policy for flights originating from the United States or Canada. This means that you can cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking and receive a full refund, as long as the flight is more than 7 days away.
How to cancel a third party Emirates flight?
Emirates Airlines does not allow you to cancel a flight that you booked through a third party agency. So, to cancel your flight, you will have to reach out to the agency only. Provide them with your flight information and they will help you to cancel your flight.