Planning a trip is exhilarating, but sometimes life throws unexpected curveballs. Moreover, when it comes to air travel, it becomes hectic to cancel the booked flights if the airline doesn’t have a supporting policy. But not with Allegiant Air. The Allegiant Air cancellation policy has your back even if you look forward to cancelling your flight for any reason. So if you are looking forward to cancelling the flight booked with this airline and are unaware of the process, you have landed at the right place. In this write-up below, we will discover everything from policies to steps for flight cancellation.
A Guide to Allegiant Air Cancellation Policy
The airline’s cancellation policy applies to every fare type, cabin class and class of service. However, the cancellation policy is associated with certain rules and regulations the passenger must know before initiating the cancellation process. Additionally, the cancellation policies differ when considering the Trip Flex program.
Flight bookings cannot be cancelled within 7 days of the scheduled departure. You must have purchased a trip flex subscription to receive credit for the booking.
Cancellation policy for fare booked with Trip Flex
- Passengers with Flex Trip can cancel the reservation even 1 hour before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- The cancellation charges are waived for fares with Trip Flex and are limited to one-time usage per passenger.
- Trip Flex allows flexibility but future cancellations follow standard airline policies, fees, and time frames.
- If you cancel Trip Flex within 24 hours of purchase, you are eligible for a refund, provided the associated flight segment remains unused or unflown.
- Cancelling Trip Flex online via the airline’s website will result in issuing a non-transferable, non-refundable credit travel voucher.
- The credit travel voucher obtained from Trip Flex has a designated value, and you must complete your travel within two years from the original purchase date. Under no circumstances can the voucher’s validity be extended beyond this period.
- For vacation packages booked under the Trip Flex program, cancellations must be made at least 72 hours before the scheduled departure.
Cancellation policy for fare booked without Trip Flex
- To avoid fees, the Allegiant Air cancel flight process must be made at least 7 days before the scheduled departure.
- No cancellations or flight change requests are allowed within 7 days of the travel date.
- If the terms and conditions of your itinerary qualify, you’ll receive a non-refundable, non-transferable voucher for future travel.
- Make the voucher issued by the airline only valid for travel within 1 year from the original purchase date.
- Adding to it further, the voucher’s validity cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- Once the Allegiant check-in request is completed, cancellations are not permitted.
Steps to Cancel Allegiant Flight
The airline provides several channels to cancel the flight to make it convenient for the passenger. However, it depends on the passenger choosing the channel that suits them the best.
Cancel Allegiant Flight Online
- Passengers can visit https://www.allegiantair.com/
- Once you open the airline’s home page, look for the option “Manage Booking.”
- Click on the option.
- Fill in your six-digit flight confirmation number and your surname on the itinerary.
- Now choose the flight that you want to cancel.
- Moving to the next page, you will see the cancellation fee and refund calculated on the screen.
- Follow the steps appearing on the screen.
- By doing so, you will be able to complete the cancellation process. Once the process is complete, the airline will share the confirmation on your registered email address.
Cancel Allegiant Flight over the phone
- You can call (702) 505-8888 or 1-888-990-2621 to cancel the flight.
- Share all the details with the agent.
- Enquire about the cancellation charges.
- The agent will share the confirmation of cancellation on your contact details.
Cancel Allegiant Flight at the airport
- Last-minute flight cancellation is only available for bookings with Trip Flex added.
- To qualify for Allegiant Air cancellation policy, a fee of 175 USD will be required at the airport.
- For all flights within the US, passengers can cancel their flight up to 1 hour before the scheduled departure.
- Important: Trip Flex must be added to the booking to be eligible for the flexible cancellation option.
Charges to Cancel A Flight with Allegiant Air
- Allegiant Airlines offers customers an affordable cancellation penalty, allowing them to cancel their bookings before the scheduled departure without incurring a fee.
- If you cancel your reservation within 24 hours of booking, no cancellation fee will be charged, per the Allegiant Airlines cancellation policy.
- The cancellation fee may vary depending on whether you have subscribed to the Trip Flex subscription.
Cancellation charges for booking with Trip Flex
As per the Allegiant Air cancellation policy, the cancellation charge varies depending on whether the booking is made with or without Trip Flex.
- The airline charges a fee of 175 USD to cancel the booking with Trip Flex. Bookings with Trip Flex are eligible for a refund and can be cancelled within 7 days before the departure.
- On the other side, booking without Trip Flex will incur a charge of 200 USD as a cancellation fee. Moreover, they are not eligible for a refund or can’t be cancelled within 7 days of departure.
What if Allegiant cancels the flight?
Sometimes Allegiant has to cancel flights, causing inconvenience to passengers. To help, they offer new flight options and fully refund the booking amount if passengers don’t want the replacement flight.
How to cancel Allegiant flights on the mobile app?
First, passengers must download the Allegiant flight app on mobile phones. Once installed, they can access the “Manage My Trips” option to cancel their tickets. Inside the app, there will be a “Customize Your Trip” box. To cancel, click on the box.