Have the advantage of supreme modification and exceptional convenience with Qantas Airways’ cancellation policy. Whether it is a sudden change of plans or unforeseen circumstances, trust this air carrier to handle it all. Enjoy stress-free travel with them, because your satisfaction is paramount here.
Qantas Airways Cancellation Policy Details
Below is the guide for Flight Cancellation Policy:
Things To Know Regarding Cancellation
Before canceling your flight, there are some things to consider. Below are the details.
- You should check your fare type for the conditions that apply to your flights and any fees that might apply. If you are not sure about your booking type, you can visit Manage Booking and see your flight details.
- All passengers in your booking are entitled to flight cancellation. If you wish to cancel the flight for an individual, then you need to separate them from the booking first.
There are some more points in case there are additional items in your flight reservation.
- If you have pre-selected a seat, pre-purchased extra baggage, or made a car hire reservation. Then, these will be canceled only when you cancel your flight.
- In case you purchased travel insurance and it is included in your booking at the time of reservation. Make sure to contact your insurance provider directly for assistance with your booking.
- You won’t be able to cancel a flight if your booking has a hotel reservation in it. You need to contact this airline’s local office for canceling your flight and also connect with a Qantas Hotels agent to update your hotel booking.
Flight Canceling Procedures With Qantas Airways
Both online and offline flight bookings made directly with this airline can be canceled easily. We will discuss both processes in detail.
Follow the steps mentioned below to cancel your flight ticket on the online portal.
- Type www.qantas.com on your browser to land at the official website of the carrier.
- On the homepage, you will see the “Manage Booking” tab. Click on it and new fields will appear.
- Now, you can retrieve your booking by entering your booking reference and last name. You can find them in your confirmation email.
- Select the Flights panel from the sidebar menu once your flight information displays on the new page.
- Click on the red “Cancel/Voucher” button on the website.
- Lastly, you can select the option to create a flight refund or credit.
Note: If you are a Qantas Frequent Flyer or Business Rewards member. Then, you can log in to your account and select “Manage” in order to cancel your booking under the Qantas Airways cancellation policy.
There might be a chance that you are not able to select the “Cancel” button online. It could have been greyed out. Under this circumstance, you can contact the Qantas Office and complete your flight cancellation procedure.
Dial the number +1 1800 227 4500. It can be reached 24 hours, 7 days a week. Provide the personnel with your flight booking details correctly. They will verify the information and begin the process of canceling your flight.
Cancellation Fee With Qantas Airways
This airline offers four cabin classes and three fare types. The cancellation fee will depend on your point of origin and destination. Flex Fares of this airline can be canceled free of charge. Here is a summary of the amount you have to pay for the particular class and fare you bought.
Economy & Premium Economy Cabin
- For Sale Fare in these classes, a cancellation fee of $400 applies.
- You need to pay around $200 as a fee for canceling your flight in the Saver Fare.
Business & First Class
- A cancellation fee of $600 applies for the Sale Fares in these classes.
Approximately $300 is the cancellation fee for Saver Fares.
How can I separate an individual from a group to cancel the flight?
Firstly, you should know that you can only do this process online. And only some bookings are eligible for dividing. You will see the “Separate” button in your “Manage Booking” section. Once it is done, a new booking reference will be provided for the separated passenger. And then, you will be able to make any changes or cancel the flight.
What if I cancel my Qantas Pass booked flight?
If you have to cancel your flight with Qantas Pass, TravelPass, or Credit. You should go through the fare cancellation conditions for your booking on the official website of the air carrier. For Qantas Flight Credits, different conditions apply regarding cancellation. It depends on when your original booking was made and why the Flight Credit was issued.