Canceling a flight can be a painful task, but no worries. Porter Airlines cancellation policy has covered your back. This airline offers numerous ways to proceed with flight cancellation because your satisfaction is the supreme priority.
One of the easiest ways to cancel a flight without any hassle is by calling the customer care department at 416 619 8622. They would definitely help you to get your desired solution.
Everything You Need to Know About Porter Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
Before you proceed with your flight cancellation, you must know about the Porter cancellation policy.
- With this airline, you will be able to cancel your refundable or non-refundable flight on both domestic and international flights.
- In case, you do not show up at the airport, then you will be marked under the no-show policy and the airline will cancel your flight.
- The airline will not help you with flight cancellation if you bought your ticket via a third-party agency.
- Even with a non-refundable ticket, you can cancel your flight in case of sudden death or health illness situations.
Porter Airlines 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Porter Airlines offers a 24-hour refundability option on all fare types. This means that you can cancel your booking for a full refund for up to 24 hours after completion of the purchase, either online or by calling the Porter Call Centre.
However, this refundability option is available only to flights booked at least 7 days prior to departure. If you book a flight less than 7 days before departure, you will not be eligible for the 24-hour refundability option.
Some of the details of the 24-hour cancellation policy are given below;
- All the non-refundable tickets are eligible to get canceled within 24 hours without any fees.
- No rebooked flights will get access to 24 hours cancellation policy.
- In case you bought a fare ticket with frequent flyer points then also you cannot cancel your flight within 24 hours of the purchase without paying any fees.
- If you have 9 or more members under the group booking category then your reservations are not covered under Porter 24 hours cancellation policy. Your reservations will be under Porter Airlines’ group cancellation policy.
- After 24 hours the airline will charge cancellation fees.
Different Ways to Cancel Porter Flight Tickets
There are typically two ways through which you can proceed with Porter Airlines cancel flight procedure. One is online and the second one is offline.
Step-by-step procedures to complete your cancellation process are briefly elaborated below;
Online Cancellation Mode
If you want to complete the cancellation process at your house comfort then you can follow the pointers below;
- Go to the Porter Airlines website and log in to your account.
- Click on the “My Bookings” tab.
- Enter your confirmation number and last name.
- Click on the “Change/Cancel Flight” button.
- Select the “Cancel Flight” option.
- Review the cancellation terms and conditions.
- Click on the “Cancel Flight” button to confirm.
Offline Cancellation Mode
In case you encounter any problem with the online mode, then you can opt for the offline cancellation mode. You can do this by simply following the 6 easy steps mentioned below;
- Visit the Porter Airlines customer service desk at the airport.
- Provide your confirmation number and last name.
- Explain that you would like to cancel your flight.
- Review the cancellation terms and conditions.
- Sign the cancellation form.
- Pay the flight canceling charges (if any).
Porter Airlines Charges For Flight Cancellation
If you cancel your flight after the given time slot then the airline will charge you some amount as a cancellation fee under its flight cancellation policy. To know how much money you will have to pay as a fee, check out the table given below;
|Fare Features||Standard Class Ticket||Flexible Class Ticket|
|Flight Cancellation within 45 days of departure||$100(1) / $150(2)||$0(2) / $50(1)|
|Flight Cancellation outside 45 days of departure||$25(1) / $150(2)||No Charges will be applied|
|Flight cancellations for VIPorter points redemptions||$50||$25|
|Same-day cancellation on the day of flight departure||$150||$0(2) / $75(1)|
|Same-day cancellation for direct flights between Toronto and Newark – New York (EWR); or between Toronto (YTZ) and Montréal (YUL) or Ottawa (YOW)||$100||$75|
Note: If you have bought a basic class ticket then after 24 hours of ticket booking you are not allowed to cancel your flight. However, if you have a freedom ticket then you can cancel your flight anytime and will not have to pay any flight cancellation fee under any circumstances.
Can I Cancel only a part of my itinerary and keep the rest of the flights?
Yes, you can cancel one part of your itinerary by keeping the rest of the flights intact. However, it might depend on the type of fare you chose and your status at the airline. If you are a member of Porter Airlines’ loyalty program then you might get more benefits. For more queries and exact information reach out to the airline or alternatively, you can contact us as well.
Can I cancel and transfer my Porter ticket to another person?
Porter Airlines does not offer refundable tickets, which simply means you cannot transfer your flight ticket. The only option you have is to cancel your flight and pay the cancellation fee if applicable. To get more details, you may contact Porter’s customer care department.
If my flight is cancelled will Porter Airlines book me on another flight?
Yes, if your flight gets cancelled because of the airline’s fault/glitch, then the airline will definitely rebook you on the next available flight to your destination without any charges. If you have provided genuine and correct contact details of yours during the initial reservation booking then you will receive the rebooked flight details and other necessary notifications to your phone number or email id.