Enjoy flexibility and peace of mind with Lufthansa Airlines’ cancellation policy. This air carrier totally understands that travel plans can often change without any warming. So, it has got you covered for any unforeseen circumstances. Embrace stress-free travel with this airline, where your comfort and satisfaction are top priorities.
Policy Regarding Cancellation Of A Flight With Lufthansa
According to the Lufthansa Airlines cancellation policy, you can enjoy a smooth process and even get compensation for your flight. Some of the key points in this policy are:
- You can request a cancellation for both restricted and non-restricted fares on international as well as domestic flights.
- Your ticket will be automatically canceled as per the no-show policy of the air carrier if you fail to board the airplane or give prior notice.
- You can cancel your flight on the same day if your scheduled departure is at least 1 week away.
- In case you bought your flight ticket with a travel agency. Then, you need to contact them directly in order to cancel your ticket.
- You can demand an immediate ticket cancellation in case of a death or serious injury. You just need to show the death certificate or reports if required to the airline.
Ways To Cancel Your Flight With Lufthansa Airlines
You can cancel your flight ticket in various ways. Below are the details about the canceling procedures.
Through The Online Portal
The website of Lufthansa Airlines lets you cancel your ticket efficiently. Follow these steps in order to go through this process.
- Type www.lufthansa.com on your preferred browser to open its official website.
- On the top right corner of the homepage, you will see the option of “My Bookings.”
- Click on it and then scroll down to tap on “Manage Bookings.”
- A new page will open where you need to log in with either your Travel ID or booking code.
- Now, select the flight you wish to cancel, and hit on the “Cancel” button.
- If there is any cancellation fee, make the payment and confirm it.
- You will soon receive an email including the Lufthansa Airlines cancel flight details.
In case you prefer to cancel your flight reservation by connecting with a live person. Then, you can do so by contacting the customer service department of this air carrier.
The number which you can call is +1 (800) 645-3880. The representatives are available daily for 24 hours.
At The Airport
In this procedure, you have to first go to the airport and visit the ticket counter of Lufthansa Airlines. Then, you need to request the personnel to cancel your flight. Next, give your travel details like booking code, name, ticket number, departure and arrival times, etc. to the representative.
If the executive is satisfied that your ticket fulfills the criteria, the process for your flight cancellation will proceed.
Award Ticket Cancellation
Your Miles & More membership provides you with an award flight ticket with Lufthansa Airlines. If you wish to cancel your award flight. Then, you need to pay a cancellation fee of $56. This amount may vary or there might be no charge at all with certain flights.
You can contact the Miles & More service team to proceed with this cancellation.
Cancellation Fee Of Lufthansa Airlines
This air carrier charges the fee for cancellation according to your purchased fare and cabin class. Generally, the Basic or Saver fares cannot be canceled. So, you will be charged the full amount of your ticket.
- Economy Class
- You can cancel your Economy Basic Plus I fares for $300.
- Economy Flex II fares can be canceled free of charge.
- Premium Economy Class
- In this class, you can cancel your Premium Economy Basic Plus II fares with a $500 fee.
- Premium Economy Flex fares can be canceled for free and you will get the full refund back to your payment mode.
- Business Class
- Business Basic Plus II fares are chargeable of $500 for cancellation of the flight.
- Business Flex fares are eligible to be canceled without any charges.
- First Class
- $500 is the cancellation fee for First Basic Plus fares.
- For First Basic Plus II fares, you need to pay $750 as the flight cancellation fee.
- First Flex fares are allowed to be canceled free of charge.
What happens if I cancel a part of my Lufthansa itinerary online?
In case you cancel one leg or part of your travel itinerary with Lufthansa Airlines. Then, your remaining flights on the trip might be canceled automatically. It is best to contact the Customer Service department of this airline and request a cancellation.
What is Lufthansas’ risk-free cancellation policy?
The risk-free cancellation policy of Lufthansa gives you a time frame of 24 hours in which you can cancel your flight ticket for free. But your flight should have a minimum of 7 days to depart from your origin airport. This policy is applicable for all ticket types, including non-refundable fares too.