We can’t deny the fact that life’s journey is an unpredictable odyssey. But Jetstar celebrates the spontaneity that comes with it. Jetstar Airways cancellation policy is a key to unlocking the boundless freedom of travel. Passengers can embrace the winds of change and choose new destinations. We believe true liberation lies in embracing the unexpected.
An Overview of Jetstar Airways Cancellation Policy
The airline’s cancellation policy is made to assist the passenger in tough times when the travelling conditions are unfavorable, or there are certain changes. However, to make the best use of this policy, passengers must adhere to certain points jotted down below:
- The airline will only refund the cancelled fare directly purchased through Jetstar. In case of booking through any third-party site, the airline won’t hold any responsibility for the fare.
- All passengers with a refundable fare can seek a refund after cancellation, even after the risk-free cancellation period.
- On the other side, passengers with non-refundable fares can only obtain a full refund if they cancel the flight within 24 hours of booking. However, the only exception to this rule is that the scheduled departure date must be seven or more days after the booking date.
- Another thing to be remembered by the passenger is that if they do not meet the risk-free cancellation provision, they are entitled to pay a charge for cancelling their reservation.
- While talking about the fees for cancelling the flight, the passenger using the airline’s official website to cancel the flight will be charged a low fee.
- Apart from the online portal, passengers are expected to pay processing costs and cancellation fees if they stick to any offline cancellation method.
- As per the Jetstar Airways cancellation policy, the passenger will be compensated if the flight is cancelled by the airline. The compensation can be in the form of travel vouchers or a refund.
- To make the process easier, passengers can directly contact the airline by calling on 00 61 3 9645 5999 or call on 1-888-990 2621.
Jetstar’s 24-hours Cancellation Policy
Jetstar understands that changes in the travel plan can occur at any minute, and with this, the airline has bought the 24-hour cancellation policy. During this time period, passengers can make any changes to their itinerary without paying a single penny. In simple words, yes, flights cancelled during this 24-hour portal are entitled to a full refund from the airline.
Here are a few guidelines for Jetstar’s 24-hour cancellation policy
- Irrespective of the fare type, the airline won’t charge any cancellation fee if cancelled within 24 hours of booking.
- The fare must be directly bought from the official centres of the airline.
- The flight’s scheduled departure should be at least 7 days after the booking date.
Steps to Cancel a Flight on Jetstar Airways
From online to offline, the airline provides several channels for passengers to cancel the flight according to their convenience. However, the airline may charge a different fee for the cancellation depending on the channel the passenger selects to cancel the flight.
Cancel Jetstar Flight Online
The airline’s user-friendly website makes it easier for passengers to cancel the flight from their comfort zone. Following some easy steps, passengers can cancel the flight by sitting at their house.
- Visit the official website of Jetstar at https://www.jetstar.com/au/en/home
- Now click on the “Sign-in” option available on the home page. Use all your credentials to sign in to your account.
- Once you sign in to your account page, fill in the details, including the confirmation code with the passenger’s last name.
- Now, choose the flight you want to cancel amongst all the bookings.
- Select the reason for cancelling the flight on Jetstar Airways.
- The system will show the calculated refund value (after deducting the cancellation charges).
- Passengers must go through the rules and regulations of the fare before submitting the cancellation request.
- All the payments made with the credit card will be refunded within 7 to 10 working days after cancellation. The other modes will take 21 to 30 working days after cancellation.
Note: Passengers can also proceed with the cancellation process by dropping a mail to the airline or getting in trouble through the “Manage Booking” option.
Cancel flight offline
Is the online mode unfavourable to you? Don’t panic. You can switch to various other offline modes as well. Passengers can contact the airline’s customer care department to cancel flight bookings.
- Call on 00 61 3 9645 5999 to connect with the customer care department of Jetstar Airways.
- Once connected with the live agent of the airline, share all the travelling details.
- Ask the agent to cancel the flight providing the reason for your cancellation.
- Enquire about the cancellation charges (if applicable) for Jetstar Airways to cancel flight
- The agent will cancel the fare on your behalf.
- The airline may charge you extra money as a processing fee apart from the cancellation charges if you cancel the flight over a phone call.
Cancel the flight at the airport
Apart from connecting with the agent or using the official website, passengers can cancel the flight by visiting the airport.
- Visit the nearest airport.
- Now look out for the Jetstar reservation desk.
- Fill out the flight cancellation form.
- Ask the agent about the cancellation fee.
Charges to Cancel a Flight on Jetstar Airways
If the passenger can’t cancel the flight within 24 hours of booking, then they are expected to pay the price as a cancellation fee. Refer to the points below for a brief about the associated cancellation charges.
Once the risk-free period lapses, the Starter fare ticket holders are not eligible for a refund.
Starter fare ticket holders eligible for Flex bundle plans can cancel their reservations within the specified deadline.
Upon cancellation, they will receive Jetstar Vouchers that can be used for future travel.
However, if their travel plans change after cancellation, they cannot reclaim the travel points.
Passengers who purchased Starter or Business Class fare tickets and a Max bundle will be eligible for a refund, subject to Jetstar cancellation fees.
The refund fees for different types of flights are as follows:
- Domestic flights within Australia and New Zealand: AUD $50
- International flights with Jetstar Asia: SGD $50
- Short-haul international flights or flights between Australia and New Zealand: AUD $50
- Domestic flights within Japan: JPY 3,000
- Long-haul international flights with Jetstar Airways: AUD $50 or KRW 61,500
- International flights with Jetstar Japan: JPY 3,000 or VND 900,000.
How late is it to cancel a Jetstar flight?
The deadline to cancel the Jetstar flight depends on the type of fare and the route passenger is flying on. For all domestic flights, the cancellation deadline is 24 hours before the departure. Whereas for international flights, it is 48 hours before the departure.
Can I cancel my flight and book a cheaper one with Jetstar?
Yes, passengers can book a cheaper one once done with Jetstar Airways cancel the flight process. However, some terms and conditions may be associated with the fare that the passenger has to check. Passengers can also get in touch with the airline to inquire about the policy and related charges.