Every passenger believes travel plans should be flexible. Life has unexpected twists and turns, so if fate throws your way, fear not! Cathay Pacific cancellation policy is designed to keep your wings unclipped. Glide through the clouds of uncertainty, knowing that rearranging your travel plans is just a few clicks away.
General Guidelines of Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy
- All cancellation made within 24 hours of booking with the airline is subject to a full refund, irrespective of the fare type and fare class.
- Most of the fares provided by the airline are non-refundable. So the airline will provide a travel credit or voucher for the same flight value for cancellations of non-refundable fares.
- The refunds for canceled flights are processed within 20 business days for cash, bank transfer or cheques. The refund will be processed within 7 business days for the other payment mode.
- The airline’s cancellation policy doesn’t apply to the fares purchased by any third-party agent or website.
- If the passenger has any special requests for assistance and meals with the fare, then the airline will not provide a refund for that add-on.
Steps to Cancel a Flight on Cathay Pacific Airline
The airline offers flexibility to passengers by providing several channels to cancel the flight. From online to offline mode, all other channels are made accessible to the passenger, ensuring a hassle-free cancellation.
Here are the methods along with their steps to cancel the flight.
Cancel Flight Online
- Visit the main website of the airline at https://www.cathaypacific.com/
- Scroll down for the option “Manage Booking.”
- Fill in all your credentials, including Country code, Mobile phone number and password if you are an existing user.
- You can use different methods to sign in if you are not an existing user.
- Now select the booking that you want to cancel.
- Confirm the cancellation.
Cancel Flight Offline
- If you feel confused while using the airline website to cancel the flight, you can contact the airline customer care department.
- Get in touch with the airline’s customer care department by calling on 080005 02163.
- Stay on the call until the live agent connects to assist you with flight cancellation.
- Share all the flight details with the agent’s request to initiate the cancellation process.
- Enquire about the cancellation charges and total refund for the flight cancellation.
- Once you confirm, the agent will complete the Cathay Pacific cancel flight process on your behalf.
24-hour Cancellation Policy of Cathay Pacific
Cathay Pacific’s 24-hour cancellation policy applies to both refundable and non-refundable fares the airline promotes.
- The airline initiates a full refund for cancellations within 24 hours of booking from the booking date.
- The travel date must also be scheduled for 7 days or more from the booking date to be eligible for the full refund.
- Keep in mind that the 24-hour cancellation policy has some limitations. It is only valid for flights originating from or destined for the U.S. and Canada.
- The refund initiated for the cancelled flight takes a processing time of 7-10 business days. Additionally, the refund gets credited back to the original mode of payment.
- Any refund resulting from cancellation under this policy will be processed within 7-10 business days and returned to the original mode of payment.
- The 24-hour cancellation policy does not extend to partner or codeshare agreement flights unless the e-ticket number begins with 160.
Charges to Cancel Flight on Cathay Pacific
- The cancellation fee for all types of tickets is a fixed amount of 150 USD.
- If passengers have chosen a refundable fare and decide to cancel their flight, a deduction of 150 USD is applied as cancellation charges.
- The remaining fare balance after the deduction will be refunded to the passenger.
What should you do when a Cathay Pacific flight is cancelled?
If your Cathay Pacific flight is cancelled at the last minute, remember these tips: Keep your boarding pass and documents, seek written confirmation for a reason, stay at the gate for updates on compensation, and check last-minute deals for cheaper options.
What is the Cathay Pacific cancellation phone number for the UK?
If the passenger is confused about the process of cancellation, then they can connect with the customer care department. Passengers can call on +44 20 7660 8992 or 1-888-990-2621.