Ascend to elevated indulgence with Lufthansa Airlines seat upgrade. Experience the pinnacle of travel refinement with wider seats, more legroom, and an array of amenities to make your journey extraordinary. Let this air carrier pamper you with unparalleled comfort and exceptional care throughout the flight.
Requirements For Seat Upgrade
You can upgrade your seat to different cabin classes on this airline. But, first, you should know what is required to make the seat upgrade.
- There should be seat availability in the corresponding higher booking class for the upgrade.
- Your flight ticket should be confirmed and already issued. If your name is on the waiting list, then you are not eligible for the seat upgrade.
- The flight should be operated solely by Lufthansa on long-hauls. And for upgrades on flights within Europe, it can also be operated by Lufthansa Regional.
- You are allowed to make a seat upgrade in the fixed 24 hours of time frame before the departure of your flight.
You cannot upgrade your seat if:
- You have already checked in for your flight.
- You have booked payable extra services but have not paid for them and also didn’t submit the relevant documents.
- You are traveling with a pet. It prohibits your upgrade.
Types Of Upgrades On Lufthansa Airlines
The airline provides you with three types of seat upgradation. A brief about them is given below.
Fixed Price Upgrade: You can buy an upgrade to a higher class at the existing price mentioned by the carrier. But, it is totally based on your existing booked class.
Upgrade With Miles: This upgrade is available if you are a member of the frequent flyer program of the carrier known as Miles & More. You can use your acquired miles to pay for the preferred seat upgrade.
Make An Offer Upgrade: In this option, you have the benefit of making an offer to the airline. If it is worth it, you will be upgraded to the next higher class from your original seat.
Process Of Seat Upgrading
The process of seat upgrade on Lufthansa Airlines is quite simple and easy. You can do it online, through the service center, and also at the airport.
Online Seat Upgrade
Follow the steps mentioned below if you wish to upgrade your seat on the online portal of the airline.
- Go to the official website of the carrier by typing www.lufthansa.com on your browser.
- Select the “My Booking” tab at the header of the homepage.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the “Book Upgrade” option.
- On the next page, you can either log in with your Travel ID or booking code.
- After logging in, your flight information will be retrieved. And the system will check whether it qualifies for the upgrade or not.
- If it does, click on the “Upgrade” link and proceed further by confirming your seat choice.
- Add your payment details and pay the amount required for the upgrade.
- The carrier will shortly send you a confirmation message to your registered email address.
Note: The Lufthansa Airlines fees for seat upgrades are dependent mainly on the route, booked class, and the duration of your flight.
Seat Upgrade Via Service Center
This is the best option to upgrade seats for only a few people in your booking. Because online upgrades are applicable for all passengers under one booking.
The number to dial on your smartphone for this upgrade service is +1 (800) 645 3880. The representative will connect with you to whom you need to give your flight details. They will check your upgrade eligibility and make the required changes. You will be asked to complete the payment in order to confirm your seat upgrade.
Once your payment is processed, you will receive the seat upgrade details in your email address.
Airport Seat Upgrade
You can enjoy a last-minute seat upgrade with this airline at its ticket counter, check-in or bag drop-off counter, or even at the boarding gate. But, it depends on your departing location and the flight’s route.
If there is a possibility of a seat upgrade, the agent at any of the counters will inform you about it. You just need to pay the fixed price to them and you are good to fly on your enhanced and upgraded seat.
Note: The fare conditions of your original ticket like rebooking, refund, baggage, etc. will remain the same even after the upgrade. And if you purchased additional services but they are included in your new upgraded seat. Then, no amount will be refunded.
How To Make A Seat Upgrade Offer On Lufthansa Airlines?
If you want to make an offer for the sea upgrade to the airline. Then it is only possible through the online portal. You can make an offer up to 48 hours prior to the flight’s departure. Go through the steps given below to place a seat upgrade offer.
- Visit the official website and log in to “My Bookings” by entering your login details.
- After retrieving your booking, select the flight for which you want to make an upgrade offer.
- The system will do an automatic check and verify whether you are eligible to upgrade or not.
- If you are, then you will see a link on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Click on it and add the price you are willing to pay for the seat upgrade.
- Fill in your payment details in the given fields. Verify them once, and accept the terms and conditions for participation under Lufthansa Airlines seat upgrade policy.
- Lastly, send your offer by clicking on the “Submit” button.
- You will receive a confirmed email including the receipt of your offer.
The airline will inform you whether your seat upgrade offer has been accepted or not until 24 hours before your flight departs.
In case it is accepted, the offered amount will be deducted from your added credit card. Your flight will also be rebooked and you will receive an upgraded seat ticket for the journey.
If your offer is not accepted, then you will not be charged a single penny. And you will travel in your originally booked seat class.
Ineligibility Of Offer Upgrades
Due to some technical or legal reasons, there is a possibility that you might not be able to make an offer for a seat upgrade. Such cases are:
- If your ticket is part of a group booking.
- For instance, you are traveling with a child under 2 years of age.
- If your origin airport is in India, and for the flights to/from Japan.
- In case you want an extra seat for comfort, medical reasons, or carry-on baggage.
What happens with my upgrade if I miss my Lufthansa flight?
Missing your flight due to your own fault forfeits your seat upgrade claim. And the amount you paid for the upgrade will not be refunded. But if there is a flight disruption from the carrier’s end. Then, you will surely get your upgraded seat on the next flight. In case the seat to which you upgrade is not available on the new flight, contact Lufthansa Customer Relations for a refund.
Can I increase my seat upgrade offer on Lufthansa Airlines?
You can submit an offer for the seat upgrade only once. If it is not accepted, then you can do nothing about it. So, place the best possible offer in the initial process. Only in this way, your chances will be higher to get an upgrade to your desired seat.