Uncover a world of refined elegance onboard with a Cathay Pacific seat upgrade. Immerse yourself in the luxury of unparalleled service and style. Let this air carrier elevate your journey with upgraded seats, where every detail is tailored to perfection. Upgrade your seats before takeoff and make changes as per your comfort on Cathay Pacific.
Seat Upgrading Ways On Cathay Pacific
This Airline offers different ways to upgrade your seat, each suited to your specific needs. Detailed information about these options is given below.
Purchase An Upgrade
You can easily buy a seat upgrade for your flight. There are two options available in order to purchase an upgrade.
This is your chance to upgrade your seat at a price that works for you. Simply tell the airline how much you are willing to pay for an upgrade by making a bid. Upgrade Bid is by invitation or based on fare eligibility. Consider these points to know how it works.
- As Upgrade Bid is available on selected routes. So, check your flight eligibility by providing your booking information on the online portal of Cathay Pacific.
- Whether your bid has been successful or not will be notified to you via an email between 48 to 24 hours before departure. Only successful bids will be charged.
- Once your upgrade is confirmed, you can enjoy the many benefits of traveling in Premium Economy or Business Class.
Note: Be aware that extra baggage allowance will not be included in your seat upgrade.
Change Your Ticket
You can change your ticket and upgrade to a higher cabin by simply paying the fare difference. Change fees might apply based on the fare class and type of your original ticket. To know more details, contact Customer Care of Cathay Pacific at +1 (833) 933-2244.
Redeem An Upgrade
If you are a frequent flyer or a member of the program. Then, you get the opportunity to redeem your seat upgrade for your flight.
These upgrades are exclusive to Cathay Diamond and Gold members. They can earn bookable upgrades when they reach a certain number of Status Points. Requests must be made online at least 3 days before your flight departure.
Follow these steps if you wish to make a bookable upgrade:
- Firstly, make sure you have a confirmed flight booking with a ticket issued in an eligible fare type or fare class. The Economy Light and Premium Economy Essential fare tickets are not eligible for Bookable Upgrades.
- Sign into your account and visit your mid-status benefits summary page.
- Select “Request a Bookable Upgrade” next to your benefit or claim it via Manage Booking for your preferred seat.
- Fill in your details and select the passenger’s name and flight sector.
- Once you have submitted the request, a representative will email you with the result within 72 hours.
- Your flight details will automatically be updated under “Manage Booking” when your upgrade is confirmed.
- You can also visit your mid-status benefits summary page for the latest status.
- At last, check in online or at the airport counter for your upgraded flight.
Upgrade With Asia Miles
This upgrade is perfect if you are a Cathay member with a lot of miles. Reward yourself by using the miles to upgrade your ticket to the next higher cabin class. Please note that the original ticket must be purchased in eligible fare classes and types.
The Benefits Of Seat Upgrading
From more space and priority boarding to lounge access and fine cuisine, the seat upgrade makes a great difference when you travel. Check out the advantages of upgrading your seat from Economy to higher cabin classes.
Some exquisite benefits of a Premium Economy seat upgrades are:
- These seats are located in a separate cabin of the aircraft. They have a generous recline and specially designed footrests.
- Enjoy that little extra throughout your journey, including a welcome drink, hot towel, amenity kit, and noise-canceling headphones.
- Travel more efficiently with dedicated Premium Economy check-in counters in selected airports, and gain priority boarding privileges.
- The award-winning seats in this class adjust for both sitting and sleeping – fully reclining into a comfortable flat bed.
- Flying Business class gives you access to Cathay Pacific’s premium lounges around the world.
- The menu serves up locally sourced, sustainable ingredients while also offering lighter and healthy dining options.
Seat Upgrade Helpful Information
There are some important points you should be well aware of in order to benefit yourself with the option of a seat upgrade.
- You will be asked to provide payment details when placing your bid.
- The amount payable for Upgrade Bid is separate from and additional to the amount paid for the original ticket.
- You can change or cancel your bid up to 50 hours before the flight departure.
- Under the Cathay Pacific seat upgrade policy, there is no waitlist allowed for Bookable Upgrades.
- A Bookable Upgrade is subject to applicable taxes and other surcharges.
- Each Bookable Upgrade is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
- More than one Bookable Upgrade request for the same flight sector is not allowed.
- Bookable Upgrade entitlements are status specific and not available for Holiday Packages.
Can I make an upgrade offer if I am traveling with a child on Cathay Pacific?
As long as your child is not on an infant fare, you can definitely make an offer to upgrade for your flight journey. The offer amount for the child is the same as for the adult in the same booking.
How many status points do I need for Bookable Upgrades on Cathay Pacific?
You can make up to 4 single-sector Bookable Upgrades with the membership. The minimum Status Point required by Gold members is 1,000 and you can make this upgrade for ultra-short, short, or medium-haul flights. Diamond members should have around 1,600 Status Points to get a Bookable Upgrade for flights with any distance.