Design your perfect journey by keeping your preferences and needs on top with Oman Air seat selection. Empower yourself to create a flight that is a true reflection of your style and individuality. Make each moment in the air an opportunity to relax and enjoy the exceptional service and hospitality of this air carrier. So, embrace the power of choice, and embark on a voyage that is tailor-made for you.
Manual Of Seat Selection On Oman Air
The carrier allows you to select your seat in around three different time frames via the website, call center as well and through the local ticket office. You can do it at the time of your initial flight booking, after the reservation, and at check-in. Below are the details of the procedures for your reference.
Seat Selection During Booking
The best time to select your favorite seat with this carrier is when you are initially booking the flight. The steps you can carry out in this process are:
- The official website of this carrier is www.omanair.com which you can visit on the browser that you use most of the time.
- In the box under the “Book a Flight” section, add all the information required like your origin and destination airports, trip type, and travel dates.
- Review your added information once and then click on the “Find Flights” button.
- A list of all the available flights on the date of your travel will appear on a new page.
- Choose a flight that suits you the best and matches your budget to move forward.
- The next page will display the space to add passenger information. Enter your name, contact, email, etc.
- Now, the Oman Air seat map will appear indicating different seat categories. You can select your perfect spot and also add any additional services.
- The whole amount of your selected flight and seat will be shown at the bottom of the page.
- Lastly, choose your payment mode and its details correctly.
- Once your payment is processed, the carrier will send the flight itinerary to your email address shortly.
Selecting A Seat After The Reservation
You can easily choose a seat of your choice at the website of the carrier after completing your flight reservation process. The steps you need to follow in this procedure are:
- On the homepage of the official website, select the “Manage Booking” tab.
- Enter your booking reference, and last name, and click on the button to retrieve your booking.
- You will be able to see the available options on the seat map in different colors.
- Select seats on Oman Air according to your preference and proceed further with the payment.
- After this, the system will generate a new itinerary that will include your selected seat details. It will be sent to you via email in a short interval.
Seat Selection With Miles
Your membership of the Sindbad frequent flyer program of the airline lets you select a seat by paying for it with miles. Go through the steps you can follow in this procedure.
- Visit the website of the carrier and select the “Manage Booking” tab from the top of the screen.
- Add your flight details and click on “Manage Booking” to proceed.
- Your trip details page will open up on the screen.
- Click on the “Add or Modify seats” button to pay for the selection with miles.
- After selecting your favorite seat, click on “Oman Air Sindbad Miles” as a form of payment.
- In the next step, you need to log in to your account and authorize the miles deduction.
- Complete the transaction by paying with miles as an Oman Air seat selection fee.
- You will receive the confirmation regarding your selected seat in your email.
Seat Selection Options On Oman Air
On your Economy Class ticket, you have the privilege of selecting a seat from around three different types.
Choice: These seats are located in the first few rows of the Economy cabin. Depending on the aircraft type, their placement can vary. It is a great seat option for you to select if you prefer speedy boarding and disembarking.
Extra Legroom: With plenty of leg space, these seats are at the exit and front row of the cabin. You can choose this one if you are quite tall or require more space to relax.
Standard: All the other available seats in the Economy Class are depicted as Standard seats. You can choose a window, middle, or aisle seat beforehand to avoid any inconvenience.
Rules Related To Seat Selection
No doubt, seat selection is quite an easy process, but you should be aware of some terms and conditions related to it.
- You cannot transfer your selected seat to any other person on the reservation.
- The seat selection is totally subject to availability at the time of request 1 hour before the scheduled departure of your flight.
- The procedure of seat selection is not available on the flights operated by codeshare partners of this air carrier.
- The carrier will try its best to re-accommodate you to a similar seat in case it is not possible to sit on your selected seat.
Emergency Row Seat Regulations
You have to meet the requirements of emergency exit row seats prior to selection. Because all the passengers on the flight are not allowed to select these seats.
- You should be an able-bodied person of at least 16 years old.
- You must assist the cabin crew in the opening of the emergency exit door easily.
- You should understand the printed or verbal instructions given in English regarding the emergency evacuation without any help.
- You are not allowed to select these seats if you are flying with an infant or your mobility is partially or totally restricted.
- In case you require the use of a second seat belt, then you cannot select a seat in the emergency row.
You will be assigned an alternative seat if you do not meet the above requirements. The extra amount you paid for these seats will be forfeited and no refund will be provided.
The airline offers an outstanding feature called MySpace that allows you to buy one or more neighboring seats for the journey. You can enjoy extra personal space as well as maintain your social distance from other passengers while traveling.
You can avail of this benefit only at the time of check-in which begins 48 hours and up to 3 hours prior to the departure of your flight. Stick to the prompts mentioned below to take advantage of this facility.
- You can easily complete the check-in procedure online by entering your PNR number and last name on this page My Space.
- You will be redirected to the seat map of your aircraft. In case you already selected your seat, then you can block the seats beside you.
- If there are no seats available to block, then you can move your seat to another zone.
- After confirming your seats for the flight, click on the “Continue to Check-In” button.
- Your e-boarding pass will be generated shortly and you can plan forward for a hassle-free airport experience.
MySpace Terms And Conditions
There are some terms and conditions you should keep in mind for the MySpace seat selection.
- This service is only applicable on flights operated by the air carrier itself.
- Your purchased ticket should be of Economy Class and the flight ticket number must start with 910.
- You are not permitted to select any seat beyond the seat block itself in the row.
- If you have selected an exit or bulkhead seat initially, then you cannot block the seat using “MySpace.”
- You can submit a request for this service in advance. You will get a confirmation regarding this service within 48 hours before the departure once your offer is accepted.
- The amount will be reversed back to your credit card used for the transaction in case your offer is unsuccessful.
- The service becomes non-refundable once it is confirmed and you make changes to it.
- You will get a full refund in the event of involuntary changes made by the carrier like overbooking, equipment change, or flight delays.
Can I get a refund for my selected seat on Oman Air?
The carrier makes the seat selection purchases non-refundable. You cannot receive a refund if you change, cancel, upgrade, or downgrade your seat. But, if you do not get the paid seat due to some involuntary changes, then you are eligible to apply for paid seating extra charge refund. You can contact the airline’s reservation department to get more information on this topic
How much do I have to pay to select seats on Oman Air?
The price you have to pay in the seat selection process varies according to your seat choice, duration of your flight, etc. The standard seats can be selected for free at the time of check-in. The choice and extra legroom seat remain chargeable mostly. The price range of the seats can start from around $3 per person per flight segment.