Whether you are a Nephophile who wants a window seat to explore the vibrant and cloudy sky or a person with long arms and legs who wants to sit in the aisle seat, Avianca Airlines seat selection policy has covered your back.
This comprehensive guide will help you to know all the details about this policy and the different ways through which you can choose your desired seat effortlessly.
All About Avianca Airlines Seat Selection
Before you take a step ahead to select your Avianca in-flight seat, it is advisable to take a look at the below-given points. These points will help you to get a good understanding of the seating class and its policies.
- If you have booked your flight through a third-party agency then to get a desired seat, you have to contact the agency only. The airline will not offer any help.
- In case you do not meet the seat selection charges, then the airline has the full right to cancel your selected seat and reassign you a random seat during the check-in.
- For some reason, if the airline shifts you from your selected seat, then they will try their best to provide you with a seat that has the exact features and facilities that you selected.
- If you want to travel with extra space, then you can get an empty seat, by requesting it from the airport agent.
- Avianca allows you to select duo seats between the window and aisle.
Types of Seats Offered By Avianca Airlines
The airline offers various seats that you can choose from. The details about the seats are mentioned below, just make sure to read the pointers carefully before you choose the seat.
- Business Class (Flatbed): Avianca’s business class seats are located in the front of the aircraft and offer a number of amenities, including fully lie-flat seats with adjustable headrests and footrests, personal entertainment screens, priority boarding, and many more.
- Premium Class: This class is the second preferable seat of this airline. It offers wider seats with more legroom and recline and priority boarding after business class.
- Plus: This seating class offers independent headrests with 6 positions, a stand for personal electronic devices, and USB ports. The plus seats also offer exclusive luggage racks, so that you can keep your carry-on baggage and amenity kit.
- Economy Class: Avianca’s economy class seats are the most affordable option. It provides one carry-on bag and one personal item and some in-flight entertainment.
- Emergency Exit: The emergency exit seats are located near the exits of the aircraft.
Avianca Restricts Passengers to Take Emergency Exit Seats
There are a bunch of restricted people categories;
- Anyone who is under 15 years of age.
- Passengers who are pregnant, traveling with an infant, or with kids under the age of 2.
- Passengers who have any physical or medical condition that would prevent them from assisting in an emergency evacuation.
- This airline does not allow any passenger to take an emergency exit seat who is not fluent in English and Spanish language.
- Passengers who are intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
- A person with a heavy body weight.
Various Methods to Select an Avianca Seat
You can purchase a seat at your convenience anytime, be it during the flight booking process, after some days of booking, or on the day of boarding during the check-in.
All the elaborated steps for different ways that you can follow for a seamless process are given below;
Avianca allows you to select a seat via 3 easy methods.
1. Through the Website or Mobile App
- Go to the Avianca website or mobile app and enter your booking information.
- Click on the “Select Seat” button.
- You will be shown an Avianca Airlines seat map with the available seats.
- Select the seat that you want.
- Click on the “Confirm Seat” button.
2. Via Calling the Airline
Call Avianca’s customer service number at +34913337053 any day between the time of 6:30 am to 4:00 pm or 9:30 pm to 2:00 am. Then, you will have to listen to the IVR menu carefully. After that, an agent will get connected with you. Provide your details to complete your booking process. The agent will provide a list of available seat options. You just can pick the one you want. After that, you may proceed to make the payment for your flight booking and seat selection (if applicable).
Didn’t select a seat during the reservation booking process? No worries. You can select a seat that you want after a few days or so without much trouble. Although the airline provides a seat on a first-come, first-served basis, still you may get some seats available.
The steps that you must follow are;
- Go to the Avianca website or download the mobile app (whatever suits you the best).
- Click on the “My Bookings” tab.
- Enter your booking reference number and last name.
- Click on the flight you want to select a seat for.
- Click on the “Select Seat” button.
- Choose your preferred seat.
- Pay the charges (if any).
- Then click on the “Continue” button.
- And lastly, save the changes.
During Flight Check-in
This airline is one of the most popular airlines in Colombia because of its flexible services. Avianca lets you choose a seat from the available options even a few hours before the flight departure.
To select seats on Avianca Airlines, you have two ways. The details are;
Complete your check in online and then you will be shown a second last step that will prompt “seat selection”. You just need to tap on that, then a number of available seats will be given. The seats are likely to be in various colors, Those colors will represent the status of the seats. Analyze the colors and get yourself some knowledge about them. Then you can easily select the one you want and pay for the additional charges.
Note: This option will be available only if the airline has some empty available seats.
2. At the Airport
On the day of your flight departure, you can opt to complete your check-in at the airport, if you are not comfortable with the online check-in process.
The steps that you are required to follow to get your seat by visiting the airline’s check-in counter are;
- Go to the Avianca check-in counter at the airport.
- Present your passport if you have one.
- Provide your flight details and complete the check-in.
- Tell the agent that you would like to select a seat.
- The agent will show you a map of the aircraft with the available seats.
- Select the seat that you want.
- The agent will print your boarding pass with your selected seat.
Charges to Select Avianca Seats
The airline may charge you some additional amount during the seat selection process. You can check out the table below to know Avianca Airlines seat selection fee structure;
|Seat||Domestic Flight Charges||International Flight Charges|
|Economy||USD 5||USD 10|
|Emergency Exit||USD 12||USD 30|
|Plus||USD 15||USD 35|
|Premium||USD 15||USD 50|
Note: These are just the standard seat selection charges. There may be additional charges for seats in certain locations, such as seats with extra legroom or seats with direct aisle access. You can check the specific seat selection charges for your flight on the Avianca website.
If you are traveling on a discounted fare, you may not be able to select your seat in advance. In this case, you will be assigned a seat at the time of check-in. However, you may be able to pay a fee to select a specific seat.
Does Avianca Airlines allow economy class passengers to select their seats?
Yes, even with economy class seats, you can choose a seat. However, you cannot do this during the flight booking procedure. To choose your seat you have to wait till you check in for your flight. During your flight check-in, you can select the seat by paying some charges
Does Avianca allow the seat selection facility for codeshare flights?
Yes, Avianca allows seat selection for codeshare flights. However, the availability of seat selection and the specific seats that are available may vary depending on the partner airline and the specific flight.