Settle in for an exceptional journey with Austrian Airlines seat selection. This air carrier allows you to design your travel experience precisely. Take your place by crafting comfort among the clouds with your choice of seat. Discover relaxation and convenience from take-off to landing with this extraordinary airline.
Guide For Austrian Airlines Seat Selection
Below is all guide for seat selection for Austrian Airlines:
Seating Options On Austrian Airlines
There is a wide array of seat types available on the aircraft of this carrier. You can choose your favorite from the options mentioned below.
This category includes window, aisle, and middle seats that you can select. You can choose one according to your preferences either for free or by paying a small price for it.
Extra Legroom Seats
These seats provide you with more space to relax while flying to your destination. It is a great option to select if your flight is of a long duration. They are usually in the emergency exit rows and have more room than the front rows.
There is a separate zone located in the front part of the Economy Class. With the preferred seat selection, you are entitled to disembark from the airplane swiftly and faster than other passengers.
You can select seats on Austrian Airlines in this category if you are flying in Business Class on a Boeing 777 aircraft. They give a lot of private space on your journey as there is no seat adjoined. You can look out the window to admire the views and access the aisle at the same time. There is no one to disturb you while you are working on something important or just relaxing.
Process Of Seat Selection With Austrian Airlines
You are permitted to select your seat up to one year in advance for your flight. Seat selection can be done at different time periods according to your preference. Let us dive into these processes in detail below.
Selecting A Seat While Booking Your Flight
You get plenty of options to choose from when you select your seat at the time of initial booking of your flight. Stick to the points to go through this process.
- Type www.austrian.com on your browser and land on the official website of the airline.
- There will be a box under the “Flights” section where you can enter the information in order to search for flights for your trip.
- Add your airports, number of travelers, travel dates, etc., and click on the “Search” button.
- From the list of flights on the next page, choose one that suits you the best.
- In the next step, fill in your personal details like name, contact number, and email address.
- The Austrian Airlines seat map will be displayed on your screen. Select your favorite seat by clicking on it.
- The final amount will be shown. For that, you have to enter your payment information in the given spaces.
- Click on the “Yes, book and pay for ticket” button and your flight will be confirmed along with your selected seat.
- The carrier will soon send you an email with an e-ticket and receipt for your seat selection.
Seat Selection After Reserving Your Flight
You have the benefit of selecting your seat even when you have bought a flight ticket with this airline. Open up the website of the carrier and then follow these steps.
- Select the “Book” tab at the top right side of the homepage.
- From the drop-down menu, hit the “My Bookings” option.
- The system will redirect you to a new page. Select the “Enter Booking Code” button.
- Fill in your booking code along with your last name and click on the “Submit” button.
- Select the flight on which you want to make a seat selection.
- Pick your favorite spot and complete the payment for the same.
- Once your payment is processed for the selected seat, you will receive an email regarding its details in a short interval.
Seat Selection Via Phone Call
The airline allows you to call its service center and select your seat for the upcoming flight. Dial the number +1 800843 0002 or +43 1 70148 1000 on your mobile device.
Provide your flight information once you connect with one of the agents. They will tell you the seating options available for your flight. You can pick one of them and reserve your seat by paying the required amount.
The personnel will confirm your seat and send its details to you on the given contact.
Other Methods For Selecting A Seat
There are some other ways to complete the process of reserving your seat. It can be selected when you check in online for your flight. The service is available from 47 hours before the departure but the options might be limited at this time.
You can enquire and select a seat for the journey at the airport too. The representative at the counter will give you the list of seats that are still not reserved and you can select accordingly. If there are any charges, pay them and select your seat at the last minute.
The carrier also lets you book a seat with some selected travel agencies. If you book a flight ticket with them, you can ask for seat selection and complete the procedure.
Price For Selecting A Seat On Austrian Airlines
The Austrian Airlines seat selection fee is based on the choice of your seat. It will also vary according to the distance covered by your flight.
- To sit in the front row on standard seats, you have to pay EUR 61 for medium distances and around EUR 72 for long distances.
- Charges for extra legroom seats can range between EUR 29 to EUR 110. The exact price will be mentioned when you select the seat for the specific flight route.
- If you wish to sit in the preferred seating zone, then you need to pay a fee from around EUR 23 to EUR 61.
- You can select a private seat in Business Class by paying approx EUR 159 to EUR 229 depending on the flight’s distance.
Free Adjacent Seat
The carrier permits you to select an adjacent vacant seat to fly comfortably to your destination. You can do this seat selection if:
- You would like to have extra space for relaxing.
- You cannot travel in a single seat because of your physique.
- You are unable to fold the armrests of your seat down.
- The single seat belt extension is short for you and you cannot fasten it.
You can select this seat and make sure that it remains empty by calling the service center of the carrier. Because the selection of an adjacent seat can be done only by contacting them.
Terms Related To Seat Selection On Austrian Airlines
There are few rules bound in the seat selection process on this carrier. You should be well aware of them so you can select your seat without any hassle.
- When you confirm your seat selection, you don’t get a right to select a specific seat like 3A, but to the seat category of them.
- If you are traveling with children between 2 to 12 years of age or have a disability, you are offered a free standard seat selection.
- Extra legroom seats are not available for you if you are an unaccompanied minor, pregnant woman, do not understand English or German language, or are flying with an infant or a pet.
- The preferred seating zone does not include extra legroom seats and remains a separate product to select.
- Apart from adjacent vacant seats, all the seating options are free of cost to select for HON Circle members and Senators along with their companions.
Is there any deadline to select a seat online on Austrian Airlines?
If you want to select a seat from the online portal of the carrier. Then, you can do so up to 48 hours prior to your flight’s departure time. This can be done under the “My Bookings” section on the website. After this time period, the process of check-in usually starts and you will be left with very few options to select from.
What happens to my seat if I rebook my flight with Austrian Airlines?
Your seat selection will remain the same or be moved to a lower seat category if you rebook a flight on the same route. Your paid amount will be credited to the new seat reservation in case you want a seat in a higher category.
Rebooking your flight to a different route will not provide you with a refund for seat selection. The airline will also not credit the amount towards the new seat.