Craft your perfect journey with the help of Air Canada seat selection. Embrace it in style as you choose the seat that suits your mood and needs. Relish in spacious seating and make the skies your personal sanctuary. Whether it’s extra legroom, a quiet corner, or proximity to amenities, the choice is fully yours.
Guide For Air Canada Seat Selection
Below is all guide for seat selection for Air Canada:
Process Of Seat Selection On Air Canada
You can go through the seat selection procedure on this carrier at different intervals of your flight booking. We are going to discuss these methods in detail so you can choose one easily.
The best time to secure your favorite spot on the carrier is while you are making your initial reservation for the flight. Below are the steps you need to follow in this process.
- Visit the official website of the carrier i.e. www.aircanada.com on your browser.
- Scroll down a bit on the homepage and under the “Flights” section, select your trip type first.
- Then, you can enter your from and to airports along with your travel dates, number of passengers, etc.
- You can also add a promotion code if you have any by clicking on it.
- Verify your travel information once and hit on the “Search Flights” button.
- The system will process your given info and provide you with a list of flights accordingly.
- Select the flight as per your preference and you will be taken to a new page.
- There, you have to add your personal details like name, contact information, etc. in the given spaces.
- After this, you will be able to see the Air Canada seat map of your aircraft. From here, pick the one that suits you the best.
- The total amount you have to pay for the seat and the flight will be displayed at the end.
- Add your payment method information and complete your booking by paying the required amount.
- Soon, you will receive a confirmation email regarding your seat and flight to your email address.
You can also select seats on Air Canada once your booking is done. This process can be carried out up to 2 hours before your flight’s departure. For this, you need to stick to a few points.
- On the official website of the carrier, select the “My Bookings” tab.
- In it, you have to fill in your booking reference and last name. Then, click on the “Find” button.
- Your flight information will be retrieved and the map will show the available seats in a light grey color box.
- Make a seat choice from them and pay for the additional charges.
- The carrier will then send you a new email which will have seat details for the concerned flight.
Seat Types On Air Canada
The airline mainly has two options for seat selection in its Economy Cabin.
This comprises window and aisle seats. You can choose from any of them by paying around $14 to $30. The price is the same for Basic as well as Standard fare.
You can enhance your trip by selecting a preferred seat for the flight. They are located in the exit rows, select bulkhead rows and the first few rows of the cabin. The configuration also varies on some aircraft.
These seats come with 4 inches of extra space between the seats. The bulkhead row seats are also included in this seat type and they provide you with more knee space as compared to regular seats.
The Air Canada seat selection fee for this category ranges between $20 to $150. Pick one when you reach the seat selection screen while booking your flight. Or look for the “Change Seats” link in the “My Bookings” section.
Useful Information Regarding Seat Selection
The carrier has some terms and conditions that you need to follow while making a seat selection for the flight journey.
- The charges you will pay for the selected seat will be applicable per person only.
- Any other related charges to your seat selection will also apply to a single one-way flight segment.
- A refund for the seat selection is only possible if.
- You are unable to sit on your selected seat due to a flight description or cancellation and are moved to some other seat.
- Your plan is changed and you decide not to travel on the flight for which you made a seat selection. But you can retain the value of your selected seat for a future flight only if you don’t cancel your booking.
Special Seating Requirement
The special seating feature is offered by the airline for passengers who have a physical disability or medical condition. You can request a preferred seat in such case free of cost.
The request should be made at least 48 hours prior to your flight’s departure. You need to contact the Medical Assistance Desk of the carrier at 1-800-667-4732.
The agents are available from around 6 am to 8 pm on weekdays, Eastern Standard Time. they will try their best to accommodate your special seating request.
This seat assignment is available to you if you are traveling with children under the age of 14. It is offered to make sure you and your child sit together during the journey.
You should indicate about flying with a child in your booking beforehand. You can also confirm the seat for your child online in the “My Bookings” section before the departure. On the other hand, you can contact the reservation department of the carrier at 1-888-247-2262.
In a case where the carrier is not able to arrange the adjacent seat. Then, you can either travel on another flight or ask for a full refund.
Can anyone sit on an exit row seat of Air Canada?
The airline does not allow any passengers to sit in the exit row. This is mainly because of security reasons. To check whether you can select an exit row seat or not, please visit the terms and conditions page on the website of the carrier. There is detailed information available regarding the exit row seating.
Is the preferred seat free on Air Canada for Aeroplan Flight Reward?
Preferred seats are free of cost only for Aeroplan Super Elite Members who are traveling on flight rewards. Otherwise, you can buy this seat at a low price by accessing the seat selection link after completing your flight booking.