Fly in comfort and style with the help of Aer Lingus seat selection. Choose your perfect spot to make your journey even more memorable. Sit back, relax, and let Aer Lingus take care of your seating preferences. They will ensure a smooth and pleasant flight experience from start to finish. Discover the unrivaled pleasure and embark on a remarkable adventure in the skies.
Aer Lingus Seat Selection Guide
Below is the guide for seat selection for Aer Lingus:
Ways To Select Seats On Aer Lingus
There are three ways to select your favorite seat on the aircraft of Aer Lingus on its online platform – www.aerlingus.com.
- When booking your flight.
- Afterwards in Manage Trip (up to 48 hours before departure).
- During Check-in.
If you choose not to select a particular seat. Then, Aer Lingus will allocate you one based on remaining availability at check-in.
After the initial seat selection, subsequent seat changes are not possible until the flight is open for check-in.
Note: You cannot pre-book a seat on bookings made with a third party such as a travel agent or tour operator. Please contact the third party to find out your options regarding seat selection.
Aer Lingus Seat Specifications
Here is some useful information in relation to the specifications of seats on the aircraft of Aer Lingus.
- Seat Pitch is defined as the space between a point on one seat and the same point on the seat in front of it. These measurements of Aer Lingus vary depending on the type of aircraft.
- The Aer Lingus transatlantic fleet of aircraft Airbus A330 and A321neo LR, all contain lie-flat Business Class seats and are 22 inches wide.
- Economy Class seats on all Airbus aircraft have a pitch range of 31-32 inches and a width of 17-18 inches.
- Aer Lingus Regional routes operated by Emerald Airlines using ATR aircraft have a seat pitch range of 29-31 inches.
- Seat belt extensions are available on every aircraft of Aer Lingus. They can’t be pre-selected but if you need one, just let a member of the cabin crew know when you are boarding.
- Purchasing an extra seat for comfort is possible by booking online or calling the reservations office at (516) 622-4222. Charges include the relevant fare for the extra seat as well as any taxes and administration fees. Be aware that the Economy Class armrests on Aer Lingus transatlantic flights do not fully retract. Therefore, purchasing an extra economy seat may not allow you to sit or lay across multiple seats. Business Class armrests are fully retractable.
Seat Types And Prices On Aer Lingus Transatlantic Flights
Aer Lingus offers a wide range of seating options on flights to and from North America. The type of fare you purchase determines the cost of your selected seat.
Below are the details about the seat types and the Aer Lingus seat selection fee.
Business Class Seats
Relax in your lie-flat sleeper seat while enjoying fine dining and free Wifi. These seats are free to choose on your flight journey.
Extra Legroom Seat
If comfort is your main concern, then these are the ideal seats for you. They are available only for adults over the age of 14 without reduced mobility.
$114.99 is the fee for Extra Legroom seats in Saver, Smart, and Flex fares.
Sit up front for a speedy exit from the aircraft of Aer Lingus with these seats. You need to pay between $79.99 – $89.99 in Saver Fare. And an amount between $59.99 – $69.99 in Smart and Flex Fares.
This seating option gives you the benefit of being among the first to get off the aircraft. You can select seats on Aer Lingus in this section by paying between $64.99 – $74.99 if you bought Saver Fare. $39.99 – $49.99 is the seat fee for Smart and Flex Fares.
Choose your favorite seat (window or aisle) and avoid the middle one. These seats are from $49.99 – $59.99 in Saver Fare. And from $24.99 – $34.99 in Smart and Flex Fares.
They are located at the back of the aircraft. You can sit with your loved ones together on your journey. Around $29.99 is the seat selection fee for these seats in Saver Fare. And they are absolutely free if you have bought Smart or Flex Fare.
Note: The seat configuration displayed on the Aer Lingus seat map may vary depending on the operating aircraft type. You can see the map in the “Manage Trip” section on the official website of this airline.
Can I select my seat if I am traveling with a partner airline?
Seat selection is not available on www.aerlingus.com for flights operated by its partner airlines. If your journey is partly or entirely with a partner airline, contact them directly to choose your seat.
Is my seat choice guaranteed on Aer Lingus?
Aer Lingus will endeavor to honor your advance seating requests. And generally, you will be allocated the seat you have pre-selected. However, for certain operational, safety, or security reasons, a particular seat selection is not always guaranteed. The airline reserves the right to assign and reassign seats at any time, even after boarding the aircraft.