Your seat, your journey – that’s the essence of the SriLankan Airlines seat selection. Experience the thrill of choosing your seat and ensure you are in the perfect spot to enjoy your flight. Whether you are a solo traveler seeking solitude, a family wanting to sit together, or a couple desiring a cozy journey, this carrier has got you covered. The intuitive selection process empowers you to take charge of your travel experience
Guide To Seat Selection On SriLankan Airlines
The carrier allows you to make a selection from its preferred seats (window or aisle) well in advance of your flight’s departure. You can complete this process via various channels and at different time intervals.
Seat Selection While Ticket Purchasing
You can easily choose your seat when you are buying the flight ticket for your journey. Below is a step-by-step explanation of this procedure.
- Type www.srilankan.com on your search engine to land on the official website of the airline.
- Under the “Book a Trip” tab on the homepage, add your from and to airports first.
- Select your type of trip and then your travel dates from the calendar.
- In the next step, choose your class and the number of passengers.
- Click on the “Search” button to view the list of available flights.
- Choose one flight that suits you the best and then select the ticket fare.
- Add your personal and contact details on the new page and review them once.
- The next tab will provide you with the interactive SriLankan Airlines seat map.
- Pick your favorite seat and proceed to the payment section.
- Fill in your payment information in the specified fields and click on the “Confirm” button.
- Add your OTP in the final step to receive your flight ticket.
- The carrier will send you an email including your flight and selected seat details.
Selecting A Seat After The Reservation
You have the advantage of selecting a seat of your choice after booking your flight too. You can do this on the website of the carrier by following a few easy steps.
- From the homepage of the airline, select the “Manage Booking” tab.
- Enter your last name along with the booking reference and click on the “Search” button.
- Your flight itinerary will be retrieved by the system with the display of available seating options.
- Select your seat from the map and pay the required amount to complete the process.
- As soon as your payment is processed, you will receive an updated flight ticket with your selected seat to your registered email address.
Seat Selection Via Call
By calling the global contact center of the carrier, you can select seats on SriLankan Airlines without any hassle.
You can dial the number +94117 77 1979 on your smartphone to connect with one of the staff members of the airline.
Once your call is picked up, give the representative your flight information and express your wish for seat selection. They will first verify your details and provide you with the seat options at hand.
Choose the seat that aligns with your preferences and proceed towards the payment. The representative will confirm your seat and send its details to your contact.
Charges For Seat Selection
On the basis of your purchased fare and flight’s route, the SriLankan Airlines seat selection fee is determined.
- For short-haul flights, you need to pay around $10 for selecting your favorite seat.
- Medium-haul flight seat selection can be confirmed by paying approx $20.
- On long-haul flights, you can select your seat with a payment of $30 approximately.
The charges for seat selection will be applied in the same currency as your flight ticket. The price can change at the sole discretion of the airline.
Seat Selection With Miles
FlySmiles is the frequent flyer program of this air carrier. With membership in this program, you can select preferred seats or pre-book an extra legroom seat for your flight.
You can use your miles and select extra legroom seats up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight.
Seat selection with miles can be done either at the SkyMiles ticket office or by calling +94 (0) 19733 3333.
The availability of extra legroom seats is limited on this carrier. They are offered on a first-come first-serve basis. So, make sure to select your seat in this category beforehand. You should also meet the exit row safety criteria of the airline for these seats.
Neighbor-free Seat Selection
For a more comfortable Economy Class experience, you can select extra seats for a fee. It provides you with up to three passenger-free adjacent seats throughout your flight.
You can select and purchase these seats from 48 hours to 4 hours before your flight’s departure. This process can be completed on the website of the airline and also via an email invite.
Once you have bought the neighbor-free seats, you will receive an email confirmation from the airline. It will indicate your flight details, the number of purchased seats, assigned seats, and the total amount charged.
Can I select a seat for free on SriLankan Airlines?
The airline permits you to make a free seat selection in the following cases:
1. Once the online check-in begins from around 48 hours before the departure. Although the available seating choices might be less.
2. You are flying in Business Class with this carrier.
3. You hold an Economy Flex fare on the H, P, B, or Y class.
4. You are traveling with an infant or require a wheelchair facility.
5. You are a FlySmiles Platinum or Oneworld Emerald member.
Is a neighbor-free seat guaranteed on SriLankan Airlines?
Due to some unavoidable circumstances, the carrier might need to change your seats for the journey. The guarantee of your neighbor-free seats will be reconfirmed by the airline staff at the time of boarding. In case, your extra seat assignment is not provided, then you will be entitled to a full refund. It will be automatically processed to your credit card after the flight.