Every passenger planning a vacation needs everything designed and according to their expectations. Now how can we skip the seats? Obviously, being a passenger, you will wish to start your journey on your preferred seat, and even the airline understands this. Spirit Airlines seat selection is made to assist you from the very beginning of your journey. Whether it’s a window seat or a seat with more legroom, you can choose according to your needs. Let’s know more about the working and perks of this airline’s seat selection process to improve your future travel plans.
A Guideline for Spirit Airlines Seat Selection
As soon as we begin with the whole seat selection process, there are a few things that you must refer to for better understanding.
- The low-cost air carrier doesn’t offer a seat selection process for free. So you are expected to pay minimal charges while choosing your preferred seat. Although if you have Free Spirit elite status, you can proceed with seat selection without paying any charges.
- You can also make the payment for seat selection and baggage as a part of a bundle while you are making bookings with the airline.
- You can skip the step to select seats on Spirit Airlines if you prefer budget-friendly travelling over preferred seating. The airlines will assign you according to the availability of seats.
- If the airline assigns the seat on their own, you may sit apart from your fellow traveller even if you are both on the same reservation.
- Interestingly, if you are travelling with a 13-year or younger traveller, the airline will try their best to assign adjacent seats without additional charges.
- You can use the “Manage Trips” option if you choose to add seats to your reservation more than 24 hours prior to the departure of the flight. But if the departure time is less than 24 hours, then you can purchase seats through the online check-in process.
- If you are a holder of Saver$ Club then you have the perk to receive good discounts on the selection of seats for their individual booking as well as up to eight travel companions.
Different Types of Seats offered
Even Though Spirit is a low-cost carrier, it still offers many choices to the passenger when it comes to seat selection. You can choose your seats from the below-mentioned options provided by the airline:
The airline offers standard seating with narrower seats in comparison to the Big Front Seats. However, the seats in this type still have enough space to make you feel comfortable throughout your journey. In case you prefer more legroom, then you can opt to upgrade your seat to another class.
While talking about the premium seats, they are the exit row seats with more legroom. As per federal guidelines, passengers under the age of 15 can’t choose premium seats because passengers on exit row seats are expected to provide assistance in emergencies.
Big Front Seats
Being a low-cost airline, there are no first-class cabins on Spirit Flights. But you can enjoy the benefit of more legroom if you choose Big Front seats. These seats are on the front of the aircraft with enough space to make you feel comfortable. All the Big Front seats are either aisle or window seats.
Steps to select a seat on Spirit Airlines
There are majorly 2 classifications when it comes to the steps to select a seat on Spirit Flight. You can either select your preferred seat at the time of booking or after the booking while doing the check-in.
Refer to these steps if you wish to select a seat with the airline.
Select a Seat at the time of Booking
- Follow the steps to book a flight with the airline first by providing all the travel and personal details to the airline.
- As soon you complete the process, you will be redirected to a page where an option of “Choose Seat” will appear. Click on the option.
- You can select your preferred seat after checking the availability on the Spirit Airlines seat map.
- In the next step, you are expected to pay for the seat you have selected for your itinerary. Once you make the payment for seat selection, continue with your booking.
- Doble-check all the booking details and information provided by you for the itinerary.
- The airline will share the confirmation of your shared contact details once you complete the process.
Select a Seat after the booking
- To add seats after making the booking, passengers can use both the official website and the mobile app of the airline.
- Once you open any of the panels to change the flight, search for the option “My Trips.”
- Choose the “Seat Selection” option and view the available seats.
- Now make the selection for the seat you want for your journey.
- To complete the process, you are required to make the payment for the seat selection process.
Select Seat at check-in
- If you are close to the departure of the flight and want to select your preferred seat, then open the website of the airline and click on “Check-in.”
- Fill in all your credentials to access your reservation with the airline.
- You will be able to select seats from the available option. It is quite possible that the airline may ask to pay more to choose seats with extra legroom.
- Once done, make the payment for the selection of seats and complete the web check-in process.
- To ensure a smooth check-in, you can call on Spirit Airlines customer care number at 1 (855) 728-3555 or 1-888-990-2621.
Charges to Select Seat on Spirit Airlines
The charges to select a seat varies on certain conditions like the flight and seat you choose to fly on.
- For the Standard Seats, the price range can range between $5-$200 depending on the conditions.
- For the Big Front Seats, the price range can range between $12-$750 per route depending on the conditions and availability.
Does Spirit let you bid on seats?
Yes, you can bid on seats with this low-cost carrier. The binding is done for the Big Front Seats and the exit row seats. It opens 24 hours before your flight and continues up to 2 hours prior to the departure of the flight. Passengers are eligible to bid on a seat till 3 days prior to the departure of the flight.
How do I get the big front seat on Spirit flight?
To get the front seat, you must try to complete the seat selection process at the time of booking. This can increase your probability to have a Big Front seat for your journey.